Virginia's gun law

Elvis_presley

In your wife's wet dreams
Any US members want to fill me in on what is going on in Virginia, how can the second ammendment be superceded on a state level?

A lot of bullshit, that's what's going on in Virginia. Virginia used to be one of the most pro-Second Amendment states in the country. It's politics, so it's most likely about money going into the right pockets to make that shit happen. What a lot of people don't understand is that gun control is not so much about guns. It's about CONTROL. Our Second Amendment right is the most important right that we have. Without our Second Amendment and our guns, we're fucked as a country.

I follow this guy on Youtube. Colion Noir. Check out these vids from his channel.

bgirl

The Wizard
Regardless of what those wacky gun nuts are saying, no one is taking their guns. It's a scare tactic to mobilize them and it works. Did you see all those overweight gamers and lonely old guys with COPD in military gear at their protest? lol

Virginia passed three bills. 1) Prohibits possession in public places requiring permits. Places like sporting events, fairs, festivals, etc. 2) Limits civilians to purchasing 1 gun per month, because 12 guns per year per person is quite enough. 3) Requires a background check for non dealer/ non family transfers. This is to prevent people like the Walmart shooter from getting guns from private citizens. It makes the selling a felony and the purchase a misdemeanor. It's a deterrent so the seller will check out the buyer or risk felony charges if the buyer kills someone.

I'm a gun owner and I don't think any of that is unreasonable. I offered to buy my oldest daughter a weapon, she's fired a shot gun, a 22 and my 9mm. She said no but I would like taser, so that's what she carries. It looks like a flashlight.

AmericanBoobeh

Keep your distance..
Regardless of what those wacky gun nuts are saying, no one is taking their guns. It's a scare tactic to mobilize them and it works. Did you see all those overweight gamers and lonely old guys with COPD in military gear at their protest? lol

Virginia passed three bills. 1) Prohibits possession in public places requiring permits. Places like sporting events, fairs, festivals, etc. 2) Limits civilians to purchasing 1 gun per month, because 12 guns per year per person is quite enough. 3) Requires a background check for non dealer/ non family transfers. This is to prevent people like the Walmart shooter from getting guns from private citizens. It makes the selling a felony and the purchase a misdemeanor. It's a deterrent so the seller will check out the buyer or risk felony charges if the buyer kills someone.

I'm a gun owner and I don't think any of that is unreasonable. I offered to buy my oldest daughter a weapon, she's fired a shot gun, a 22 and my 9mm. She said no but I would like taser, so that's what she carries. It looks like a flashlight.
I totally agree, those laws all seem sensible..

bgirl

The Wizard
I totally agree, those laws all seem sensible..
I don't think the first one will make it through. It's too vague. The way around that is to hold the event promoter responsible for security measures to keep weapons out of their events.

They were also trying to pass a red flag law but gave up on that one for now. That's for law enforcement to keep risky or suicidal people from purchasing, possessing, or transferring weapons, which would require a court order.