The Camp Keddie Murders (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

lily lou

Rookie
[Qdon'tE="girl101, post: 619818, member: 1220"]I will take some pictures this week and post them. The killers name is Scott Panetti and he has a colorful record . But promise to get you pics and get them up.
do you know the bed and breakfest name. i wonder if they have a website.[/QUOTE]
I don't think it dors but I will get the pics . I think the address was 709 Austin St Fredericksburg Tx 78624. If wrong I will get the right address . I tried to forget that house and time in life because my late ex was so abusive. But don't fret I will deliver all you want to know.[/QUOTE]
807 west austin street Fredericksburg Tx .

L

ladywicked666

Internet Warrior
Seeing how this was the first post I ever read here I find it appropriate that I leave a mark here..thank you for this information..I didn't know all of this, the book I read included a small snippet of the story...

ScHoLaR oF SMuT

Forum Veteran
quoting a very interesting read concerning the testimony of justin eason who had attendeda sleepover that fatefuk night in the cabin and managed to escape all harm:
Initially, Justin Eason denied having seen or heard anything that night, but later recalled a dream which he related to authorities: "I am on a passenger boat. Somebody got thrown out and there was a fight. He had long black hair and his hair was combed back. He had black glasses with a gold frame and dark lenses. He had a moustache, jean jacket, blue jeans and wore cowboy boots. He has a hammer in his left hand and it had a wooden handle. Johnny and Dana fought the man. Dana was almost drunk. Johnny was thrown overboard and then Dana. The man ran away. A body was lying on the bow. Sue, she had black hair and a sheet over her. I looked under the sheet and she was slit in the chest. Everybody gathered around her and wanted to go to shore. (Sue Sharp had, indeed, been stabbed in the chest.) I was down by Sue, trying to take care of her. All the blood was coming down and I was trying to patch her up with a blue and white flowered rag. I threw the rag in the water.”

"Sometime later during a polygraph examination, Justin confessed to the polygrapher that he believed he had actually witnessed the murders, but this testimony differed from the dream. Justin now said he was awakened by a noise, went to the bedroom door and peeked into the livingroom where he saw Sue Sharp lying on the sofa and two adult males standing in the middle of the room. One did have black hair combed back and dark glasses and the other had brown hair and wore blue jeans and army-type boots. Johnny and Dana came in the front door and Johnny began arguing with the men and a fight ensued. Dana tried to get away and ran toward the kitchen, but the brown-haired man struck him with a hammer and Dana fell to the floor. In the meantime, the other man was attacking Johnny and Sue rushed to his aid. At this point, Justin hid behind the door."

It is not clear what the boy could have seen from his hiding place, but he said the two men tied up Johnny and Dana, so he must have been able to see the livingroom. According to Justin, Tina came out of her room dragging a blanket and asked, "What's going on?" The two men rushed at her, grabbed her by the arms and took her out the back door. Justin claimed Tina had cried for help. (If she did, no one in the area heard her, unless these were the “muffled screams” described by Barbara Meyer and her boyfriend.) Justin said the black-haired man "cut Sue in the middle of the chest," with a pocket knife. Justin assisted an artist in drawing composites (above) of the two men he claimed to have seen. "

In a subsequent interview, Marilyn Smartt informed authorities that Marty "hated Johnny Sharp with a passion” and claimed that in the early morning hours of April 12, her husband had burned something in the fireplace.

There were rumors that both Smartt and Boubede were prescription drug-seekers. There were also rumors that Johnny Sharp and Dana Wingate were peripherally involved in the drug scene and may have stolen some drugs. If Smartt hated Johnny Sharp, as his wife claimed, and if he and his drug-abusing friend believed the two boys had drugs, there is a possibility the men went to Cabin 28 that night with the intention of taking, or otherwise obtaining, the drugs.

On June 4, 1981, Department of Justice investigators Bradley and Crim interviewed a man by the name of Davis, who had lived next door to Cabin 28 until two weeks prior to the murders. He said he did not associate with the Sharp family, but had seen the kids around. He recalled one unusual incident that occurred approximately three weeks before he moved when, he said, "There was one hell of a fight" between Sue Sharp and a man. According to Davis, the confrontation took place around 10 p.m. and might have been on a Friday night. He heard people yelling loudly and when he looked out the window, he saw Mrs. Sharp and the man standing outside the front door of Cabin 28. They were yelling obscenities. Davis heard the man yell, "You dirty cunt!" and she yelled back, "You bastard!" The argument lasted around a half-hour, however, he did not know how long it might have been going on inside the house."

thisted

NewbieX
I've read about this murder sometime ago, don't remember where though, anyway it's a really weird case. I can't understand why no one heard them.

I do however have a feeling that killers knew their victims well, perhaps they were close to the family or maybe even family members...but that's just my own speculations.

Mr.Brutality

TRAMPLE THE WEAK, HURDLE THE DEAD
I speculate that this was a sexually motivated killing. A pervert, perhaps a friend of the family, wanted to rape the young girl Tina. So he massacred everyone in the room to prevent witnesses and kidnapped her for his sick pleasure.

Sev

Well Oiled Member
JASON-VORHEES-FEAT-03132015-970x545.jpg

snatch

Avidly prowling for spoil
update; the two main suspects are now dead and the police chief is suspected of covering up some details as one of the killers was his friend. story was, sue was friends with the main killer,s wife. sue had been encouraging the woman to leave the abusive relationship. the night of the killings, the alibi,s don't match up but it can be proven the two men were at the sharp house. most evidence has been destroyed "accidently". dept. of justice did a shit job.

the strangers may have a touch of cabin 28 but it,s based on a Czech story with manson family overtones

Back