Watching my brother die (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Another post just reminded me of this. Unfortunately I had to see my brother die in horrible way and I want to know if anyone else has had to deal with this.
In July of 2000, my brother and I (I was 16, he was 18) got jumped by a gang from the shitty part of town. Long story short, my brother ended up getting dragged under a car for about 20-30 yards. I remember as the car ran him over he was going to come out the front missing him. No luck. His shirt must have caught on something under the car and he got dragged. I remember seeing him under the car with blood steaming down his face. He was making unnatural sounds. I grabbed his hand and told him I will see him in the hospital. I said “Ben, You probably just have a broken leg or something.” I tried lifting up the car myself getting nowhere. I really believed he was going to be ok. Seeing him under the car was the worst thing ever in my life. I remember a female officer told me he was not breathing. In my stupor I said,”ok, but you can take him to the hospital and revive him, right? After about 5 times telling me he was not breathing, she finally said something like, “he’s dead”. Worst day of my life ever. That was 20 years ago and I still think about my brother, Ben, every day.

sorry I keep editing, but has anyone witnessed gore of a loved one in front of them and how did you deal with it. We (myself included) joke about it which is fine, but pm me if you have had to see it in real life if it happened to a loved one.

Last edited:
Another post just reminded me of this. Unfortunately a had to see my brother die in a horrible way and I want to know if anyone else has had to deal with this.
In July of 2000, my brother and I (I was 16, he was 18) got jumped by a gang from the shitty part of town. Long story short, my brother ended up getting dragged under a car for about 20-30 yards. I remember as the car ran him over he was going to come out the back. No luck. His shirt must have caught on something under the car and he got dragged. I remember seeing him under the car with blood steaming down his face. He was making unnatural sounds. I grabbed his hand and told him I will see him in the hospital. I said “Ben, You probably just have a broken leg or something.” I really believed he was going to be ok. Seeing him under the car was the worst thing ever in my life. I remember a female officer told me he was not breathing. In my stupor I said,”ok, but you can take him to the hospital and revive him, right? After about 5 times telling me he was not breathing, she finally said something like, “he’s dead”. Worst day of my life ever. That was 20 years ago and I still think about my brother, Ben, every day.
Actually there are days where I don’t think about him and I feel his memory is fading away in my mind and it makes me really sad.

ImBigBubby

NewbieX
Another post just reminded me of this. Unfortunately I had to see my brother die in horrible way and I want to know if anyone else has had to deal with this.
In July of 2000, my brother and I (I was 16, he was 18) got jumped by a gang from the shitty part of town. Long story short, my brother ended up getting dragged under a car for about 20-30 yards. I remember as the car ran him over he was going to come out the front missing him. No luck. His shirt must have caught on something under the car and he got dragged. I remember seeing him under the car with blood steaming down his face. He was making unnatural sounds. I grabbed his hand and told him I will see him in the hospital. I said “Ben, You probably just have a broken leg or something.” I tried lifting up the car myself getting nowhere. I really believed he was going to be ok. Seeing him under the car was the worst thing ever in my life. I remember a female officer told me he was not breathing. In my stupor I said,”ok, but you can take him to the hospital and revive him, right? After about 5 times telling me he was not breathing, she finally said something like, “he’s dead”. Worst day of my life ever. That was 20 years ago and I still think about my brother, Ben, every day.

sorry I keep editing, but has anyone witnessed gore of a loved one in front of them and how did you deal with it. We (myself included) joke about it which is fine, but pm me if you have had to see it in real life if it happened to a loved one.
Watching a love one die is the worst, when I was roughly 11 my brother had jumped into our pool, but he hit his head on the tile wall of the pool, I had to watch as his head bled into the pool and the water went red because I couldn’t swim and I didn’t have a phone at the time, about 2-3 hours later is when my parents got back and they found him floating in the pool, I still miss him man

Watching a love one die is the worst, when I was roughly 11 my brother had jumped into our pool, but he hit his head on the tile wall of the pool, I had to watch as his head bled into the pool and the water went red because I couldn’t swim and I didn’t have a phone at the time, about 2-3 hours later is when my parents got back and they found him floating in the pool, I still miss him man
That’s crazy. I felt the same way. I couldn’t lift the car to help him the same way you couldn’t swim. You just have to wait. A few seconds feel like a lifetime. Life is fucking crazy.

bgirl

Bedevilling
This user was banned

That's a very sad deeply personal story to share here. No, I haven't witnessed a traumatic death of a loved one. I'm sure that kind of a last memory of someone is difficult.

I've seen some traumatic deaths as an EMT and there's been several that family members were there. I remember more about those family members than I do about the gory deaths. People react to death and grieve differently, some deny, collapse, blame, or get angry. It's all normal. I sometimes felt like an intruder viewing a very private moment between loved ones. That female cop probably remembers you more than your brother.

I want to show the newspaper article, but I think my parents have it and I don’t want to ask them for it. I really want to show it though just for his remembrance.

Back