The woman who mistook her husband for a bear. (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Götterdämmerung

Well Known Member
American Mark Harshbarger, on a hunting trip to Newfoundland Canada, was shot by his wife Mary Beth Harshbarger who claimed she thought she was shooting at a black bear. He and a guide had entered the bush to hoping to flush out a bear. He emerged alone at dusk, ahead of his guide, wearing dark clothing without a orange hunting vest or hat. Mary Beth said that she had only seen a 'dark form' and fired.
After an 18 month investigation she was charged with Criminal Negligence causing Death and extradited to Canada to face trial. Two re-inactments by the RCMP showed that in the dim light (8pm mid-Sept, well after sunset) at 60 yards, all that could be seen through her scope was a black mass. Although several witnesses had said it was too late at night to be firing a rifle, the judge concluded the Crown had failed to prove she acted without concern for the safety of others and dismissed all charges.
The Canadian courts have considered the matter closed, appeals only granted in the case of error of law. Mark Harshbarger's family has insisted the shooting was deliberate and planned. Mary Beth collected over half a million in insurance and almost immediately entered into a relationship with Barry Harshbarger, Mark's brother, who moved into the couples home with Mary Beth's and Mark's two children. Barry soon sought to leave the situation as he feared for his life, claiming she was unstable and violent, allegedly pointing a rifle at him.

Mary Beth Harshbargerebba_Gallery.jpeg
Mary Beth Harshbarger8143682_Gallery.jpeg

hoze123

its boring , entertain me
American Mark Harshbarger, on a hunting trip to Newfoundland Canada, was shot by his wife Mary Beth Harshbarger who claimed she thought she was shooting at a black bear. He and a guide had entered the bush to hoping to flush out a bear. He emerged alone at dusk, ahead of his guide, wearing dark clothing without a orange hunting vest or hat. Mary Beth said that she had only seen a 'dark form' and fired.
After an 18 month investigation she was charged with Criminal Negligence causing Death and extradited to Canada to face trial. Two re-inactments by the RCMP showed that in the dim light (8pm mid-Sept, well after sunset) at 60 yards, all that could be seen through her scope was a black mass. Although several witnesses had said it was too late at night to be firing a rifle, the judge concluded the Crown had failed to prove she acted without concern for the safety of others and dismissed all charges.
The Canadian courts have considered the matter closed, appeals only granted in the case of error of law. Mark Harshbarger's family has insisted the shooting was deliberate and planned. Mary Beth collected over half a million in insurance and almost immediately entered into a relationship with Barry Harshbarger, Mark's brother, who moved into the couples home with Mary Beth's and Mark's two children. Barry soon sought to leave the situation as he feared for his life, claiming she was unstable and violent, allegedly pointing a rifle at him.

View attachment 585862View attachment 585863P
Time to Go hunting with someone I don't like

Tattooedmaniac

Why so serious? The Devil ate my bannana
That is the biggest load of bullshit I have ever heard if her husband was the first one out followed closely by the guide then surely she would have shot both parties. Thought there were 2 bears fucking aye judging she got a good chunk of change out of the old man a scope at 60 yards and your telling me she just saw a black mass so you could not see the white of his face or surely he would have been talking as he had someone with him. She needs banging up evil bitch

Back