animals WARNING! Drunk Driver vs Horses (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

wiggins

Forum Veteran
I'd be thinking of getting all my clothes off, cutting one open, gutting it and crawling inside if no one comes along...

I used to do the 4000km drive from Darwin to Melbourne yearly and came across all sorts of feral and wild animals especially at night.

In winter they like to hang out on the road as it retains the heat of the day.

Water buffaloes up north, then cattle, donkeys, horses and camels, sheep south of the dingo fence, kangaroos everywhere, especially the big red ones at 80 kg plus.

My Landcruiser has a solid bull bar up front but you'd never want to slam into a horse with it, or a cow... let alone a camel.

Flatus Tube

I have counted to infinity, twice.
It looks like the horse was dead fast enough not to suffer. You can see the horse sized slide mark in the snow from the impact with the car and it seems to have remained in the position it stopped in. Injured horses tend to move a lot and try to get up, and there are no signs of that, luckily.

I was cuddling my mum’s horses today with my kids. So I’m in a kind to horses mood! 😂.

H82Go8675309

𝐉𝐫
I'd be thinking of getting all my clothes off, cutting one open, gutting it and crawling inside if no one comes along...

I used to do the 4000km drive from Darwin to Melbourne yearly and came across all sorts of feral and wild animals especially at night.

In winter they like to hang out on the road as it retains the heat of the day.

Water buffaloes up north, then cattle, donkeys, horses and camels, sheep south of the dingo fence, kangaroos everywhere, especially the big red ones at 80 kg plus.

My Landcruiser has a solid bull bar up front but you'd never want to slam into a horse with it, or a cow... let alone a camel.
Ok Han Solo. Good idea actually.
I imagine you live there you carry emergency items in your trunk incase you need to keep warm. Sadly, they only work if you're conscious & can get to them.

wiggins

Forum Veteran
Ok Han Solo. Good idea actually.
I imagine you live there you carry emergency items in your trunk incase you need to keep warm. Sadly, they only work if you're conscious & can get to them.
Doesn't get that cold in Aus and some one will come by in an hour or so.

I do carry 20 litres of water, spare fan belts, spare radiator hoses, sleeping bag, sleeping mat, bit of food, some beer for tonights camp... just the basics. Normally I'd drive off the road a few hundred meters behind some trees out of sight and just sleep on a tarp without a tent as it doesnt rain much out there.

Carry a rifle in case of crazies...

It's a great drive...

H82Go8675309

𝐉𝐫
Doesn't get that cold in Aus and some one will come by in an hour or so.

I do carry 20 litres of water, spare fan belts, spare radiator hoses, sleeping bag, sleeping mat, bit of food, some beer for tonights camp... just the basics. Normally I'd drive off the road a few hundred meters behind some trees out of sight and just sleep on a tarp without a tent as it doesnt rain much out there.

Carry a rifle in case of crazies...

It's a great drive...
Beer in your emergency supplies? Oh Lordy. 😄😄😄
Do you anticipate running into any crazies? 🤨 Crazy abos, I get it.

wiggins

Forum Veteran
Beer in your emergency supplies? Oh Lordy. 😄😄😄
Do you anticipate running into any crazies? 🤨 Crazy abos, I get it.
I was driving between Alice Springs and Tennant Creek one evening with my 2 year old daughter with me and looking for a place to camp. I drove up a track into an old quarry area in the middle of absolute fuck all. I drove around a bit but got a spooky feeling about the place so drove off. 5 minutes later this odd looking guy was seen cycling along on an old push bike with a milk crate full of stuff on the back. we're talking 200km from the nearest habitation or fuel station. He would have been looking for a camp site too and where I'd been spooked would have been the obvious place...

And then there's this:

H82Go8675309

𝐉𝐫
I was driving between Alice Springs and Tennant Creek one evening with my 2 year old daughter with me and looking for a place to camp. I drove up a track into an old quarry area in the middle of absolute fuck all. I drove around a bit but got a spooky feeling about the place so drove off. 5 minutes later this odd looking guy was seen cycling along on an old push bike with a milk crate full of stuff on the back. we're talking 200km from the nearest habitation or fuel station. He would have been looking for a camp site too and where I'd been spooked would have been the obvious place...

And then there's this:

Suspected murderer you think was peddling around on the bike with his pick 'em truck nearby?
🤔

Flatus Tube

I have counted to infinity, twice.

And then there's this:

They made a movie about your road trips 😂

wiggins

Forum Veteran
Suspected murderer you think was peddling around on the bike with his pick 'em truck nearby?
🤔
It wasn't Bradley Murdoch, that's for sure.

I have no idea who he was. In his 50's, a wide brimmed hat on. We get lots of Japanese and other nationalities cycling the Stuart but they all use top range touring bikes with trailers or front and back panniers, not some old clapped out bike like he had.

I just remember getting really spooked at the place and then seeing him so soon after. It felt like something from a serial killer movie. You'd never find a body out there either...

And in the NT out back no one can hear you scream...

djdeeds

Constantly laughing at the world
How do we know he was drunk? a horse bolting in front of a car on an icy road could result in this regardless.

wiggins

Forum Veteran
They made a movie about your road trips 😂

Oh yes, Wolf fucking Creek...

I carried a loaded 303 right next to me when I slept after the Falconio thing went down. Which wasn't that long after the Belangelo murders took place.

I used to go through Barrow Creek twice each trip. There is a spectacular rock formation as a back drop there and it has some gravitas knowing that somewhere out there Falconio is lying in his shallow grave...

For a great read about the back packer murders of Ivan Milat read 'Sins of the brother'. Its the definitive book on it. Very well written. Ivan was a real sick fuck and so was his brother. Whole family was bad news.

Back