Serious US To Convert Pacific Oil Rigs Into Military Bases (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Clam

Forum Veteran

US To Convert Pacific Oil Rigs Into Military Bases​

04-25-2024, 10:01 AM

US To Convert Pacific Oil Rigs Into Military Bases
picture-5.jpg
BY TYLER DURDEN
WEDNESDAY, APR 24, 2024 - 08:10 PM
Authored by Dave DeCamp via AntiWar.com,
The US Navy will convert surplus oil rigs in the western Pacific into mobile military bases as part of the US military buildup aimed at China, The Defense Post reported on Tuesday.
The naval engineering firm Gibbs & Cox developed the concept, known as the Mobile Defense/Depot Platform (MODEP), and presented it earlier this month at the Sea Air Space Expo. The idea is to convert oil rigs into mobile missile defense and resupply bases.

rigmil.jpg
Illustrative image, via Marine Insight
"Our target here is to find a solution to help the challenging problem of having capacity issues in the Western Pacific. For not enough cells, not enough missiles, not enough of being able to keep those ships in the forward station," Dave Zook, an architect at Gibbs & Cox, told Naval News.
Gibbs & Cox claims that the floating bases would be able to hold 512 vertical launch system cells or 100 large missile launchers, which is five times the capacity of a US Navy destroyer.
The idea is to counter China’s ballistic missiles that could take out US warships and bases in the region in the event of an open war.
US military officials have been explicit about the fact that they’re preparing for a direct war with China in the region despite the obvious risk of the conflict quickly turning nuclear. The US has been expanding its military footprint in the Philippines and in Pacific island nations to give China more targets that it will have to hit.
Gen. Kenneth Wilsbach, the former head of US Pacific Air Forces who is now the commander of Air Combat Command, made this clear in comments to Nikkei Asia last year.
largestoilrig.jpg
The largest oil rig in the world - the Pacific Berkut, via Pinterest
"Obviously, we would like to disperse in as many places as we can to make the targeting problem for the Chinese as difficult as possible," Wilsbach said. "A lot of those runways where we would operate from are in the Pacific Island nations."

mrln

silent ghost
now why in the FUCK would you announce this? its a sitting target as it is,just it being what it is! why would yo say anything? fucking people are stupid. this should be something done on the "hush". almost like a surprise attack of some sort. you want to be unnoticeable. as it is,it sticks out like a sore thumb in the middle of no where. ya think you'd want to be incognito about this. because sooner or later it would be found out,but let it be later after the last missile is fired from it. its an oil rig. keep it looking as such. fucking people have big mouths and advertise everyfuckingthing. its a good idea. but dont publicly praise yourself for it! fucking retards....
i wouldnt want to be the one deployed to go there now,knowing that kind of info is out there for the enemy. its a definite target and youd better have your life ins paid up and will written out.
fucking idiots with big mouths...

mrln

silent ghost
So they are getting ready for beef with China? Why in fucks name do these trade deals with them then?

Chinks
govt is always getting ready to have beef with china,but then get on their knees for them at the same time too. and also bow down to china. talk all kinds of shit,but then keep doing business with them. the govt is the one to blame for this whole mess. theyre the ones who sold us out and who sold the u.s. to china. but yet we owe china about 860 billion dollars. why is that? oh thats right,the govt! china owns about almost 400 thousand acres here. and its mostly farm land.

SJW-Snowflake❄️

From the Land Down Under 🇦🇺
Well, the chinks are getting very belligerent about the South China Sea and Taiwan and other places that don't belong to them and are rapidly building up their naval forces. They also made that Winnie The Pooh looking prick their leader for life recently, so they're edging closer towards an authoritarian dictatorship more then the communist system they had for years. Why can't they just be happy getting filthy rich making every fucking thing we use everyday?

images (2) (8).jpeg

Last edited:

Mr-Smokey

Forum Veteran
now why in the FUCK would you announce this? its a sitting target as it is,just it being what it is! why would yo say anything? fucking people are stupid. this should be something done on the "hush". almost like a surprise attack of some sort. you want to be unnoticeable. as it is,it sticks out like a sore thumb in the middle of no where. ya think you'd want to be incognito about this. because sooner or later it would be found out,but let it be later after the last missile is fired from it. its an oil rig. keep it looking as such. fucking people have big mouths and advertise everyfuckingthing. its a good idea. but dont publicly praise yourself for it! fucking retards....
i wouldnt want to be the one deployed to go there now,knowing that kind of info is out there for the enemy. its a definite target and youd better have your life ins paid up and will written out.

ThunderCat

Forum Veteran
I know right. No1 can keep secrets. Usa should have done this on the sly. So much is talked about in my country on the news too and I'm sat there when i read it thinking Why the fuck would they announce these things to the whole world. Because it is in a way. Word spreads from country to country. Ffs....
Not logical at all...

Cool, I picture something out of a Mad Max movie with guns everywhere and dudes driving around on beefed up jet-ski's going pew pew pew! with some dude attached to a big piece of metal rocking a guitar. I will be sorely disappointed if that's not the case, sorely I tell ya!

snagahbag

It is what it is, so I hear
well considering china is having a economic problem with their youth not working, i believe we won’t have to worry about anything for awhile now. atleast i hope not cuz who knows :shrug:

hey buddy, do me a favor and stfu yapping. i mean seriously, War is chess not checkers and im sure whatever the USA has up their sleeve would fool the fuck out of u. which also means thank god ur not a leader of anything except that keyboard ur tapping on fucking retard baby.

SJW-Snowflake❄️

From the Land Down Under 🇦🇺
well considering china is having a economic problem with their youth not working, i believe we won’t have to worry about anything for awhile now. atleast i hope not cuz who knows :shrug:

hey buddy, do me a favor and stfu yapping. i mean seriously, War is chess not checkers and im sure whatever the USA has up their sleeve would fool the fuck out of u. which also means thank god ur not a leader of anything except that keyboard ur tapping on fucking retard baby.
Oi, suck my cock you fucking cunt.

mrln

silent ghost

oooo mr fbi agent here..... :rolleyes: 🖕

snagahbag

Oi, suck my cock you fucking cunt.
figures that’s what would be on ur faggot ass mind.

oooo mr fbi agent here..... :rolleyes: 🖕
and nah just pointing out the obvious. i mean you people been getting fooled for years so:rolleyes: let’s just tell everyone my secrets for the enemies to know🤣 i mean seriously use ur brain bozo, it’s an obvious pawn for something bigger idiot

mrln

silent ghost
figures that’s what would be on ur faggot ass mind.

and nah just pointing out the obvious. i mean you people been getting fooled for years so:rolleyes: let’s just tell everyone my secrets for the enemies to know🤣 i mean seriously use ur brain bozo, it’s an obvious pawn for something bigger idiot
sure. for war. antagonize those other countries to go to war. because thats what its all about anyway. war, you fucking retard.
dont be such a kevin. its obvious you seem to know what the "bigger" is,so enlighten us if your such a brainiac on the matter, since your so experienced over here and seem to know everything. dont be shy now.
i dont see it as so much for "something bigger". because its not being plastered all over the spectrum,like the eclipse was and scott key bridge was. because when that was all happening,Russia was parking their battle ships in the Red Sea.
you need to think the opposite. when the media makes such a big deal of things,the same thing,over and over... something is going on behind closed doors. this oil rig story here,is more of a "look what were gunna do and the crazy amount of money were going to waste converting this thing into a water view base"! i dont see anything other than a "look at me" moment. again. ask the avg citizen if they know about this. most would probably not. i dont think this is a diversion or smoke screen for anything. again,because not many know of this and the media isnt plastering it out there for people to be preoccupied about it,while uncle scam pulls some other slick shit,or china/russia does.
cheers to you, bozo. :beer:

snagahbag

sure. for war. antagonize those other countries to go to war. because thats what its all about anyway. war, you fucking retard.
dont be such a kevin. its obvious you seem to know what the "bigger" is,so enlighten us if your such a brainiac on the matter, since your so experienced over here and seem to know everything. dont be shy now.
i dont see it as so much for "something bigger". because its not being plastered all over the spectrum,like the eclipse was and scott key bridge was. because when that was all happening,Russia was parking their battle ships in the Red Sea.
you need to think the opposite. when the media makes such a big deal of things,the same thing,over and over... something is going on behind closed doors. this oil rig story here,is more of a "look what were gunna do and the crazy amount of money were going to waste converting this thing into a water view base"! i dont see anything other than a "look at me" moment. again. ask the avg citizen if they know about this. most would probably not. i dont think this is a diversion or smoke screen for anything. again,because not many know of this and the media isnt plastering it out there for people to be preoccupied about it,while uncle scam pulls some other slick shit,or china/russia does.
cheers to you, bozo. :beer:
i’m not reading ur book of yap, especially after the kevin insult? idk if it was supposed to be insult nor do i know wtf the fag shit means… but maybe use ur brain a little instead of word vomiting everywhere. think for urself, be a free thinker 💀💀

mrln

silent ghost
i’m not reading ur book of yap, especially after the kevin insult? idk if it was supposed to be insult nor do i know wtf the fag shit means… but maybe use ur brain a little instead of word vomiting everywhere. think for urself, be a free thinker 💀💀
oh shit! you want to sling around insults? calling me retard,bozo,fool retarded baby. but one sling back at you?
yea you seem fit the profile then.

Nathan Powell

Life doesn’t end. You just run out of road..
Good luck finding the money to build 500 VLS cells lmao. There was a snippet from a congressional hearing where some senator holds up a bag of bushings used in the aircraft. The bag must have weighed around 5lbs and it apparently cost the US government, $96K (I shit you not). For reference, the same bag of bushings is available on AliExpress for ¥16 or $2.2.
To answer one of the commenters question as to why make it public is imo to convince congress that this is a good idea so as to secure funding for the MIC. The loud mouth general will obviously get a secured senior position within the private contractor as soon as he retires.

snagahbag

oh shit! you want to sling around insults? calling me retard,bozo,fool retarded baby. but one sling back at you?
yea you seem fit the profile then.
i don’t mind shit talk, it’s just urs ain’t good shit talk my boay 💀💀

Back