Six-year-old dies after dad forced her to run for hours (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

ElizabethBathory

Hilf Siegen
The father of a 6-year-old girl who died after enduring hours of physical punishment has been detained, said local police in Yueqing, Zhejiang Province Monday.

The 30-year-old suspect, surnamed Zhang, hit his daughter with shoes and demanded the girl run on the spot for six hours on Friday. Late that night she woke complaining of a stomachache and soon lost consciousness, chinanews.com reported.

Zhang did not believe the doctor when he was told his daughter was dead. He insisted on taking her to another hospital but left the girl's body under a tree on a mountain.

Zhang turned himself in after he heard the police were searching for him.

The news portal said Zhang forced his daughter to run on the spot with only a short break for a quick dinner and her homework.

Zhang admitted that he beat his daughter after returning home to find their home in a mess and urine on the floor.

"I thought if I didn't make her realize her mistake, all previous punishments would have been wasted," Zhang said.

According to local police, the doctor who examined the girl reported that she had multiple bruises but doubted they were the cause of death. The police are waiting for an autopsy report to determine the exact cause of death.

"My daughter didn't like reading and was quite naughty. And I easily get angry due to my tiring work," Zhang was quoted by chinanews.com as saying.

Xiong Bingqi, an education expert with the 21st Century Education Research Institute, told the Global Times that physical abuse of a child has no place in a strict traditional upbringing.

"The Law on the Protection of Minors states that parents can be held accountable for abusing their children," Xiong said, adding that part of the problem is when neighbors turn a blind eye to child abuse.

Gao Ming, director of the Shanghai Wanfang Law Firm, told the Global Times that the law only provides a three-year prison sentence for someone convicted of abusing a relative.

"If I were a judge, I would want to sentence him to life in prison," said Gao, noting that physical assault by a stranger carries a maximum sentence of 10 years in prison.

Sev

Well Oiled Member
poor baby. Dads a shithead, but I kind of feel for him. I don't think he was trying to kill her.

Sev

Well Oiled Member
^ I couldn't agree more. I pity him because he killed his child, not because of the punishment he's facing. He deserves whatevers coming, and if there's any semblance of manhood in him, he should know and accept it.

collaredgirl65

Forum Veteran
The kid was 6 years old. Seems his expectations of a child that age were a little out of line. I don't care how hard or exhausting your job is, you don't take it out on a child. :mad:

Reactions: Sev

Airbornemama

Something Ironic...
This user was banned
Unfuckingbelievable! Again my heart is broken because some cock sucker can't control his emotions and takes them out on the most vulnerable person around him, his child. This sick fuck certainly deserves more than just 3 years for killing his child, hell that's just half the time he allowed her to live. he's A waste of fucking air!!

babble

Rookie
unfortunately the ones who need to fill in the application forms are those that can't read or write

G

GreiRoad

Internet Warrior
there's something wrong w/him cognitively. YOu can sense it in the interview

Back