Vinyls (1 Viewer)

Does anyone else collect vinyls to any extent? I have had small collections on and off my entire life, but I just got a few boxes full of golden albums from my grand father. I'm happiest about the Creedence albums, and the first four Zeppelin albums. There's Jimi, Country Joe, Bob Dylan, The Stones, Grand Funk, MC5, you name it. I just need a new turntable, I'm looking into the /new age/ ones, I recently sold my old deck which decided it no longer wanted to run audio output. If you fancy this whatnot as well, any suggestions on a good deck? Yeah, I could google some reviews and shit but why the fuck not ask your opinions?

can i have the mc5 album and all other punk ones you don't even want?
Well now you're just being silly and assuming, I still want them; they just didn't make me as ecstatic as having the four original Zeppelin albums, and CCR's first two albums in my hands. MC5 though, they're fucking rad but I already had an MC5 album so it wasn't as big as a shock.

I have some old Metallica albums, and the Creeping death picture disc from 84 or so. My wife has a bunch of albums.
Been thinking of getting one of those USB turntables you just plug in and they play through the audio set up you already have.
Be a while before I get one now, but last time I looked at them they were fairly inexpensive.

That's what I was thinking about, I just want an massive old deck that resembles a massive table with the lifting lid? Have you ever seen one of those, I'm pretty sure all old as fuck people have one in their house. My grandpa wants a turntable that he can copy the records to his PC with though, which is a bit more expensive.

Edit: I just found a device made my ION audio that allows you to put music onto your PC through any turntable or tape deck.

That's what I was thinking about, I just want an massive old deck that resembles a massive table with the lifting lid? Have you ever seen one of those, I'm pretty sure all old as fuck people have one in their house. My grandpa wants a turntable that he can copy the records to his PC with though, which is a bit more expensive.

Edit: I just found a device made my ION audio that allows you to put music onto your PC through any turntable or tape deck.

Yeah, I've seen the ones that will convert the music to digital so you can just play it as an MP3 basically.
When I was a kid, my uncle had one of the huge players that the lid lifted on. Speakers were on the sides and it had these multicolor lights that would flash to the beat of the music, lol. Fuckin hi tech!!

Yeah, I've seen the ones that will convert the music to digital so you can just play it as an MP3 basically.
When I was a kid, my uncle had one of the huge players that the lid lifted on. Speakers were on the sides and it had these multicolor lights that would flash to the beat of the music, lol. Fuckin hi tech!!
Those tables are fucking loud too man.
So far I've found vinyl to CD, vinyl to USB, and vinyl to SD. I'm thinking about trying to get one of those old monster tables though with refurnished speakers, and the accessory that'll allow me to just transfer the LP's he wants to his laptop.

I usually use Tiger Direct for my new electronic purchases, just cause they usually have the best prices, fast shipping and are good about standing behind what you buy.
You could check them. New Egg would be another place to check. Either will beat Best Buys prices by a long shot, at least that's been my experience.

I got fucking heaps of records, picture discs, ep's, double's gatefold singles and the ones that were rare then well I guess they are worth all that much more now.

I guess the one worth the most would be the Led Zep ep from the 60's in mint nick. It has one track on it that never got re-released until the 90's i think. I still buy the odd one. Another good one is a Motorhead Limited Edition that the first thousand was released in a leather cover for the first 1000 "yeah baby leather"

I usually use Tiger Direct for my new electronic purchases, just cause they usually have the best prices, fast shipping and are good about standing behind what you buy.
You could check them. New Egg would be another place to check. Either will beat Best Buys prices by a long shot, at least that's been my experience.
lololol, fuck Best Buy. To find the table I'd have to go through local people, maybe antique shops. For the turntables I've been looking at ION audio's online shop because I'm not sure if they sell through any 3rd party retailers. I too though agree with Tiger Direct and NewEgg for any electronic purchases.

I got fucking heaps of records, picture discs, ep's, double's gatefold singles and the ones that were rare then well I guess they are worth all that much more now.

I guess the one worth the most would be the Led Zep ep from the 60's in mint nick. It has one track on it that never got re-released until the 90's i think. I still buy the odd one. Another good one is a Motorhead Limited Edition that the first thousand was released in a leather cover for the first 1000 "yeah baby leather"
Want to share? thatsnice lol

lololol, fuck Best Buy. To find the table I'd have to go through local people, maybe antique shops. For the turntables I've been looking at ION audio's online shop because I'm not sure if they sell through any 3rd party retailers. I too though agree with Tiger Direct and NewEgg for any electronic purchases.

Yup. This one will play them and convert them so the can go on his laptop.http://www.ionaudio.com/products/details/profile-lp.

As far as one of the older cabinets with the loud ass speakers, yeah I'd guess a yard sale or antique shop like you said.

I would just plug it in to my setup on my PC, would be plenty loud. My speakers with my PC are louder than my JVC home system.
I don't know what kind of setup you have though.
I have my PC running into my stereo/surround sound system since I just use my PC as my TV and whatnot anyways it all just runs into there. I wasn't sure about the compatibility with one of those small turntables and outside speaker set ups. I mean you can get one for 50 dollars used, so I guess it isn't really a big investment right?

I have my PC running into my stereo/surround sound system since I just use my PC as my TV and whatnot anyways it all just runs into there. I wasn't sure about the compatibility with one of those small turntables and outside speaker set ups. I mean you can get one for 50 dollars used, so I guess it isn't really a big investment right?

I would think it would plug right up, but I didn't look real hard at the specs. At most you might need a $3 adapter or splitter or something.
I have my 7.1 speakers and my PC and 360 paying through them. Just had to get an adapter, but works great.

I would think it would plug right up, but I didn't look real hard at the specs. At most you might need a $3 adapter or splitter or something.
I have my 7.1 speakers and my PC and 360 paying through them. Just had to get an adapter, but works great.
I'm ready to trash this set and get a new one, I want serious bass action that won't blow out after a few loud parties lol. My friend used to have a 16" with an amp mount wired up in his living room, and half way up that thing would shake his house so I don't think I need to go that far lol. Jon Bonham will destroy my neighborhood.

Had mine for years. Think they're Logitech speakers which aren't the most expensive or best. But the sound is great, they're loud as shit, and the woofer can be turned up or down to give you the amount of bass you want.
I have had this set seriously loud, loud enough to have the cops called more than once and never blown a speaker.

I did fry a set when I moved my pc once. The sub woofer connector and my monitor connector are identical and I had them plugged in wrong.
Fired up the PC, turned on the speakers, heard a loud whistle and that was it, lol. But, I had bought the protection for them when I bought the speakers, so they gave me a free set.

Legendary Fuckwad

BAD BOY
Super Moderator
my recent vinyl purchases include -

12' FEAR the record, unopened
12' Joe Cocker
a couple 12' Cheech and Chongs

i have my eye on the GG Allin/Tiny Tim split 7' because how weird is that shit...

my recent vinyl purchases include -

12' FEAR the record, unopened
12' Joe Cocker
a couple 12' Cheech and Chongs

i have my eye on the GG Allin/Tiny Tim split 7' because how weird is that shit...

I'd kill for original Cheech and Chong albums, and not just for the massive paper lol.
A fucking Tiny Tim and GG Allin split...dear nonexistentgod I must fucking find that.

Users who are viewing this thread