What's it like to go to the war area? (2 Viewers)

Denim Chicken

Woefully beefless
So is it that one? I find SRO hotels fascinating haha, there's a lot of them in Skid Row. Can't believe all those people live without kitchens and have to share bathrooms 🤢

Skid Row these days is CRAZY btw. It is 3rd World

SPHINCTERPUNCH

PUNCHED THAT SPHINCTER!
I wonder, if anyone here has gone to war area? Such as Iraq War, Syria War etc
No matter as soldier, journalist, civilian(who lives there) or even traveller.
There's some Military Dudes & Dudettes here! But I'll let them speak up for themselves! PROPS TO THEM!...SP

whhite

NewbieX
I was deployed to the Iraq during the war in 2006-07 right before and around the troop surge. First of all the whole country was a giant garbage can and smelled like burnt tires and we all took turns at toxic burn pits filled with garbage and shit. It was insanely hot like up to 130 degrees in the summer months. I was infantry and would be rotated on various duties like operating checkpoints and checking for car-bombs, the odd shift on guard, taking turns as QRF- Quick Reaction Force in the city. The worst thing I saw was when a suicide bomber blew up like 40 people in the city and we were the first soldiers to arrive afterwards, saw many dead bodies, was a crazy time. Handful of missions to check buildings/search for weapons caches, detaining suspected enemy forces, doing security, protecting the translator. Pulled my gun quite a few times at checkpoints, fired 2 rounds the entire time never shot or directly killed a single person. We all felt the fear during convoys because of IEDs. Nobody in my platoon was lost or even hurt if I remember correctly. 2 died in the whole company, 1 was an accident. Riding through the crowded cities in the humvees on the m2 .50 cal made my balls feel like concrete, it all felt very surreal, even convoys in the desert. There are literally sand people out there living like it's the 1st century. It's nothing like the movies. I had a really bad time there and just hated it, wanted out like you couldn't believe.

Denim Chicken

Woefully beefless
I was deployed to the Iraq during the war in 2006-07 right before and around the troop surge. First of all the whole country was a giant garbage can and smelled like burnt tires and we all took turns at toxic burn pits filled with garbage and shit. It was insanely hot like up to 130 degrees in the summer months. I was infantry and would be rotated on various duties like operating checkpoints and checking for car-bombs, the odd shift on guard, taking turns as QRF- Quick Reaction Force in the city. The worst thing I saw was when a suicide bomber blew up like 40 people in the city and we were the first soldiers to arrive afterwards, saw many dead bodies, was a crazy time. Handful of missions to check buildings/search for weapons caches, detaining suspected enemy forces, doing security, protecting the translator. Pulled my gun quite a few times at checkpoints, fired 2 rounds the entire time never shot or directly killed a single person. We all felt the fear during convoys because of IEDs. Nobody in my platoon was lost or even hurt if I remember correctly. 2 died in the whole company, 1 was an accident. Riding through the crowded cities in the humvees on the m2 .50 cal made my balls feel like concrete, it all felt very surreal, even convoys in the desert. There are literally sand people out there living like it's the 1st century. It's nothing like the movies. I had a really bad time there and just hated it, wanted out like you couldn't believe.

Which military?
US?

Denim Chicken

Woefully beefless
Well nice story, thanks. I had a friend that was there around the same
time, also US Army Infantry. He didn't come back the same, believe he's serving time now :/

PieFace

Wat da fack
Did u ever find them weapons of mass destruction?

tigerace09

NewbieX
Watching unarmored ANP and ANA trucks hit IEDs. It’s like fireworks, but with ground meat too. It all depends on the AO you’re in. We came during fighting season and were in contact consistently damn near everyday. But once November came, shit just died the fuck down. It was so weird but it’s understandable. The ground turns to fucking mud and mush, and then Timmy Talib can’t plant his IEDs.

Users who are viewing this thread