Seeing old band mates you toured with for years

I am a professional musician, been playing in non stop touring bands for almost 15 years. I just ran across some of my old band mates from the first band I started playing death metal with. We were all 16-18. It was insane, very fun, and it was early 2005-06 and we were playing super tech odious mortem type shit. With a world of deathcore (lol). So we all became extremely close, as most touring bands do. The difference is. We lived together after tour not only on the road. So these guys became closer than family to me. Plus sharing the experiences you do just driving and spending time a bunch of different places creates a lot of memories and places for feels. Its fuckin nuts seeing these guys after 12 years. We all have kids with the exception of one. Our old singer (absolutely the most brutal voice I've ever heard with the most ridiculous power) is now a professional dirt biker dude. The other guitarist became a fuckin pizza hut owner and has a bunch of kids, the only ones still doing shit are my old drummer and bassist. They're still on relapse records which is the label we signed with originally. My band now is on willowtip and those labels dont cross promote so I never see these dudes. I'm not one to ever be on Facebook. I feel like my nuts and heart got ripped out looking at all my old homies (brothers really) I've thought about them a lot over the years and how much different of music I'd be playing if I hadn't started taking fill in positions as a touring guitarist. That's how I ended up meeting the guys I've been with now. Old band broke up, end up with one of the bands I sessioned with. The bonds we create with music and how bands make you feel like you're in a relationship with 4 other people is a fuckin trip. I've been married and divorced, got a new woman and a kid (which rules) I never ever missed my ex wife or any other bitch the way I miss my old band mates. No homo i will love those guys till i die. I could never say any of this to anyone I'm too introverted. So i figured I'd go to the only place I'm comfortable speaking my mind. A good ol death site. My entertainment on the road for YEARS.

Sorry if you read my ramblings.

What kind of music do you guys like? I am in several projects at this point ranging from western swing, blues, death metal, black metal, grindcore, and of course lol bluegrass, jazz. Fuckin taste has gotten so broad over the years.

Jack_the_Ripped

Shekel counter and proud Pacific Island nigger.
I am a professional musician, been playing in non stop touring bands for almost 15 years. I just ran across some of my old band mates from the first band I started playing death metal with. We were all 16-18. It was insane, very fun, and it was early 2005-06 and we were playing super tech odious mortem type shit. With a world of deathcore (lol). So we all became extremely close, as most touring bands do. The difference is. We lived together after tour not only on the road. So these guys became closer than family to me. Plus sharing the experiences you do just driving and spending time a bunch of different places creates a lot of memories and places for feels. Its fuckin nuts seeing these guys after 12 years. We all have kids with the exception of one. Our old singer (absolutely the most brutal voice I've ever heard with the most ridiculous power) is now a professional dirt biker dude. The other guitarist became a fuckin pizza hut owner and has a bunch of kids, the only ones still doing shit are my old drummer and bassist. They're still on relapse records which is the label we signed with originally. My band now is on willowtip and those labels dont cross promote so I never see these dudes. I'm not one to ever be on Facebook. I feel like my nuts and heart got ripped out looking at all my old homies (brothers really) I've thought about them a lot over the years and how much different of music I'd be playing if I hadn't started taking fill in positions as a touring guitarist. That's how I ended up meeting the guys I've been with now. Old band broke up, end up with one of the bands I sessioned with. The bonds we create with music and how bands make you feel like you're in a relationship with 4 other people is a fuckin trip. I've been married and divorced, got a new woman and a kid (which rules) I never ever missed my ex wife or any other bitch the way I miss my old band mates. No homo i will love those guys till i die. I could never say any of this to anyone I'm too introverted. So i figured I'd go to the only place I'm comfortable speaking my mind. A good ol death site. My entertainment on the road for YEARS.

Sorry if you read my ramblings.

What kind of music do you guys like? I am in several projects at this point ranging from western swing, blues, death metal, black metal, grindcore, and of course lol bluegrass, jazz. Fuckin taste has gotten so broad over the years.
tldr bro can you write an abridged version so i can read? it's only 7.30 AM and i don't have my coffee yet

why sad? what did he become... a meth addict?

Some close friends from other bands have died from heroin, I didnt mention that here though. This specific band I was speaking about is more of a nostalgia or ex girlfriend (when its freshly broken off but with close bandmates it never fades) feeling but way more extreme. Dats why so sad fo me.

Jack_the_Ripped

Shekel counter and proud Pacific Island nigger.
Some close friends from other bands have died from heroin, I didnt mention that here though. This specific band I was speaking about is more of a nostalgia or ex girlfriend (when its freshly broken off but with close bandmates it never fades) feeling but way more extreme. Dats why so sad fo me.
ahhh yeah, i remember that too. different circumstances, but i get the same feeling when remember my first gf from HS.