War Vietnam pics (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Hookah-smoking-catapillar

Feed your head🐛
Step-dad was in Vietnam. I'm not joking when I say it fucked him up. He shakes constantly 😪
images.jpeg45690109_1111384109034951_5046643073094778880_n.jpg1111_vietnam01-1.jpgvietnam-ken-burns-galloway-08.jpg

Guipago

Forum Veteran
The 3rd pic is often misused as showing a South Viet officer murdering a civilian, the 'civilian' was a Viet Cong death squad member whose job during the tet holiday was to go to military officers families & murder them, the officer had just found out this guy had murdered a family member & his godchildren, so he dropped the cunt on the spot.

ZeroK

SCIENCE AVENGER
I heard the soldiers with the cameraman raising the flag from Iwo Jima were hiding like pussies the whole time according to a lot of WW2 vets
I’ve read several books on Iwo and the flag raising but never heard that one. The battle wasn’t over during the flag raising. Several of the flag raisers died days later

Vwj

NewbieX
Wasn’t the original flag, it was smaller and then replaced with this one, also identified four of the flag raisers incorrectly, was looked into a few years back, found to be different soldiers (one of them was found out in the 40’s just after the war), I think three died in the battle, not heard about them hiding tho, the japs were still in hiding from the battery attack when the flags went up,

Back