Tsunami warning follows major quake in Mexico (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

frederykruysch

tropical darks
A 7.7-magnitude earthquake off the southwestern coast of Mexico in Michoacan state on Monday has prompted tsunami warnings and caused at least one death, according to Mexican President Andrés Manuel López Obrador.

The powerful earthquake's epicenter occurred in a sparsely populated region of Michoacan state, very near the coastline. In nearby Colima, around 100km from epicenter, very strong shaking capable of "moderate" damage was reported, per USGS data.

In Mexico City, roughly 500 km away, "light to moderate" shaking was reported, which is capable of "very light" damage, especially to vulnerable structures. There are no known casualties or damage yet recorded in Mexico City, according to the city's mayor, Claudia Sheinbaum.
Local news channels reported that firefighters closed some buildings in Mexico City to the public due to concerns of collapse.

One person lost his life in a shopping center in Manzanillo in the western state of Colima after a fence fell, President López Obrador said on social media, citing José Rafael Ojeda Durán, Secretary of the Navy.

Mexico's Civil Protection Coordinator Laura Velazquez also confirmed the death in a press conference on Monday afternoon.

The quake's magnitude was initially reported by the US Geological Survey (USGS) as 7.6. Mexico's national seismological agency later updated the magnitude to 7.7 in a press conference on Monday.

According to USGS, the quake struck about 37 kilometers south east of the city of Aquila, with a depth of about 15.1 kilometers.

Immediately after the quake, the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center said that waves reaching up to 3 meters could hit Mexico. Initial tsunami waves have likely already occurred in coastal locations such as Manzanillo and Acapulco, and could strike tourist hotspot Puerto Vallarta as well.

Tsunami waves less than 0.3 meters could also occur along the Pacific coasts of Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama and Peru, according to the organization.

The news came on the fifth anniversary of the 2017 earthquake that killed 216 people in Mexico City.

The epicenter of that 7.1-magnitude earthquake was 2.8 miles (4.5 kilometers) east-northeast of San Juan Raboso and 34.1 miles (55 km) south-southwest of the city of Puebla, in Puebla state, the USGS reported at the time

If I was there, I would be so far away from the sea.

Last edited:

92.eth

CFO Slime Capital LLC - The Wolf of Gore Street
Hope Chicago will be ok

tsunchi.jpg

Vwj

NewbieX
I'd love to feel the power of an earthquake! But not if a building collapses on me. Or the tsunami coming!
Strange feeling, noise is so loud can’t hear yourself think, I tried running down a corridor and got smashed from one wall to another, then there’s hours waiting for all the aftershocks, I got to the point where I said fuck it and watched the people running around scared shitless while having a drink with my feet up 😂

McM

ARSELING
Mother nature having a beer fart. Been a few e/quakes around the world at the moment, the loony-tunes will be blaming 'climate change'. Seriously though, the world is a giant egg & when it cracks open Dragons will fly out & terrorize the Universe!

And in Japan, it's a bit 'windy' at the moment.

SPHINCTERPUNCH

THE SPHINCTER PUNCHER!
There's a fucking tsunami of illegal Mexicans coming across the border of the US. If a tsunami from the ocean wipes that whole country into the sea, I'd be so happy.
"Wipe-em Out/Wipe-em Out"
"Take the Fkn Greasepots Out"
Drown the Stinky Mfkrs!!!
Lmao,🤣🤣🤣...SP

H82Go8675309

𝐉𝐫
Mother nature having a beer fart. Been a few e/quakes around the world at the moment, the loony-tunes will be blaming 'climate change'. Seriously though, the world is a giant egg & when it cracks open Dragons will fly out & terrorize the Universe!
You didn't even mention fracking or DARPA, HARPA, or NSF funded secret stuffs. Lame. 😒

Was Shingling a Roof about 10 yrs ago and the house started to rock and sway.... odd feeling it was. We have a fault line thats runs through lake Ontario, not crazy active.... but she moves

Back