The Ant Hill Kids (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Couldn’t really find a good home for this one so I’ll post here. No pics, only story.

In the 70s/80s a guy named Roch Theriault had a cult - same old story - charismatic, good looking, fucked every woman in cult, said he was god, etc. this thread is about the inevitable abuse that occurred. I copy and pasted the wiki part of his cult on abuse, but click on the citations for the stories.

Following the cult's formation, Thériault began to move away from being a motivational leader as his drinking problem worsened, becoming increasingly totalitarian over the lives of his followers and irrational in his beliefs. Members were not allowed to speak to each other when he was not present, nor were they allowed to have sex with each other without his permission.[3] Thériault used his charismatic talents to cover for his increasingly abusive and erratic behaviour, and none of the other members questioned his judgement or openly blamed him for any physical, mental or emotional damage.[3] Thériault began to inflict punishments on followers that he considered to be straying, by spying on them and claiming that God told him what they did. If a person wished to leave the commune, Thériault would hit them with either a belt or hammer, suspend them from the ceiling, pluck each of their body hairs individually, or even defecate on them.[6] The Ant Hill Kids raised money for living by selling baked goods, and members who did not bring in enough money were also punished.[7]

Over time, Thériault's punishments became increasingly extreme and violent, including making members break their own legs with sledgehammers, sit on lit stoves, shoot each other in the shoulders, and eat dead mice and feces. A follower would sometimes be asked to cut off another follower's toes with wire cutters to prove loyalty. The abuse extended to the cult's children, who were sexually abused, held over fires, or nailed to trees while other children threw stones at them. One of Thériault's wives left a newborn child, Eleazar Lavallée, outside to die in freezing temperatures to keep him away from the abuse. Thériault attempted to backtrack to the original religious mission of the commune, beginning to strongly believe in purifying his followers and ridding them of their sins through abusive purification sessions where the members would be completely nude as he whipped and beat them. Thériault claimed to be a holy being, and started performing unnecessary amateur surgical operations on sick members to demonstrate his healing powers. These "surgeries" included injecting a 94% ethanol solution into stomachs, or performing circumcisions on the children and adults of the group. In 1987, social workers removed 17 of the children from the commune. However, Thériault faced no repercussions for his abusive acts.

In 1989, when follower Solange Boilard complained of an upset stomach, Thériault performed another amateur surgery without anaesthesia. He laid her naked on a table, and punched her in the stomach, then forced a plastic tube into her rectum to perform a crude enema with molasses and olive oil. He cut open her abdomen with a knife and ripped off part of her intestines with his bare hands.[1] Thériault made another member, Gabrielle Lavallée, stitch her up using needle and thread, and had the other women shove a tube down her throat and blow through it.[8] Boilard died the next day from the damage inflicted by the procedures. Claiming to have the power of resurrection, Thériault bored a hole into Boilard's skull with a drill and then had other male members (along with himself) ejaculateinto the cavity. When Boilard did not return to life, her corpse was buried a short distance from the Ant Hill Kids' commune.

Rabidface

Forum Veteran
I heard of a similar story about a Korean dude in America who thought he was the tits and beat a woman to death and when she started to decompose and change colour he thought she was coming back to life. When arrested he asked for more time to resurrect her. Or something very close to this. My memory isn't what it once was.
Anyway, that's how I broke my arm...

Dead Christ

Saw It Coming
I used to love reading about cults, the Ant Hill kids were so brutal. It's sad and a bit dickish, but the unobstructed violence of that psuedo-operation on the woman is almost comical :kenny: There had to have been better ways to get oxygen into her. Have you guys heard about butt breathing?

Admiral

Lurker
been a fan of the strange, dark and mysterious and noticed all these kind/type of events happened in the 60's,70's.. strange batch of people..

freebsd

Well Known Member
anyone need more proof you can't fix STUPID. How do you use molasses for an enema, it will never flush out, just make things even worse inside.

But Bill of Rights doesn't say freedom of SANE religions. It's ALL of them.

If they wanted to they could have charged him with practicing medicine without a license. He must be a bastard of biden to get away with so much.

Back