weapon of math destruction (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

snatch

Avidly prowling for spoil
Economist Removed from American Airlines Flight for Doing Math

by Gary Leff on May 7, 2016

Guido Menzio, an economist at the University of Pennsylvania, was pulled off of an American Airlines regional jet from Philadelphia to Syracuse because he was doing math.

Flight from Philly to Syracuse goes out on the tarmac, ready to take off. The passenger sitting next to me calls the stewardess, passes her a note. The stewardess comes back asks her if she is comfortable taking off, or she is too sick. We wait more. We go back to the gate. The passenger exits. We wait more. The pilot comes to me and asks me out of the plane. There I am met by some FBI looking man-in-black. They ask me about my neighbor. I tell them I noticed nothing strange. They tell me she thought I was a terrorist because I was writing strange things on a pad of paper. I laugh. I bring them back to the plane. I showed them my math.

It’s a bit funny. It’s a bit worrisome. The lady just looked at me, looked at my writing of mysterious formulae, and concluded I was up to no good. Because of that an entire flight was delayed by 1.5 hours.

MATAMUERTOS

اصبع القدم الجمل
Quite literally just because she didn't understand it she assumes it's bad.. lol so typical America. During the Chinese Revolution they killed intellectuals and anyone who wore glasses. This kind of ignorance is dangerous.
Imagine how many Chinese there would be now if it weren't for that revolution ?

Venom

MCMXXV
That's a sketchy looking mfer right there, better she narked then get blown up into a million pieces

not_a_robot

Bugger off
He is obviously a terrorist, he is wearing LACOSTE! :rambo:

menzio.jpg

Anders%20Behring%20Breivik

Mr Robot

Politically incorrect
Economist Removed from American Airlines Flight for Doing Math

by Gary Leff on May 7, 2016

Guido Menzio, an economist at the University of Pennsylvania, was pulled off of an American Airlines regional jet from Philadelphia to Syracuse because he was doing math.

Flight from Philly to Syracuse goes out on the tarmac, ready to take off. The passenger sitting next to me calls the stewardess, passes her a note. The stewardess comes back asks her if she is comfortable taking off, or she is too sick. We wait more. We go back to the gate. The passenger exits. We wait more. The pilot comes to me and asks me out of the plane. There I am met by some FBI looking man-in-black. They ask me about my neighbor. I tell them I noticed nothing strange. They tell me she thought I was a terrorist because I was writing strange things on a pad of paper. I laugh. I bring them back to the plane. I showed them my math.

It’s a bit funny. It’s a bit worrisome. The lady just looked at me, looked at my writing of mysterious formulae, and concluded I was up to no good. Because of that an entire flight was delayed by 1.5 hours.

people are fucking moronic.
What did she think you were going to do? Hold the plane hostage with your Biro.
Obviously watches too much TV.

Back