What is this? do not say a bug....

Charbaby

Aggressively passive amd recklessly impulsive....
What kind of bug is this anyone know? I live in SE Florida and have never seen anything like it,,,,

View attachment 79704
It is nothing more than a moth. Completely harmless. Beautiful colors,I live in Tampa Fla and I've usually seen them with more red than blue like that. A few yrs back,my cat caught and ate one and I freaked cause he was frothing and foaming at the mouth really bad and I rushed him to the vet and she told me what it was. They fly pretty slow and are therefore fairly easy for predators to catch,so they are meant to resemble a wasp/stinging/biting insect so other animals leave em alone. But that's basically all they've got. Their harmless =) Ill find out the exact name for ya.

Charbaby

Aggressively passive amd recklessly impulsive....
LDG,have you ever seen the Wheel Bugs around your area?? Their also called "Assassin Bugs" and they almost resemble a spider when their young but only have 6 legs. They kill & eat the same way though. But they grown like INSIDE themselves and hang upside down to "hatch" out of their own skin/shell,and come out twice as big as they were before!! And they keep doing this over like a months time until they become an adult. They are freaky as fuck looking too. They look prehistoric and have like a metalic gray color and spikes going down their backs.... I'm gonna google them and post it here.. Maybe you've seen em too.. they bite like hell and will swell your whole fuckin arm up too.