U.S. govt steals 80 mil worth of gold coins from family (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

mrln

silent ghost
yes,in my eyes it was stolen. it was in the family for a generation and now the govt claims its theirs. cant they just keep their fucking hands out of other peoples shit? our government sucks ass, really and fucking truley they do. greedy bunch of motherfuckers. gimmegimmegimmegimmegimme!! keep taking from the people you usless pieces of shit!
tell me this isnt a bunch of fucking bullshit!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/06/family-loses-lawsuit-gold-coins-belongs-to-uncle-sam_n_1862151.html?icid=maing-grid7|main5|dl2|sec1_lnk1&pLid=202636

The family of Philadelphia coin dealer Israel Switt hoped to cash in on the $80 million fortune they discovered when they drilled open a safety deposit box that had belonged to their father, uncovering 10 rare gold coins. But a judge ruled Wednesday that the coins belong to Uncle Sam.
According to Courthouse News Service, the 1933 Saint-Gaudens double eagle coins are "one of the most sought-after rarities in history," one of which was owned by King Farouk of Egypt and ultimately fetched some $7.5 million at a Sotheby's auction in 2002.

b2ux

Banned
This user was banned
STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU EVEN REPORT IT FOOLS .....IF I FOUND SOMEHITNG LIKE THAT OFF TO THE BLACK MARKET I WOULD GO TAXES MY ASS SWISS BANK ACCOUNT AND BLACK MARKET THE COINS.... REPORT THEM YOUR A DUMBASS AND WELL THIS IS WHAT THEY GOT FOR IT .....

aRyan

TRUMP or BUST
Well honestly, if you read the whole article.. It seems like Mr. Israel stole the coins in the first place.

"The Mint meticulously tracked the '33 Double Eagles, and the records show that no such transaction occurred," Davis wrote. "What's more, this absence of a paper trail speaks to criminal intent. If whoever took or exchanged the coins thought he was doing no wrong, we would expect to see some sort of documentation reflecting the transaction, especially considering how carefully and methodically the Mint accounted for the '33 Double Eagles. The jury saw no record of a legitimate '33 Double Eagle release, and from this lack of documentation one may reasonably infer that the responsible party appropriated the coins in secret, knowing full well the wrongfulness and illegality of his actions.

Back