Wehrmacht soldier wants compensation for British torture (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Gorgutz

Post-Mortem
The former Wehrmacht soldier Gerhard Menzel wants to enforce by legal means compensation for the abuse to which he was subjected in 1946 by British intelligence officials, such as the British "Daily Mail" on Monday writes.

prisoners372ready.jpg

The now 89-year-old was arrested in Hamburg in 1946 and was shortly thereafter transferred to a British-controlled prison in Bad Nenndorf, near Hanover. The British intelligence service Menzel suspected of being a communist and espionage to have. As Menzel says he was tortured for 16 days, and that according to conventional methods for the Gestapo.

The paper said the British secret services from June 1945 to July 1947 soldiers and officers of the SS, Hitler's companion and communists have misheard. In this period, fell more than 400 people, including 44 women, in jail Bad Nenndorf. Because of the brutal handling of the prisoners some of them committed suicide, another died as a result of severe exhaustion.

According to eyewitness reports from the nearest village often bloodcurdling screams were heard from the prison. As a result of investigations carried out by Scotland Yard 1948 Four German officers were brought before a military court.

The court hearings on Menzel's action to begin in February. According to "Daily Mail" is negotiated for the first time on compensation brought by a former Wehrmacht soldiers. The required amount of compensation is not mentioned.

Menzel, the last surviving former prisoners of Bad-Nenndorf hopes of understanding on the part of British Prime Minister David Cameron, whom he described as a "true gentleman".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Translated from: http://de.ria.ru/society/20130121/265357713.html

Sources: http://de.ria.ru/society/20130121/265357713.html
http://www.pi-news.net/2013/01/wehrmachtssoldat-will-entschadigung-fur-britische-folter/

On a side note, I'd like to add that despite Menzel's attempts of making this story go public, it's quite hard to actually find an article about this matter on the internet.

Last edited:

janscutter

Can I stab you with this sharp pointy thing?
This user was banned
Trying to keep it hush hush. Kinda like the Japanese "concentration camps" and the mass murders that occurred after the Civil War here in the US!?

I

Ivan Drago

Internet Warrior
Regardless of what he may or may not have done himself if there is a case to answer then it's only fair that he has his day in court.

Geemonster

What an arsehole
Short Bussed
After what the Nazis did to the jews they should of been given them some of Germany rather than us Brits giving them Palestine.

b2ux

Banned
This user was banned
i dont think he will get it because of all the doors it would open to others seeking compensation for similar crimes during the war....

bowhaze

Zeitgeist
oh man.. it would be a nice thing if the world would stop talking about money for this and that. I used to live close to Bad Nenndorf for a while and there is a death march for all the guys who died in those British camps and it always made me sick, because the police said "It's not allowed to do something like that." I was asking a cop in 2009 why not, because the German soldiers were humans, too. he was rapidly quiet. anyway, if they want same rights for everyone and a tolerant living-together, they should stop blaming on German soldiers at first.
but back to the topic, I agree with b2ux. there have been so many crimes during this time, and from one night to another there will be more and more victims who claim to say they suffered the same just from another party.
in my opinion there isn't any real compensation for torture and at least fucking money.

b2ux

Banned
This user was banned
German soldiers were humans, too

BACK THEN THERE WERE NO RULES OF WAR LIKE THEY ARE TODAY MOST OF WHICH SUCK ASS...HOWEVER THE GENEVA CONVENTION HAD NOT BEEN WRITTEN YET AND ANY ACTS OF ATTRITION OR ABUSE WERE ALLOWED BY ALL PARTIES NOT UNTIL AFTER THE WAR WERE THESE RULES SET INTO PLAY MAKING MOST CLAIMS NULL AND VOID IF THIS WERE THE CASE AMERICANS AND RUSSIANS WOULD OWN ALL OF GERMANY AND MOST OF JAPAN ........NOT EVEN MENTIONING THE JEWS.....

janscutter

Can I stab you with this sharp pointy thing?
This user was banned
Granted there where no "RULES", but back then they had a code of conduct in the presence of war.

aRyan

TRUMP or BUST
Silly German. Doesn't he understand that only Jews can get compensation money from WW2?

The Poles tried it and they were excluded from the suit alongside Jews, with the judge saying they might take away some of the money the Jews were getting, and to file their own suit. So they tried filing their own suit, and the judge dismissed it almost immediately. Same thing will happen to this gentleman.

Back