social o's compositions "blight"

social outcast

karma can be expected
2012-09-19 23.03.33-1.jpg

So I have a few songs uploaded to soundcloud and am going to share my style of music I make. Been playing since 13.
The latest name I have dubbed what I compose is called "blight". So, yea, would be the band/projects name. "blight = something that frustrates plans or hopes" That's the definition I like.
Very DIY, recorded via my mobile using Four Tracks Lite for Android, I could use an app that converts the .ogg file to .mp3 on my mobile but for some reason the .mp3 comes out bloated. A 800kb song can be 6 mb after converting. So I rely on (gasp!) a windows computer that has soundforge on it to convert the file from FTL. Well, here goes nothing...

-These Notes Will Carry My Lifeless Corpse Away-
Song opens with movie dialogue from: Unspeakable Acts, then to dialogue from an Intervention episode then to dialogue from Tales of Despereaux.

Unspeakable Acts:
woman: Where is this coming from? How evil. How dark.
man: I know. I have the same feeling. Darkness.
woman: There's something terribly wrong here. This is beyond imagination. We came here to interview a few kids. And now we're in the middle of a nightmare. What have we gotten ourselves in to?
Intervention:
mother: We just want you to get better. You don't want to live like this, sweetheart.
daughter: I will never get better. I will only die.
Tales of Deperaux:
narrator: When your heart breaks, it can grow back crooked. It can grow back twisted and gnarled and hard. Even as he changed, Roscurro still had longing. But now he just longed for someone whose heart was as hardened as his was.

These... The touch of cold steel on my skin, I follow a vein down to my wrist
Notes... I make a deep cut down to the bone. Bloods fast coming, straight to the floor
Will... I squeeze my toes, clench my fists, bloods now pouring out of my wrist
Carry... Falling down, down to the ground. I'm listening to these last sounds:

This knife, this knife and me, this knife it's looking, looking at me
Its eyes, its eyes are pleading, pleading for me to make a deep slice
My life, my life is ending , fading away into the dark
The night, the night is waiting, waiting for me so this is goodbye

My... The rush of warm blood now goes away. Cold and tingly my hands are gray
Lifeless... At first there was shock then disbelief. But I must remember death brings relief
Corpse... I'm closing my eyes. It shelters me from, all the red, the end has now come
Away... Languidly floating, I've drifted away, I've had the best feelings on this final day:

This knife, this knife and me, this knife it's looking, looking at me
Its eyes, its eyes are pleading, pleading for me to make a deep slice
My life, my life is ending, fading away into the dark
The night, the night is waiting, waiting for me so this is goodbye

Ends with dialogue from the same Intervention episode:
mother: Maybe for the first time you'll live happy
daughter: There's no such thing

social outcast

karma can be expected
This next song is inspired by the story I wrote in this thread. I am posting lyrics but have not added them to the recording yet. Most of these compositions are work in progress and being a perfectionist, it is very hard to reveal them before I have them absolutely perfect but where's the time for that?

-The Cursed Is Her(e)-
From mournful cries
Crows start a flight
They're filling the sky
She's now shunned the light

The seer enters
Oaken staff in hand
Her husband begs,
"Please have mercy!"

"The cursed is here...
The cursed is here...
The cursed is here...
The cursed is her!"

The door flung open
She's there looking down
"Come near, dear husband."
She's floating, hand outstretched

"No! Don't do it."
Commands the seer
Blinded by love
He reaches for her...

Nearer death giveth a ride
Than our own hands bringeth life

"The cursed is here...
The cursed is here...
The cursed is here...
The cursed is her!"

social outcast

karma can be expected
Here we have more vocals. In the beginning I recorded, with my mobile, inside of a stairwell and the wind was howling through the door to the outside. And it's my footsteps you hear walking up three flights of stairs and the door opened up to hallway to a hotel I was staying at. And the dialogue at the end is from Unspeakable Acts. What the lil dude recites is called Illiana's Prayer. I have included the full version from the actual case file that the movie abridged.

-Drone Reproach-
Fatal realization
Can't look up
Two spirit
Two spirits
The road ended
Singing
Dual entity
Vying for control
Let me pave a path
It'll fall into ruin
Expected disfunction
Tumultuous endeavor
Now ready, was ready

But gone, astray
Blossoms frozen on a tree
Although real my belief fades
Yet there is an unwavering
Focus left
(repeat twice)

Two spirit
Haunting me
Disappeared in to thin air
(repeat 4 times)

Running out of time...
(repeat 4 times)

investigator: What is that Jason, what are you drawing?
kid: Devil, I love you. You gave me the grateful gifts. Take this bird with you. And take all the children up to hell with you. We don't love the children because they are a gift of god. We want the children to be hurt. Amen
Illiana's Prayer (unabridged version)

Devil I love you
Please take this bird with you
And take all the children up to hell with you
You gave me the grateful gifts.
God of Ghosts, please hate jesus and kill jesus
Because he is the baddest, damndest person in the whole world.
We dont love children because they are a gift of god.
We want the children to be hurt.
Amen.

social outcast

karma can be expected
These are just random songs or even just riffs that are possible ideas. Like the scrap room floor debris but still blight.

-Desolation Remains-
First jam I came up with when I bought the guitar and amp that these songs were recorded on. (spring 2012)

-The Absolute Fear-
Song was created to soothe someone's fear... :rose:

-Gonna Happen-
yep. it will.

-02103052-
The title is the fingering/chords on the E and A using two fingers.

-081912-
Title is the date is was created. Lovely feedback in the beginning.

-09.08.12-
My brother gave me the best response on this. "That new riff you emailed me rocks! I really like the chord progression and the last part is sick! I see a band of beaten down soldiers walking away from an epic battle and the morning sun rising up to greet them and their eyes stare up to witness a glorious sunrise." :cool:

social outcast

karma can be expected
-dindin-
OK, I started a whole thread a while back for this song but I will include the lyrics here. The story is this: I was going to classes in Phoenix for Facilities Maintenance Certification. I have a friend down there and one night she made a plate of food for me. Well, she is so skittish about the person in her life, so she had one of her buddies meet me at a gas station close to her house and in the styrofoam food tray, she had a note included and I made the note into lyrics for this song. The song was recorded on acoustic and the vocals aren't mixed but all recorded at same time. And it's called dindin because that's what she called the plate of food for me. Was enchiladas with rice and beans, btw. :lol: And, yes, that's her eyeball. Totally bloodshot and baked...

"From Russia, with love.
Enjoy! Sorry, writing in the dark...
Love, Missy
Love Missy."
Keep reading, keep reading
Can't stop, cannot
Can't stop, cannot
"From Russia, with love.
Enjoy! Sorry, writing in the dark...
Love, Missy
Love Missy."
Can't stop, cannot
Can't stop, cannot"

Hellwig

Banned
Short Bussed
^bump

:tu: Good shit SO, but the sound quality makes it kinda difficult to "get".

On a related 'note', does anybody know a cheap/free good alternative to Pro Tools. I have a few song idea snippets that i'd like to record so I can hear how they actually sound outside of my own head but I don't even know where to start re multitrack recording etc.

social outcast

karma can be expected
Thanks dude. Several reasons for lackluster sound quality: sorry ass Yamaha® practice amp, recording into open mic on mobile phone, converting from .ogg file format to .mp3 to whatever soundcloud converts to and shitty pickups on guitar. That being said, I am pleased with the quality because it follows the philosophy of these Hateful Hymns Of A Dreary Cult project.