Transgender woman jumps from George Washington Bridge after facing ‘constant transphobia’ online (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

holyblacksun

against the dying light.
This user was banned
Rachel Bryk, a 23-year-old transgender woman, jumped from the George Washington Bridge Thursday.

A young transgender woman from New Jersey leaped to her death from the George Washington Bridge Thursday as two off-duty cops begged her not to take her life.
"Don't do it! Don't jump!" one policewoman yelled as Rachel Bryk's jumped, leaving behind her shoes, her purse and her ID, a source familiar with the incident told the Daily News.
The 23-year-old, a popular developer for game emulator Dolphin, faced “constant transphobia” and brutal bullying online, she wrote before her suicide.
Police have not recovered Bryk’s body. Teams spotted her corpse floating in the river during their initial search, but it sunk below the water before rescue teams could recover it.

A previously scheduled tweet announcing her suicide appeared on her Twitter account hours later.

Eight hours after the Thursday afternoon jump, a scheduled tweet appeared on Bryk’s Twitter account: “Guess I am dead. Killed myself. Sorry.”
Weeks before she leapt into the Hudson River, Bryk wrote about the “constant transphobia” she faced online. She left message board 4Chan because of the continual torment, she wrote on April 7 during a brief return to the anonymous website.
“The rest of you don't have to worry though, i'm gonna kill myself soon enough and you won't have to be bothered by me anymore,” she wrote after pointing out the brutality.:crybaby:

Bryk's body has not been recovered, but officers found her ID in her purse left on the bridge, sources said.

That comment spurred only more hatred.
“DO IT, if you're such a weak willed thin skinned dips--t then f--king do it,” one user commented. :lol:

Bryk committed suicide a day before Bruce Jenner revealed that he is transgender and transitioning, an announcement hailed as a landmark in transgender awareness and acceptance.
Bryk’s mom said her daughter’s suicide was likely “a combination of everything,” including years of chronic pain from rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia. Those conditions made it difficult for her to keep a job or regular schedule, Lisa Bryk told Gay Star
News.
“While Rachel was certainly bullied and harassed online, that was NOT the reason she committed suicide,” Lisa Bryk wrote on Facebook. “From her own words in many things I read, her illness and chronic pain were the reason.”
Bryk was the 10th most active developer on Dolphin, a gaming software that allows users to play Nintendo Wii and GameCube games on their computers.
“She often would do a lot of the drudge work that no one else would do and attempt features that no one else had time to work on,” Dolphin said in a commemorative statement, which described her as “one of the most helpful developers we've ever had.”

source

DR.highD

Fresh Meat
yeah, 4chan is a good place to go to restore your faith in humanity... if i was gonna kill myself i wouldn't arrange a tweet to go out... obviously her/his head was fucked up but really shows her/his priorities... gotta be comfortable in your own skin in this world, do what you enjoy be happy and fuck the cunts... some people can't hack the hate yet they feed trolls and worry about their fuckin posthumous tweets. as i get older i realise most of us humans are fuckin worthless.

zinfandel

The hair-flip of death
If you feed the /b/tards without being anonymous and behind 7 proxies you almost deserve it.
yeah, 4chan is a good place to go to restore your faith in humanity...

I once went to 4chan...briefly. The tardery there was too much even for me. I had to beat a hasty retreat. Who in their right mind--and obviously this person wasn't--would A) let anyone there know that they're a tran and B) take their crap seriously? The collective wit in that place would fit neatly on a rat turd. I find myself actually hoping it really WAS the physical pain that drove her to jump.

PowerDrill

Recovering Lurker
Sad but seriously, spending your time on communities like 4chan is fucking stupid especially when you're a tranny.

McM

ARSELING

DeathTroll kl.jpg

Equal Hater

Unbannable by decree!
Unfortunately the victim wasn't Obnoxious Bitch. Btw has any old timers seen any of his/her posts anywhere in the web? I have not spent much time online in quite some time but have not heard anything about OB since the puddle fucker bought the farm...

D.O.A.

We are Kings
Unfortunately the victim wasn't Obnoxious Bitch. Btw has any old timers seen any of his/her posts anywhere in the web? I have not spent much time online in quite some time but have not heard anything about OB since the puddle fucker bought the farm...
OB was flaglerchat, that demented clown shoe ran a stable of alt accounts.

After being humiliated yet again and running low on funds, Mannix went back to Topix to slam Marc Bernier. He also started a blog about Bernier, posted his dox and accused him of having a gay husband that "Beats him like a rented mule".

No longer able to sue in his state and realizing the ramifications of harassing radio announcers, Mannix went to the only place he could: the internet. While writing his gay blog that no one read he came to the realization that online, although it would be harder to sue people, it would also be harder for them to get rid of/sue him. Enlightened as a 13 year-old /b/tard, this grown-ass man decided to become an internet troll.

This is where Patrick Mannix decided to be more careful about hiding his identity and split his lust for doxing people and his natural personality into 2 distinct characters. The first, Flaglerchat, acts as a 15 year old boy who posts nonsensical strings of personal information in bold, colorful, AltERnaTINg CApS while claiming he cannot be banned, using the 1337 power of free email accounts and free proxies that he thinks makes him some sort of computer hacker. This fulfills Pat's desire to be young again and gives him the false impression that he has not wasted his life. His second alternate identity is a 35 year old transvestite named Obnoxious Bitch, fulfilling his desire to be a woman. He often claims that Flaglerchat and Obnoxious Bitch are two unrelated people who people are trying to confuse with one another, but the fact that they both go to the same forums, mention each other and wherever you find Flaglerchat's Email address posted you are sure to find OB's as well just goes to prove pat is a retard who doesn't know how to cover his tracks.

Now, instead of annoying the Washington County Board of Supervisors, Mannix channels his rage to message board owners through Obnoxious Bitch. OB is the champion of Patrick's right to post peoples personal information, and his own #1 fan. This means he does online exactly what he does 100% IRL: Chronic masturbation.

https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Flaglerchat

tero

GOREBABY
'"Don't do it! Don't jump!" one policewoman yelled....'

At least someone had once spoke to her/him in real life...:facepalm:
MCM THAT WAS GREAT the truth be known rip to a fellow new Yorker(WHOOPS JERSEY)...

Back