tombstone weirdness

treeghost

winter sucks
Meet lovebirds John and Elizabeth Davis :) all 11 of them.

When Elizabeth died, John decided to jazz up the gravesite a little. He had the regular boring old headstone removed and started going at it...this is what it ended up like.

It's closed in, that inset is what the urns say on the corners.

Here's Johnnyboy and Lizbet when they were younger

oh, how cute-she's playing hard to get at the diner tee hee.
Behind them are 2 Elizabeths, creepy.

The two Lizzys are facing 2 Johns across the room.

They seem to be a bit older than the age in the first photo. His left hand was diseased and amputated by this time yech. They are seated to the right of the vacant chair.

And finally poor John is left behind BUT

Her angel is crying over his grave and his over hers. Someone stole his head EH.

Prolly some disgruntled townsfolk. The small town in Kansas they lived in was PISSED when he built this bizarro 'memorial' during the Great Depression.
They wanted hm to underwrite a hospital and had the nerve to tell him that... AND a swimming pool!
But he kept on spending his money the way HE wanted to and too fukken bad.
Ernie Pyle, the famous roving American reporter (seen dead here in WWII after roving right into enemy fire)

interviewed John in the late 30s. He told Pyle he was unmoved by the community's appeals.
"They hate me," Davis said.
Old man Davis died in 1947.

treeghost

winter sucks
Now this one...a grief stricken mother had glass plates inserted onto the casket before burial so she could look in at her small daughter's face.
She then had this shaft dug and could go down and see her whenever she missed her.

Well, I'm not sure how great that went over since bodies have this tendency to rot...eventually the hole was filled in with cement because -guess why- the usual vandals had to be fucking it up.

treeghost

winter sucks
You know, the Davises look like stone cold manniquins - they aren't portrayed showing any affection or even looking at each other.
They died childless. LOL in the one photo she has her hand over her puddy and he looks like he resigned himself to the fact he was married to an ice queen all his life.
One rumor was that since they married against her families wishes, he was just gonna blow the money so her heirs got nothing.

KG

stalking
You know, the Davises look like stone cold manniquins - they aren't portrayed showing any affection or even looking at each other.
They died childless. LOL in the one photo she has her hand over her puddy and he looks like he resigned himself to the fact he was married to an ice queen all his life.
One rumor was that since they married against her families wishes, he was just gonna blow the money so her heirs got nothing.

Can't say that I blame him. I'd spent every dime if I didn't have any children.