The most infamous murder cases in Spaniard history (2 Viewers)


Hello everyone. I'm the one who have been traslating much of The Alcàsser Girls, so now I would like to talk a bit about other murder cases and unsolved disappearances whcih took place in Spain.
Here we go: with the first one:

The Macastre murders. Current state: Unsolved.

On 15th January 1989, a boy and two girls, Francisco Valeriano (14 years old), his girlfriend Rosario Gayete (15 years old) and Pilar Ruiz (15 years old), all of them inhabitants from the city of Valencia, decided to go camping to a hilly area located next to Catadau, located 35 kilometres away to the southwest of the city. In fact, a bus ticket was found inside Francisco Valeriano's pocket who proved that, indeed they've travelled that day from Valencia to Catadau. Although it was believed that their goal was to camping in nearby wild, it was know by their friends that they used to visit an empty house inside the town of Catadau where squatters, glue sniffers and heroin drug addicts used to gather. However, the corpses of Rosario Gayete and Francisco Valeriano were found in Macastre (somewhat 30 kilometres away northwest from Catadau), and no one knows why and how they've gone so far there.

That day, on 15th January 1989 at early evening, the three blokes were seen alive for the last time, just when they decided to go Bar El Parador in Catadau to buy some sandwiches and drinks.

On 19th January 1989, a farmer man found Rosario's corpse inside his little farmer house located nearby Macastre. The victim had not no signs of violence nor sexual assault. The button of her trousers was undid and the zipper was half opened. The farmer thought she was asleep for the first time, but he later realised that she was dead instead.
On 27th January 1989 a woman who lived in Alcasser street at the city of Valencia was waiting he daughter to bring her grandchildren, so she was seeing the street, a white car arrived and a man left something by the door of a haulage company. She didn't care, but when her daughter left home, she passed by the door of the company's door and she found that it was a foot. Once the police arrived at the scene, they found some newspaper sheets with blood stains inside a rubbish bin located three metres away from the haulage company's door. Such foot belonged to a young woman, although it could not be determined by whom until 24th May 1989, when four children whilst playing around discovered a female corpse in Turís (8 kilometres east to Macastre), just inside a long water pipe adjacent to an irrigation waterway ,and was revealed that the foot had been removed from the corpse.
The autopsy confirmed that it was Pilar Ruiz, who had been mutilated with a chain saw shortly after she died. Not only that her foot was missing, but one of her hands was missing too. About 20 days before the random ghoulish finding in Turís, it was known that the a support phone line for drug users received an anonymous call warning about the place where the corpse of Macastre crimes was located for, and that such anonymous man blamed a drug dealer nicknamed 'Wichita' as a culprit for this crime. Apparently, the police wasn't able to find the corpse, so they thought it was fake, but unfortunately, 20 days later, those children unexpectely found the body as they were playing inside the long water pipe. The police believed that 'Wichita' got saddled with the crime by the anonymous call for some kind of revenge or something.
Shortly before, on 6th April 1989, a man who was picking asparagus found a body in an advanced decay among the bushes. It was the one of Francisco Valeriano, who was wrapped himself in thick plastic and there was a candle over the ground (which matched with other candle located inside the house where Rosario gayete died). In fact, Francisco Valeriano's corpse was just about 400 metres away from the farmhouse where Rosario gayete's corpse was found, and that it seemed that he died there, which indicates that the police didn't checked properly the surroundings of the farmer house.

The police investigations could only determine the cause of Pilar Ruiz's violent death, whereas for Francisco Valeriano and Rosario Gayete it can't be stated the cause of death, speculating that perhaps they had been forced to take a cocktail of drugs and that they've suffered a cardiac arrest to death. However, no traces of drugs could be found on their bodies, so it was theorised that they could something unusual that cant'be traced by common drug tests, such as mushrooms or poisonous, deadly plants.
Thus, there were some footprints located outside the farmhouse which indicated that the three young men were accompanied by at least another person, likely an adult man, but to not avail.

Authorities found two possible suspects of the triple murder: The first one was a 60-years-old man nicknamed as 'El Miguelo', inhabitant of Macastre, whom several eyewitnesses saw being accompanied by those three guys inside Bar El Parador at the evening of the day they vanished for. However, no evidence was found to link him to the crime. The second main suspect was 'Wichita', another inhabitant of Macastre: No conclusive evidence was found against him either, so the investigation became cold case.
Four years later, the murders of The Alcàsser Girls, which happened only 34 kilometres away from Macastre, made the Macastre case disappear into obscurity. Years later, some coincidences with the Alcàsser case were founds. The most obvious is that there were also three victims, but the most amazing one has to do with the Bar El Parador in Catadau: It's the last place where the three victims of Macastre were seen alive, and it's also the same place where Antonio Anglés and Miguel Ricart the night they kidnapped The Alcàsser Girls for buy some take away.

Source: A book named '¿Qué pasó en Macastre?' written by two criminologist from Valencia, Spain, just Amós Vanacloig and Felix Ríos.


The disappearance of Virgina Guerrero (15-years-old) and Manuela Torres (16-years-old).
Date: April 1992.
Current status: Unsolved.

Today I will show you the disappearance of two tennage girls who disappeared without a trace in Reinosa at northwestern Spain while returning home after partying on a public holiday.

Apparently, on 23th April 1992 at 18:30, they went from their hometown Aguilar del Campóo to Reinosa (somewhat 20 kilometres away north) by train, and they tried to came back home at 9:30 PM by hitchhiking. In fact, they asked a friend to go there with their intention to return by hitchhiking later at the evening, but she refused remained at home as she was afraid of hitchhiking, so finally Virgina Guerrero and Manuela Bougeffa took a train to Reinosa, just to partying in a nightclub named 'Discoteca Cocos'.
According to some friends, it was known that Virginia and Manuela often used to partying to Reinosa without receiving permission from their own fathers.

Then, at 9:30 PM, the two teenage girls left the nightclub and then headed the main street of Reinosa pointing south to hitchhike. There was a eyewitness, just a woman from Aguilar del Campóo who was driving her own car, and she said how she had seen that the two teenage girls entered a white Seat 127 car in the main street of Reinosa that points the southern exit toward Aguilar de Campóo.
From that day on, nothing is known about their whereabouts.

On 9th October 1994, four hikers found two sacks containing two skulls and some bones while walking nearby Requejada reservoir, which is located not so far away from Aguilar de Campoo.
The skulls and the bones were sent for some comprehensive analysis, so all the findings were dated back to the Spanish Civil War (1936-1939).

On 4th January 2018, a jaw bone belonging to a young woman (who died about 25 years ago) was found in the shore of the Ebro reservoir near Yuso, about 25 kilometres northeast of Aguilar de Campóo, but further DNA test showed that it didn't match neither Virginia nor Manuela. In fact, it didn't match with the profiles of other missing people either.


The disappearance of Gloria Martinez (17-years-old).
Date: October 1992.
Current status: Unsolved.

Let's go with Gloria Martínez's case which happened back on 29th October 1992 in Alfaz del Pi (Alicante province in southeastern Spain).

That girl had lot of insomnia problems and some anorexia symptoms too. So, on 29th October 1992, her father took her to a mental hospital centre named "Clínica Torres de San Luis", located in Alfaz del Pi. The father was previously recquired by the psychiatrist to allowed his daughter to stay at the mental health, otherwise she might refuse to care Gloria Martínez anymore. So, finally Gloria Martínez was hospitalized there.
Thus, her father had an argument with the psychiatrist because of the given medication his daughter had received.

On 29th October 1992 at 14:00 pm, just one hour later since she was hospitalized there, the psychiatrist ordered to strap Gloria Martínez, then she ordered to provide her such a cocktail of medical drugs, just Largactil, Sinogán and Haloperidol.

The same cocktail was provided to her again at 19:15. Then, at 1:30, Gloria Martínez woke up and claimed to be free for a while to go to the toilet, so the nurses ignored her and provided her few more medical drugs to calm her down. Eventually, the girl was undo and, according to what the nurses said later, Gloria Martínez got angry and pushed away a nurse, then she jumped out the window and ran up to the boundary wall - which measured more than two metres tall -, she climbed, and finally she was never heard nor seen since.

It was know that the staff of the mental centre didn't rang her parents until 8:00, so they did nothing from more that six heures since Gloria vanished.
The next morning, when the police arrived with her fathers to check how Gloria disappeared, they weren't able to find any single trace of Gloria Martínez, nor even footprints nor any other evidence of the alleged jumping by the boundary wall.

On 10th December 2008, just 16 years later, the legal court sentenced to the psychiatrist to pay 104,261 € as a fine to Gloria Martínez's parents.

Then, on July 1999, just seven years later to Gloria Martínez's disappearance, an anonymous letter was received on the office of the lawyer named Antonio Martínez, the one who seisez Gloria Martínez 's case. The letter was written by an anonymous woman who lived in a town called Tibi, located just 65 km away west to Alfaz del Pi. The letter says that few hours later to the disappearance of Gloria Martínez, the woman saw how Gloria Martínez left the neighbour house where a nurse lived together with another woman. So, the letter goes on to say that Gloria Martinez was walking in poor conditions by being near unconcious when she left accompanied by both the nurse and the other woman, and that those two women told her they were going to take her at the hospital.
Then the woman who wrote the anonymous letter did apologise for remain silent all those seven years. She said she kept it very secret by following the order of her husband, who said it would be better not to care about other people's business.

Thus, that anonymous woman sent the same letter to the parents of Gloria Martínez, although they kept silent for it as they told they didn't want to not hinder the investigation itself.
That lead was investigated to not avail, though.

Sources in Spanish language:
Gloria Martínez Ruiz.
Una testigo dice que vio cómo sacaban a Gloria Martínez de una casa de Tibi tras su desaparición


The disappearance of Malén Ortiz.
Date: December 2013.
Current status: Unsolved.

On 2nd December 2013, Malén Ortiz, 15-years-old, vanished without a trace in Mallorca island, whilst she was skating from Magaluf to Son Ferrer to see his boyfriend.

That day she took a bus from Calvia (where her secondary school is located for) to Magaluf. Then, she rang his father to advised him that she wanted to spend the evening with the boyfriend, but wasn't able to communicate, so she left a message to one employee of his father's company instead just for sharing her intended plans for that evening out there. At 15:30, a CCTV camera spotted Malén Ortiz skateboarding with a green skate whilst going in the right direction toward Son Ferrer, but unfortunately the next CCTV, located just quite a few metres ahead, didn't spotted her, so she only was able to ride 300 metres or so. As the street where she was skating along was almost empty with only two houses, an isolated company and much of rustic plots, no one heard nor seen her there.

On 11st August 2015, the Civil Guard launched an investigation to clarify the death of a man found at 19:15 next to a warehouse in Felanitx. A man riding a bike discovered the body located outside of a previously burned van.
The burned corpse had a large knife stuck in chest, and it was stated later that he was the owner of the van, just a 42-year-old Italian named Massimiliano Rossi.
Few hours before dying, Massimiliano Rossi sent a frantic message to his mother Daniele Faldani: 'I was told about what happened to the girl who disappeared in Magaluf two years ago ... There is a satanic cult established here in Mallorca island and I know the right place where a black mass ceremony was performed against such girl. If I eventually die ... then you know why ... '

Daniele Faldani never believed that the Civil Guard ruled it out as a suicide, but thar her son was murdered. On 28th October 2015, Danielle Faldani went to a Italian program of the RAI television about missing people just for the sake of justice, but to not avail as both Malen Ortiz's disappearance and the murder of Massimiliano Rossi became cold cases up to this day.


Bill M

The Murricane
I believe there was a more famous murder...



The disappearance and murder of Marta del Castillo, a 17-years-old woman from Sevilla.
Date: January 2009.
Current status: Nearly solved.

Here we go with Marta del Castillo's case, one of the most controversial cases in Spain in the last 12 years.

On 24th January 2009, a young woman from Sevilla, southwestern Spain, disappeared as she gathered with her friends.

On 14th February 2009, the police arrested his friend Miguel Carcaño (19-years-old), who claimed himself as a culprit. Shortly after, there were also arrested Samuel Benítez (19-years-old) as an accomplice. Miguel Carcaño told that he killed Marta del Castillo after a heavy argument by kicking her with an ashtray, and that he, being helped by some friends, dumped the corpse in the Guadalquivir river nearby the railway bridge that links Sevilla with the city of Huelva.

On 16th February 2009, the police arrested other friends of Marta del Castillo, just Javier García (a 15-years-old boy nicknamed as 'El Cuco') and Francisco Delgado (a 4o-years-old stepbrother of Miguel Carcaño). That day, the judge stated that Miguel Carcaño and Samuel Benítez must be jailed without bail.

On 21st February 2009, the police spreaded the likely timeline of events:
On 24th January 2009 at 18:30, Marta del Castillo joined Miguel Carcaño for a ride through Sevilla, and then he took her to his house located in the street León XIII. Then, at anytime between 20:30 to 22:00, a heavy argument took place and Miguel Carcaño kicked Marta del Castillo by a hard blow with an ashtray that caused her death.
Then, Miguel Carcaño rang Samuel Benítez, so he and 'El Cuco' arrived by using the car owned by the mother of 'El Cuco'. Apparently, Francisco Delgado (stepbrother of Miguel Carcaño) was also inside the house when Marta del Castillo was killed. Then, Miguel Carcaño, Samuel Benítez and 'El Cuco' wrapped Marta del Castillo with a blanket and moved her by using a wheelchair from the house to the street where 'El Cuco' parked the car owned by his mother. In fact, there was a eyewitness, just a neighbour who saw two hooded blokes moving a wheelchair with something hidden by a blanket, and it happened on 25th January at 2:00.
Then, 'El Cuco' and Samuel drove the car to the river Guadalquivir whereas Miguel Carcaño followed them by riding his own motorcycle, and finally all of them dumped Marta del Castillo's corpse to the river nearby the railway bridge. In the meantime, the stepbrother of Miguel Carcaño stayed at home cleaning all the blood, but still the police was able to find some small blood drops inside the the single room of Miguel Carcaño. Thus, it was known that María García, (girlfriend of the stepbrother) stayed there in the house all day long studying, so she was investigated as she likely covered up the crime, but to not avail.
The police was able to find DNA traces of Marta del Castillo in the rear passenger seats of his mother car and some traces of blanket fibers as well.

As time passed by, Miguel Carcaño started to change his previous statements, so he revealed several different places where they had dumped the corpse of Marta , such as a rubbish bin, an open ground in the nearby town of Camas, somewhere between the towns of Camas and Valencinas, in the country state of Majaloba and in the country state of Charco de La Pava, being all of them inconclusives as no human traces of the corpse of Marta were found.

Miguel Carcaño also told on 1st February 2011 that Samuel Benítez and 'El Cuco' were the ones who dumped the corpse at a unknown location he was not aware of, whereas he stayed cleaning at home.
On 29th December 2011, Miguel Carcaño claimed himself as the one who killed Marta, but that he doesn't know where the corpse was dumped for, whereas all the other accomplices have been continuing to blame to one another with lot of contradictions which make the whole investigation go down to a blind alley.
On 29th April 2013, Miguel Carcaño told that his stepbrother killed Marta by blowing her with the butt of a gun, but the judge didn't believed so as his stepbrother was not arrested.

So, as for today, the corpse of Marta del Castillo has not been found yet.
Source: El drama de Marta del Castillo, paso a paso: cronología de la desaparición de la joven sevillana

Users who are viewing this thread