South American scientist discovers worlds largest spider. (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SimmonS

SS Teutonic knights templar
spdr.jpg

When Naskrecki approached the imposing creature in the rainforest, it would rub its hind legs against its abdomen. At first, the scientist thought the behavior was “cute,” he said, but then he realized the spider was sending out a cloud of hairs with microscopic barbs on them. When these hairs get in the eyes or other mucous membranes, they are “extremely painful and itchy,” and can stay there for days, he said. [Creepy-Crawly Gallery: See Spooky Photos of Spiders]

But its prickly hairs aren’t the birdeater’s only line of defense; it also sports a pair of 2-inch-long (5 centimeters) fangs. Although the spider’s bite is venomous, it’s not deadly to humans. But it would still be extremely painful, “like driving a nail through your hand,” Naskrecki said.

And the eight-legged beast has a third defense mechanism up its hairy sleeve. The hairs on the front of the spider’s body have tiny hooks and barbs that make a hissing sound when they rub against each other, “sort of like pulling Velcro apart,” Naskrecki said.

Yet despite all that, the spider doesn’t pose a threat to humans. Even if it bites you, “a chicken can probably do more damage,” Naskrecki said.

Source:
http://www.rightwingnews.com/top-ne...worlds-largest-spider-size-puppy-rain-forest/

spaze

Rookie
A bite feels like a nail through the hand.As the guy in the pic is trying to pet no thanks.

Firegoddess420

♥ Super Dank ♥
I am not the most fond fan of spiders myself, but never could I kill such a magnificent creature.
Not a second thought. I like birds more fuck that thing.. bet you wouldnt hesitate either if he was in your sleeping bag with you lol
Edit: that thing is what bad dreams are made of

Back