Vancouver Aquarium rescued sea otter pup (1 Viewer)

Mr.P

THE BIG BADDY BOOTY DADDY
I personally know one of the ladies working for the marine mammal centre at Van Aquarium.... They rescued Joey back in August i beleive... He has been in their care for just over 2 months... Cute little guy hes doing well

Rabidface

Forum Veteran
Did anyone see the documentary about the seals getting killed and all had a corkscrew type cut up their bodies and after some research they realised it was a Greenland shark which are very rare and as they grab on with their teeth the seals twist to escape and at times there was several on the beach at once. Many over the space of a couple of years. Very gruesome and interesting. If I remember correctly it was shut down before a definite conclusion was found.

Mr.P

Did anyone see the documentary about the seals getting killed and all had a corkscrew type cut up their bodies and after some research they realised it was a Greenland shark which are very rare and as they grab on with their teeth the seals twist to escape and at times there was several on the beach at once. Many over the space of a couple of years. Very gruesome and interesting. If I remember correctly it was shut down before a definite conclusion was found.
If u find it let me know , I'd like to see this

Bill M

The Murricane
nope but sounds interesting

Have been watching otter videos on youtube and there's one with a river variety going after a snapping turtle. Furry little fucker is savage

Rabidface

Forum Veteran
nope but sounds interesting

Have been watching otter videos on youtube and there's one with a river variety going after a snapping turtle. Furry little fucker is savage

Them snapping turtles are a lot more aggressive with people. It seemed to just accept it's fate in that one. It didn't even try to turn round and bite the fucker!
Apparently years and years ago when we were sending big wooden sailing ships around the world, not sure which queen or king it was, but they'd go to all these tropical countries and bring stuff back to show off to the queen and they only ever took giant tortoise shells cos they tasted so good they kept eating them on the way home!

Bill M

The Murricane
Them snapping turtles are a lot more aggressive with people. It seemed to just accept it's fate in that one. It didn't even try to turn round and bite the fucker!
Apparently years and years ago when we were sending big wooden sailing ships around the world, not sure which queen or king it was, but they'd go to all these tropical countries and bring stuff back to show off to the queen and they only ever took giant tortoise shells cos they tasted so good they kept eating them on the way home!
Ya, just rolled over like a liberal.

I'm sure they ate a lot of what was intended for their royal masters. With sea turtles I can understand why, they're quite tasty especially when poached in a butter sauce.

Rabidface

Forum Veteran
Mystery on sable island
Shark Greenland : corkscrew killer
If you type stuff like that you'll find it I imagine. I just tried and failed for a while but that's what it was. I've gone a couple of month back in my history and can't find it.
Mysterious dead seals with corkscrew wounds on sable island. Something like that. Best I can do for now mate sorry

Mr.P

Here's when Joey met Kunik , his first interaction with another otter , as he had previously been in solo care since he was rescued

😻😻

Bill M

The Murricane
Its interesting that since there's no plans to release Joey back into the wild he's, like the other otters, get a lot of human interaction. While I realize it would be very unpractical they seem like they'd make cool pets. Better than that weird Flipper the Ricks family had, damn thing couldn't leave the water.

Users who are viewing this thread