Suggestions on Unfinished work?

Zombie

Brain Dead
Here is the progress so far of my first digital drawing. It's my friend kinda zombified.
(please excuse the size I don't know how to show them in a small preview form)

What do you think the back ground should look like? also...do you think I should add hair strands where the wound is or maybe change the tint of his skin to a blueish or green color? maybe more wounds? please leave any suggestions :)

matahari

Star Fox 64
I might gradiate the skin, as you suggest, from the open side to the healthy side. For some reason, I like the stark white background. What are you using for your digital drawing as far as software?

OP
Zombie

Zombie

Brain Dead
I might gradiate the skin, as you suggest, from the open side to the healthy side. For some reason, I like the stark white background. What are you using for your digital drawing as far as software?
I am only using photoshop and I used a wacom tablet that I borrowed from my school.
Do you think I should make the gradient part blue or green? maybe a mix of both?
i tried to match the skin closest to his but he doesnt look dead at all...too fresh.

matahari

Star Fox 64
My impression is that he is not dead, only partially. You can make a custom gradient in Photoshop starting with a blue/grey/green skin mildly graduating to a healthy skin tone.

OP
Zombie

Zombie

Brain Dead
My impression is that he is not dead, only partially. You can make a custom gradient in Photoshop starting with a blue/grey/green skin mildly graduating to a healthy skin tone.
I think I'm gonna make the gradient my hand on the wacom tablet because i don't really like the gradients on photoshop they seem to be unnatural (even with the custom colors). But thank you very much for the suggestions I will definitely add the gradient to it.

matahari

Star Fox 64
You can edit the gradients exactly the way you want them, but using your tablet, you can do a wonderful airbrush :D

Powerline75

Fresh Meat
I hope Zombie doesn't mind messing up with lovely Kevin, but I did shopped him up a little bit. It's not really much, but it's 4 AM here and I am getting dangerously close to catching a sunrise
kevinnnn copy.jpg

matahari

Star Fox 64
Picky me, but his T-shirt gray portion needs to include the same shading/light detail as the rest of the shirt and a little more shading on the lapel on the right.

OP
Zombie

Zombie

Brain Dead
Picky me, but his T-shirt gray portion needs to include the same shading/light detail as the rest of the shirt and a little more shading on the lapel on the right.
the jacket was never finished, i just put the base color and barely started shading the left lapel....i had to look up that word...you learn something new everyday :]

Powerline75

Fresh Meat
I would suggest a white t-shirt, with a few rips/holes, and blood stains on it, and, for an even more "dirty" look, a really filthy knit beannie. As for the background.... I can help with that

Alex

Lolokaust Paintmaster
If this is your first digital drawing then its amazing. Only crit I got is to deaden his face up a bit. Maybe make the right eye a bit more lazy, he's looking very alert. Very impressive.