Sergei Vasilyevich Ryakhovsky (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

some guy

Taiwanese Ambassador
ryahovsky_1.jpg

Sergei Vasilyevich Ryakhovsky (Russian: Сергей Васильевич Ряховский) a.k.a. The Hippopotamus, The Balashikha Ripper (1963 in Moscow, Russia-2005) was a Soviet serial killer and rapist who between 1988 and 1993 killed in and around Moscow at least 19 people aged 14 to 78 years including 12 women, five men and two boys. He also assaulted six other victims, who survived
Victims
Ryakhovsky's modus operandi was strangulation by rope or by bare hands, though victims were also sometimes stabbed or mutilated by tools (usually a knife, hammer or screwdriver). Mutilation of the bodies was usually focused on the genital area. Almost all of Ryakhovsky's victims were raped after death. His last victims show the signs of an escalation in violence.
In January 1993 Ryakhovsky murdered a 78-year old man, cut off his head with a hunting knife and, one day later, returned to cut off his leg. He ruptured the abdomen of his next victim, a 65-year old woman, with a weak pyrotechnical device.[1] He hanged, eviscerated, and then decapitated his penultimate victim, a 16-year-old boy, with a knife.
The press nicknamed Ryakhosky 'The Hippopotamus' because of his thick-necked, heavy-handed and pasty-faced appearance and hulking posture (six feet six inches tall and weighing in at 280 lbs).
Arrest
During a routine search of the crime scene area, investigators found a shack with a noose fixed to the ceiling. Considering it a part of the preparation for the next murder, they decided to set an ambush. On 13 April 1993 Ryakhovsky arrived at the shack and was subsequently arrested by the Militsiya officers. Despite his considerable strength and violent temperament shown later at trial, Ryakhovsky showed absolutely no resistance. Later he admitted that, after seeing weapons in the hands of officers, he became frozen with fear.[3]

Investigation
During investigation Ryakhovsky cooperated with officials and investigators, willingly indicating crime scenes and describing methods of killing. According to his confessions, most murders were not planned and were rather an effect of a sudden impulse forcing him to "clean the world of homosexuals and prostitutes" (the same explanations were used to explain motivation behind the murder of 70-year old woman and 78-years old man Ryahovski accidentally met in the forest). There was an exception however, as the murder of three homosexuals met in Izmailovski Park in 1988 were thoroughly planned, and the murder of 45-year old woman that, according to Ryakhovsky, was a result of his sexual urges. Most victims were people over 40 and around 50 years of age, while three of his victims were over 60.

Trial and verdict
According to psychiatrists from the Moscow Serbsky Institute, Ryakhovsky's necrophiliac tendencies were caused by a malfunction in his central nervous system. Ryakhovsky was evaluated as sane, competent for trial and fully responsible for his actions, however. After being informed of his diagnosis, Ryakhovsky's behaviour changed dramatically. The accused, at first complacent and fully cooperating with the investigators, suddenly became obtrusive, stopped cooperating and began demanding punishment for the experts. He also revoked his previous confessions.
Ryakhovsky was sentenced to death by firing squad in July 1995. After hearing the verdict he said: "I will be back". However, in 1996 Russia imposed a moratorium on executions and the sentence was commuted to life imprisonment in the maximum-security penal colony IK1[4]. Ryakhovsky died in 2005 due to a long untreated tuberculosis.
ryahovsky_5.jpg

ryahovsky_6.jpg

16-year-old Vladimir Zaitsev was killed as his own ski pole. The teenager was first strangled
and then anally raped, after which the killer stabbed him through the anus ski pole.
ryahovsky_11.jpg

In January 1993, attacked in the woods to 73-year-old Osipova, armed with an ax, disarmed him,
strangled, committed sexual intercourse with the corpse, and cut off the head and arm.
In addition, the killer returned the next day with a saw and sawed off his leg.
ryahovsky_14.jpg
ryahovsky_15.jpg

September 7, 1992 - 60-year-old passive homosexual Osipovich Nicholas Belkin proposed Ryakhovsky sex.
ryahovsky_16.jpg

One month later, met another gay man who also offered him sex. This time the victim
was a 38-year-old homosexual Oleg Boldin.
ryahovsky_17.jpg

ryahovsky_17_b.jpg

February 22, 1991 - 48-year-old Tatiana Alexandrovna Norkin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergei_Ryakhovsky

kibagirl1212

is a ghoul
coolio. i hear ya, creepod. love russia. so much crazy shit happens there. i swear to god, people must just wake up there and grab a camera, 'cause it seems like whenever craziness goes down, someone's got it on camera.

creepod

(͡• ͜ʖ ͡•)
^that sounds more like brazil, kibagirl. unfortunately russia isnt very proud of its gore so its kinda hard to find. one things for sure theyve got plenty of it, hopefully one day they would accept the fact the world is aware they arent an ideal country and be more open about it.

Victim13

victim13
I don't know why but, with the exception of Chikatilo whose sheer number of victims demands respect, I just don't find Russian serial killers all that interesting. They're not all that cunning and are for the most part disorganized. Even the Chessboard Killer had the most insipid goal: to outdo Chikatilo. In summation, I can only say "meh".

creepod

(͡• ͜ʖ ͡•)
I don't know why but, with the exception of Chikatilo whose sheer number of victims demands respect, I just don't find Russian serial killers all that interesting. They're not all that cunning and are for the most part disorganized. Even the Chessboard Killer had the most insipid goal: to outdo Chikatilo. In summation, I can only say "meh".
each to their own. only reason i care is cuz i can relate to russia more than other countries. the closer it is the more real it feels, seeing brown people or someone from a country ive never been to\heared of feels too distant to care.

Victim13

victim13
Hmmm, that's interesting. I think I know what you're talking about. A lot of non-white serial killers are just boring to me no matter where they come from. These murderers do kill a lot of people and are able to operate for long periods of time because, at least in the U.S., much African-American crime is acted on less aggresively by the police, especially when the victims are black and even more so if they happen to be prostitutes/drug addicts too. Also, our media doesn't focus on black killers as much although we may embrace serial murder as a subject of interest, because it just doesn't sell as much as white crime. Witness the disappearance of Natalee Holloway. If she was a person of color rather than a blond white woman, I don't think the press would have jumped on it they way they did. For my own part, I like to know about all serial killers, though I do find some more interesting personally than others, because I like to be well-versed on this subject and know about as many as I can.

As to the under-reporting of Russian serial crime by the state-controlled media of the former USSR (although even though they're not communist anymore, I think their media is just as state-controlled as it always was; anything to save face), details of serial crimes may have been (and still may be) censored so as to make them seem less perverse. That we know as much about the guy featured in this thread is pretty remarkable actually and the fact that photos are apparently crime scene photos even more so.

MOs are not determined by what instrument was used. Strangulation is common. MO simply means how the victims were lured. What techniques were applied to get a hold of their victims. MO is is distinct from a serial killer's signature.

b2ux

Banned
This user was banned
ryahovsky_1.jpg

Sergei Ryakhovsky

ryahovsky_2.jpg

Sergei Ryakhovsky

ryahovsky_3.jpg

Sergei Ryakhovsky

ryahovsky_12.jpg
ryahovsky_12_b.jpg

The first victim, homosexual Vilkin

ryahovsky_4.jpg

ryahovsky_6.jpg

ryahovsky_5.jpg

16-year-old Vladimir Zaitsev was killed as his own ski pole. The teenager was first strangled
and then anally raped, after which the killer stabbed him through the anus ski pole.

ryahovsky_11.jpg

In January 1993, attacked in the woods to 73-year-old Osipova, armed with an ax, disarmed him,
strangled, committed sexual intercourse with the corpse, and cut off the head and arm.
In addition, the killer returned the next day with a saw and sawed off his leg.

ryahovsky_7.jpg
ryahovsky_8.jpg

62-year-old Anna Feodorovna Narsisyan, killed on April 12, 1993.

ryahovsky_15.jpg
ryahovsky_14.jpg

September 7, 1992 - 60-year-old passive homosexual Osipovich Nicholas Belkin proposed Ryakhovsky sex.

ryahovsky_16.jpg

One month later, met another gay man who also offered him sex. This time the victim
was a 38-year-old homosexual Oleg Boldin.

ryahovsky_17.jpg

ryahovsky_17_b.jpg

February 22, 1991 - 48-year-old Tatiana Alexandrovna Norkin.

b2ux

Banned
This user was banned
ryahovsky_19.jpg

ryahovsky_20.jpg

60-year old witness Mukhina, attacked by the maniac in December 1992,
during the identification of Ryakhovsky in Odintsovo district prosecutor's office.

ryahovsky_24.jpg

On March 9, 1993, Ryakhovsky killed and raped a 55-year Shuyko. Fun, he placed in the vagina
of the victim a petard. The explosion disfigured the body who was found in March 11.
On the Shuyko's glasses Ryakhovsky left a fingerprint.

ryahovsky_27.jpg

Items found in his pockets when arrested Ryakhovsky: passport, latch key, and a rope.

ryahovsky_27_b.jpg

May 5, 1993

ryahovsky_29.jpg
ryahovsky_28.jpg

On April 8, 1993, Ryakhovsky confessed another murder. Rinat Khabibulin, 13-year-old,
was beaten, strangled, raped and dismembered after death: Ryakhovsky cut off
his head, which threw a 40 m away from the corpse.

ryahovsky_36.jpg

ryahovsky_35.jpg

He also confessed to another murder committed in July 1990. The victim was 45-year-old Shumakova

ryahovsky_32.jpg

ryahovsky_33.jpg

On May 5, 1993, Ryakhovsky led investigation team to the body Narsisyan, who killed on April 12, 1993,
before the arrest. On the victim, he left an inscription made in lipstick: "Greetings from Chechnya."

ryahovsky_30.jpg

The first page of Ryakhovsky's diary.

ryahovsky_34_2.jpg

Sergei Ryakhovsky

ryahovsky_34.jpg

Sergei Ryakhovsky

ryakhovsky_101.jpg

A.K.A.: "The Hippopotamus" - "The Balashikha Ripper"

Classification: Serial killer
Characteristics: Necrophilia - Mutilation
Number of victims: 19
Date of murders: 1989 - 1993
Date of arrest: April 13, 1993
Date of birth: December 29, 1962
Victims profile: Men and women aged between 14 and 78 years
Method of murder: Several
Status: Sentenced to death by firing squad in July 1995. In 1996 Russia imposed a moratorium on executions and the sentence was commuted to life imprisonment. He died in prison in 2005 from tuberculosis

Sergei Vasilyevich Ryakhovsky (rus. Сергей Василевич Ряховский) a.k.a. The Hippopotamus, The Balashikha Ripper (b. 1963 in Moscow, Russia) is a Russian serial killer and rapist who between 1988 and 1993 killed in and around Moscow at least 19 people aged 14 to 78 years including 12 men, 4 women and 3 boys. He also assaulted six other victims who survived the attack.

Victims

Ryakhovsky's main modus operandi was strangulation by rope or by bare hands, though victims were also sometimes stabbed or mutilated by a tools (usually a knife, hammer or screwdriver). Mutilation of the bodies was usually focused on the genital area. Almost all of Ryakhovsky's victims were raped post-mortem. His last victims show the signs of an escalation in violence.

In January, 1993 Ryakhovsky murdered a 78-years old man, cut off his head with a hunting knife and one day later, he returned to cut off his leg. His next victim, a 65-year old woman, had her abdomen ruptured by a weak pirotechnical device.

The penultimate victim of the Balakshikha Ripper, a 16-year old boy was hung, eviscerated, and then decapitated with a knife. Ryakhovsky was named 'The Hippopotamus' because his thick-necked, heavy-handed and pasty-faced appearance and hulking posture (six feet six inches tall and weighting in at 280 lbs).

Arrest

During a routine search of the crime scene area, investigators found a shack with a noose fixed to the ceiling. Considering it a part of the preparation for the next murder, they decide to make an ambush. On 13 April 1993 Ryakhovsky arrived at the shack and was subsequently arrested by the Militsiya officers. It is worth noting that despite his considerable strength and violent temperament shown later at trial, Ryakhovsky gives absolutely no resistance. Later he admitted that, after seeing weapons in the hands of officers he became paralyzed with fear.

Investigation

During investigation Ryakhovsky cooperated with officials and investigators, willingly indicating crime scenes and describing methods of killing. According to his confessions, most murders were not planned and were rather an effect of a sudden impulse forcing him to "clean the world of homosexuals and prostitutes" (the same explanations were used to explain motivation behind the murder of 70-year old woman and 78-years old man Ryahovski accidentally met in the forest).

There was an exception however, as the murder of three homosexuals met in Izmailovski Park in 1988 were thoroughly planned and the murder of 45-years old woman that, according to Ryakhovsky, was a result of his sexual urge. Most victims were people over 40 and around 50 years of age, three of his were over 60.

Trial and verdict

According to psychiatrists from the Moscow Serbsky Institute, Ryakhovsky's necrophiliac tendencies were caused by a malfunction in his central nervous system, however Ryakhovsky was evaluated as sane, competent for trial and fully responsible for his actions.

After being informed of his diagnosis, Ryakhovsky 's behaviour changed dramatically. The accused, at first complacent and fully cooperating with the investigators, suddenly became obtrusive, stopped his cooperation and began demanding punishment for the experts. He also revoked his previous confessions. This may suggest that he planned to avoid death penalty through an insanity plea.

Ryakhovsky was sentenced to death by firing squad in July, 1995. After hearing the verdict he said: 'I will be back'. However, in 1996 Russia imposed moratorium on executions and the sentece was changed to lifetime imprisonment in the maximum-security penal colony IK1.

Sergei Ryakhovsky (19)

Sergei, a necrophilic killer known as "The Hippopotamus" because of his size, is believed to have slain up to 19 people in the suburbs of Moscow. Six more survived his attacks. In July, 1995 he was sentenced to death for his crimes

"I will be back," Ryakhovsky said after being sentenced. Local television reported that the killer intended to file an appeal. Ryakhovsky, 32, thick-necked, heavy-handed and pasty-faced, earned his nickname because he is almost six feet six inches tall and weight of 280 pounds. When the trial started in April, the prosecution accused him of killing 19 men and women aged between 14 and 78 up to his arrest in April 1993. Allegedly Ryakhovsky carried out necrophilic acts on his victims and stole their belongings.

In true Eastern European serial killer fashion Sergei first confessed to most of the charges, but later admitted only three murder attempts on elderly women -- despite the fact that he had led investigators to the naked and headless body of a young boy he killed. One of the more bizarre cases outlined by the prosecution was in January 1993, when they say Ryakhovsky killed a 78-year-old man, cut off his head with his hunting knife and returned a day later to saw off his leg. In another act of lethal bizarreness, in March of that year he strangled a woman, committed necrophilia, and blew her up with a bomb he put inside her.

SEX: M RACE: W TYPE:'T MOTIVE: Sex./Sad.

MO: Obese necrophile; victims raped/mutilated after death

DISPOSITION: Condemned, 1995.

Sergei Ryakhovsky

Back