What made you view gore? (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Lovinight

Seeker of Truth!
Occasionally I would get preoccupied with the horrific shit I would hear someone had done or suffered, I read about some mob hit on a family where they has slit an 8 yr old boys throat and threw him in the swimming pool, I was very disturbed that people would actually do this and wondered what else they do that I was not aware of....somehow it lead me here, honestly I can't watch most of the videos but I can look at the pics, I find this world to be a very SAD strange place that I look forward to moving on to what is next and never looking back.

Leech_Zombie

Crazy Canadian
My dad introduced me to faces of death. Was 5 or 6. Rest his soul.

Then My aunt showed me deathanddecay.com and I’ve been hooked ever since that was when I was 13 or 14. So early to mid 90’s. I’m always looking fer crime scene photos and or videos. I don’t ever have any luck finding what I’m looking fer.

ThatOtherAccount

Racing To Death
I seen a guy on a motorcycle hit a car head on when i was 8 years old on the way to the Kite festival. He was cutting the lanes and just passed us on a corner prior to hitting a big 4 door car with elderly people inside his brother (Found out later) hit a wall to avoid the VW Bus behind the 4 door car or that's what i assume. I can see it all now his motorcycle was in a lot of pieces on the road and his brother was in the middle of the road dead and my mom grabbed a blanket and ran over to help as she was a RN and i remember they flew in a helicopter from portland as we where far from any major hospital. I than always had that in my memory i than went to visit my father in i think 1990 or 1991 and he had Them death VHS i remember watching three of them i think they where called reality something and faces of death.

pufi

NewbieX
Impulse to satisfy morbid curiosity.

To call it reality would be too flattering. We are all sitting in comfort behind a screen.

morbidgran

Rookie
Back in the 80s i was told about 'Snuff' movies where people were killed on camera, i was intrigued and started trying to track one down.. but no one had access to one despite many people saying they had seen one ( and each of these people gave a different situation and cause of death to the victim ) Fast forward to reading Bizarre magazine and then getting a computer and going online and searching for Bud Dywer suicide.. BINGO! then i find Rotten.com, Ogrish and then Kazaa. The 'Snuff' movies remain illusive but i found something much better.. reality!
bud Dwyer! I used to watch him off himself over and over!

Ladycadaver

Fresh Meat
It started with the classic, “Dare you to go on rotten.com” back in high school.

From there it grew into a fascination with forensics and medicine!

McM

ARSELING
When I was at school there wasn't any internet, maybe an intranet on a university somewhere.
We had to look at dead animals on the road as kids or when the Turks had slaughtered a sheep.

Its not so much gore as the issue of censored media. I make up my mind what to watch or not. Filters bug me. The big downside of censored media is that younger people just starting out in life(and older ones who were stupid when they were young and didn't age well) If I may depart on a little segue I might mention my late My 104 year old great grandmother who used to say to me when I was being a dumb kid "You can teach ignorance but there'e nothing you can do for stupid" A perfect consequence of the sanitized media is the ridiculous driving habits some people employ. They have no sense of reality and no understanding of physics as it pertains to impact speed and G-forces. Everyone should watch a pail of those gorey Russian dash cam videos before getting a full drivers license. 42 years of trucking saw many tragic, heartbreaking and gory moments on the roads of the nation. Perhaps if those driving had seen a bit more of reality they would have driven better.

Riggo

(insert edgy quote here)
I was first introduced to gore by my late brother who showed me the beheading of Ken bigley back in the early 2000s and it started there really

zinfandel

The hair-flip of death
Boredom...curiosity...started with some random crime-scene and accident photos online, then this site called "Justmeat". Rotten.com followed and then I found the mother-load: Ogrish. It was all downhill from there.

Back