Virginia puts woman to death by lethal injection (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

aqua

Rookie
Virginia puts woman to death by lethal injection

Jarratt, Virginia (CNN) -- Teresa Lewis, called the mastermind in the murder-for-hire deaths of her husband and stepson, was executed Thursday night, Virginia Department of Corrections officials said.

Lewis, who was given a lethal injection, was pronounced dead at 9:13 p.m. ET at Greensville Correctional Center in Jarratt.

Death penalty opponents argued that Lewis, a 41-year-old grandmother, should not have died for a 2002 conspiracy that spared two triggermen a capital sentence. Instead they got life without parole.

Lewis was the first woman executed in Virginia in nearly a century.

The victims' family members witnessed the execution, state Department of Corrections spokesman Larry Traylor said.

News media witnesses said Lewis appeared frightened when she entered the death chamber and approached the gurney.

Asked if she had last words, Lewis said, "I just want Kathy to know I love her. And I am very sorry."

The inmate was referring to her stepdaughter, witness Kathy Clifton, daughter of murder victim Julian Lewis and sister of victim C.J. Lewis.

"She has no recriminations, she has no ill will for anybody," Lewis attorney Jim Rocap said. "I think frankly that she had accepted what was going to happen tonight a long time ago, and she was very peaceful with that."

The death row inmate pleaded guilty in the 2002 slayings of her husband and stepson in their rural home near Danville, Virginia, about 145 miles from Richmond.

Lewis, whom the state argued is evil, was the first woman executed in the United States in five years.

Virginia puts woman to death by lethal injection - CNN.com

:yesmaster: she requested a last meal of two fried chicken breasts, sweet peas with butter, German cake (first choice), apple pie (second choice) and a Dr Pepper soft drink, officials said.

1613c_1257193609830674.jpeg

john

Lurker
america kills it's mentally handicapped because they don't look after their teeth enough and have trouble getting the idea of high fives and breast implants. fuck em.

aRyan

TRUMP or BUST
john;30665 said:
america kills it's mentally handicapped because they don't look after their teeth enough and have trouble getting the idea of high fives and breast implants. fuck em.

She seemed smart enough to get two guys to shoot her husband and son to death with shotguns while they slept, giving them sex and promising them part of the 250k she'd get from the Sons army life insurance policy.

Fuck her and the bleeding heart liberal media that cries about this sort of criminal being executed.

john

Lurker
aRyan;30682 said:
She seemed smart enough to get two guys to shoot her husband and son to death with shotguns while they slept, giving them sex and promising them part of the 250k she'd get from the Sons army life insurance policy.

Fuck her and the bleeding heart liberal media that cries about this sort of criminal being executed.

yeah and i'd shoot all racist, narcissistic piss-heads who not only have trouble finding the door out to the real world but also have trouble finding catheter tubes small enough to fit around their drink shrivelled dicks myself but hey, can't have it all

Back