The Long Island Serial Killer ( aka Gilgo Beach Killer) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Sidetrack

Lurker
From "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_Island_serial_killer"
" - The Long Island Serial Killer (also referred to by media sources as the "Gilgo Killer") is an unidentified suspected serial killer who is believed to have murdered 10 to 14 people associated with the sex trade over the last 15 or so years and dumped their bodies along the Ocean Parkway, near the remote beach towns of Gilgo Beach and Oak Beach in Suffolk County and the area of Jones Beach State Park in Nassau County.
The remains of four victims were found in December 2010, while six more sets of remains were found in March and April 2011.[1][2][3]Police believe that the latest sets of remains predate the four bodies found in December 2010. [4]
On May 9, 2011, authorities surmised that two of the newest sets of remains might be the work of a second killer.[5] On November 29, 2011, however, the police announced that they believe that one person is responsible for all 10 deaths and that they do not believe that the case of Shannan Gilbert (see below) is related.[6] According to Suffolk County District Attorney Thomas Spota, "It is clear that the area in and around Gilgo Beach has been used to discard human remains for some period of time." [7] - "

201112_gilgoAP.jpg

brush-gilgo-beach-serial-killer2[1].jpg

closed-ocean-parkway-serial-killer4[1].jpg

gilgo-beach-ariel-view-serial-killer-searcg4[1].jpg

gilgo-beach-bodies-oak-beach-killer[1].jpg

gilgo-beach-murder-victim-search1[1].jpg

gilgo-beach-sign[1].jpg

images[1].jpg

long-island-press-serial-killer-newspaper[1].jpg

long-island-serial-killer-new-sketches-help-indentify.jpg

long-island-serial-killer-search-for-shannan-gilbert[1].jpg

Metro-Gilgo-Murders[1].jpg

Newsday-1-241[1].jpg

ny-craigslist-serial-killer-long-island[1].jpg

shannan-gilbert-missing-not-at-gilgo-beach6[1].jpg

slide-4[1].jpg

suffolk-county-crime-killer[1].jpg

truck-gilgo-beach-serial-killer-search[1].jpg

b2ux

Banned
This user was banned
yeah who else could go where ever on a main road and not be noticed right...... who else could chase 1 of the girls into the mini swamp with no responce form anyone hummmmmmm ... besides most cops have a thing for hookers ......dono just seems thats where i would be looking ......

Gorgutz

Post-Mortem
yeah who else could go where ever on a main road and not be noticed right...... who else could chase 1 of the girls into the mini swamp with no responce form anyone hummmmmmm ... besides most cops have a thing for hookers ......dono just seems thats where i would be looking ......
Right agent b2ux, the police dept of long island will be eager to hear from you.

b2ux

Banned
This user was banned
well got a better opinion lets here it ...........
bodies are all off a main road which you see a cop every couple mins. 1 victum was chased into the swamp. a car had to be parked on the side of the road nowhere else to park if you got stuck there within 5 mins there would be a cop pulling behind you to see if you needed help thats the area ....... well

Well....It is amazing how a case, so recent, can become so cold, so fast.....My theory is, incompetence, corruption and conspiracy ;).It seems that the media, has been gagged. Just look it up, everything is three years old....Two sites, LongIslandSerialKiller.com and a site called, Catching L.I.S.K., were systematically shut down. Dead women continue to show up and are deemed, unrelated....When the F.B.I., sent the helicopters through with the high resolution cams, they found 90, points of interest and none, were Shannon Gilbert.She was found after choppers went through.Her body must have been put there afterwards....I have a definate person of interest ;).

NeeNaw

NewbieX
Are Bodys still showing up in that area? last I seen of that was a re-hash of old material on 48hours Mystery!!

Bizarre to say the least re: the Shannon Gilbert case. Last 1 I heard of.

squid

Rookie
I just finished a book on this case called Lost Girls the four girls found were in burlap sacks all in one area and appear to have been strangled while the other victims were dismembered and scattered in different areas a toddler included it really sounds like two killers using the same dumping ground they speculate all victims were prostitutes but the other victims haven't been identified so there's no way to really know and it does sound like Shannon gilbert was killed by someone other than the serial killer(s)

Back