Skydiver dies in Tennessee high school football pregame jump (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

OminousDarkness

Plotting your suicide.
This user was banned
"JONESBOROUGH, Tenn. (AP) — A skydiver has died after his hard landing from a pregame jump at a Tennessee high school football stadium on Friday, officials said.

In a statement, Washington County Schools Superintendent Jerry Boyd said the diver jumped at the David Crockett High School football stadium in the northeastern Tennessee town of Jonesborough. David Crockett was facing Daniel Boone High School from nearby Gray.

Boyd said the skydiver was a beloved husband, father and grandfather. He said mental health support professionals will be at both schools on Monday.

“Our deepest sympathies go out to the family of the injured skydiver that has passed away,” Boyd said in the statement.

Jump TN, a company in Greeneville, told news outlets in a statement that the 55-year-old man worked with the company and had done more than 1,500 jumps. The company said observers and witnesses did not notice anything unusual about the jump or his parachute, saying it was deployed without incident.

Officials have not yet released the identity of the skydiver.

After the incident, the skydiver was airlifted to the hospital for his injuries and a moment of silence was held. The football game went on with a delayed start."

AP

Maybe someone will find a video?

Ward Cleaver

Resident Expert
The only video I've been able to find is the same video that's in the news story linked to below.
The video stops before the moment of impact. I haven't been able to find the unedited video.

His name was Richard Sheffield. Here's the difference now between Richard Sheffield and Ward Cleaver...

1) This evening, Richard Sheffield is freshly embalmed and lying on a metal table in an undertaker's work area.
Tomorrow, the undertaker will dress Richard in a crisp new suit, comb his hair, brush his beard, apply some makeup, and then put him on display in a casket.

2) This evening, Ward Cleaver is relaxing in a recliner, with my laptop in front of me, sipping from a glass of scotch on the rocks, and feeling quite content as I wiggle my toes in my slippers and type this.

The stark dichotomy of the images described above is why Ward Cleaver never has and never will skydive.

Regards,
-Ward

OminousDarkness

Plotting your suicide.
This user was banned
The only video I've been able to find is the same video that's in the news story linked to below.
The video stops before the moment of impact. I haven't been able to find the unedited video.

His name was Richard Sheffield. Here's the difference now between Richard Sheffield and Ward Cleaver...

1) This evening, Richard Sheffield is freshly embalmed and lying on a metal table in an undertaker's work area.
Tomorrow, the undertaker will dress Richard in a crisp new suit, comb his hair, brush his beard, apply some makeup, and then put him on display in a casket.

2) This evening, Ward Cleaver is relaxing in a recliner, with my laptop in front of me, sipping from a glass of scotch on the rocks, and feeling quite content as I wiggle my toes in my slippers and type this.

The stark dichotomy of the images described above is why Ward Cleaver never has and never will skydive.

Regards,
-Ward
Hahaha! You're a trip.

By the way, that was no accident. He was showing off, and he should have leveled off several hundred feet higher. Came in too fast and no flare was going to stop that.

Ward Cleaver

Resident Expert
Per the news stories about this event, the dead Tennessee skydiver has been identified as Richard Sheffield.

I'm wondering if some of you fellas took note of the picture of Sheffield and his wife in the news story which I linked to in my previous post?

For our intents and purposes, let's refer to her as The Widow Sheffield.
I've cropped Mr. Sheffield out of that picture below because he is now indeed out of the picture, figuratively and literally.
If you will, have another look at The Widow Sheffield from that picture in the news...

widow.jpeg

She appears to be in her 50's...just as her deceased husband was.
It's obvious that The Widow Sheffield has taken care of herself, she's height/weight proportionate, emanates a glow of good health, and being in her 50's, the libido of her womanhood is still very much intact.
In fact, The Widow Sheffield might colloquially be referred to as a "MILF."

In other words, The Widow Sheffield is still a vibrant woman, and as such...she has womanly needs.

I can see a potential here for any motivated fella within a 100 mile radius of that town...a fella who's willing to invest the necessary time and effort...to enter into an arrangement with The Widow Sheffield that is referred to nowadays as "Friends With Benefits."

I didn't want to proffer my advice too soon, for fear it might sound tacky, but on the other hand, I didn't want to withhold my advice for too long, because a fella has to strike while the iron is hot...lest someone else will make the initial move and take his place.

Regards,
-Ward

freebsd

Well Known Member
So which team had the cadaver as a mascot?
But it's about time wuss football started uping the body count to close in on real football.

DoDoo

You shoud hear my Spanish ...
I remember him from high school. They were targeting him pretty heavily toward the end.

SlickPenguin

Fresh Meat
He was trying to swoop, which levels you out inches off the ground, traveling about 70 mph forward. He didn't level out soon enough.

Back