The Final Death Ride

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
I don't think that alot of us, immersed as we are into gore, really think about how we're going to take that final ride when our time comes. Those being cremated don't really need to think about this, but those that are going out in a box need a car or wagon to take them to that 6 foot hole in the ground.

So, for a while now, I've had a large set of various hearses that many take that final Death Ride on (or, in...).

First I'll start off with a variety of the old horse drawn types of hearses (some of which are pretty awesome).

Horse Drawn Hearses.

Set 1.

1. This was a very early London cart. The owner would walk the streets calling for bodies.
18th-century-commoner-hearse-London.jpg

1895-horse-drawn-hearse-England.jpg

1916-Packard-funeral-bus.jpg

horse-drawn-hearse1-London.jpg

horse-drawn-hearse2-USA.jpg

OP
DeathHand

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
Well that was how they did it 100 years ago, and some still opt for the horse drawn hearse to take them home.

But if that's not your style, then you might be one that prefers to ride out on a motorized hearse that has 4 wheels. Not that any of us will care either way, but if planned before you demise then atleast you will know that you are going out the way that you want to.

With the motorized hearses in this compilation, I tried to get a good photo of hearses from different countries and ascending years up to the present.

Motorized Hearses.

Set 1.

1. Hard carved.
1919-Sayers-and-Scovill-hearse.jpg

1922-Packard-carved-panel-hearse.jpg

3. Hand carved.
1924-Lincoln-hearse-Mexico.jpg

1927-BuickFlxible-hearse.jpg

1927-Henney-hearse.jpg

OP
DeathHand

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
Right, so now we move into the Motorcycle Drawn hearses.

Not many bikers are keen on going out in a cage (car).

Set 1.

motorcycle-drawn-hearse1-Harley-trike.jpg

motorcycle-drawn-hearse1-VW-custom-trike.jpg

motorcycle-drawn-hearse2-Harley-Road-King-trike.jpg

motorcycle-drawn-hearse4-Triumph.jpg