What's it like to go to the war area? (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

sgrass

Rookie
I wonder, if anyone here has gone to war area? Such as Iraq War, Syria War etc
No matter as soldier, journalist, civilian(who lives there) or even traveller.

I've been to Israel in 2017 with a Jewish buddy of mine, he was blind and asked if u wanted to come so he can visit his homeland. Basically I went free as a guide paid tickets and everything... its funny bc being there was nice, then you go out of the city skirt limits and its literally nothing to please the eye. Just a sore sand gust ,heat, shitty fucking buildings and this eerie desolation even tho ppl are there, it doesn't feel normal. Anyway we had gone thru the 90 south to cross into dirt roads that lead into Jordan, and then took the 15 to the m5 up to Damascus, Syria. It is boring and it is a fucking everlasting scenery of nothing. Beat down places, hardships. We saw some places that looked shot up like the Assad regime i think was alongside the M5 route and i mean BEAT and still the structures are there just shit all over the town roads. It's sad they are fighting for nothing over there, the shit sand war really. Its not religion its a war on wanting to stop being poor and having power to riches. Honestly the religion aspect to their war is just a front. Lots of fuckery there, thank God (lol) we blended in both of us.

Jack_the_Ripped

GG Resident Tax CPA and Shekel Counter
never been to actual war area, but back in Autumn 2014 I visited a friend near Donetsk and then I also went to Luhansk. didn't see actual gun fight, but could hear gun shots in the distance from my motel.

Aaaboutit

pessimist
I've been to Israel in 2017 with a Jewish buddy of mine, he was blind and asked if u wanted to come so he can visit his homeland. Basically I went free as a guide paid tickets and everything... its funny bc being there was nice, then you go out of the city skirt limits and its literally nothing to please the eye. Just a sore sand gust ,heat, shitty fucking buildings and this eerie desolation even tho ppl are there, it doesn't feel normal. Anyway we had gone thru the 90 south to cross into dirt roads that lead into Jordan, and then took the 15 to the m5 up to Damascus, Syria. It is boring and it is a fucking everlasting scenery of nothing. Beat down places, hardships. We saw some places that looked shot up like the Assad regime i think was alongside the M5 route and i mean BEAT and still the structures are there just shit all over the town roads. It's sad they are fighting for nothing over there, the shit sand war really. Its not religion its a war on wanting to stop being poor and having power to riches. Honestly the religion aspect to their war is just a front. Lots of fuckery there, thank God (lol) we blended in both of us.
Thanks for sharing

Chernika

Obnoxious
This user was banned
The smell was the worst and what I remember the most The intense heat of the desert combined with garbage in the streets and open sewage. The smell of diesel fumes. Smoke from fires or from burn pits. Then there’s the corpses.

Jack_the_Ripped

GG Resident Tax CPA and Shekel Counter
Have you seen corpses there?
sadly no, my friend there Mikhail helped me steer clear of actual war zone.

but that was for the best... what am i gonna do if i get caught by the combatants? "cing cong me no speak Russian"

f3c014cd82145cdd5a68a46d55504466.jpg

Vwj

NewbieX
Spent time in Salisbury plane, shooting shit, and getting lifted by helis, oh and Winchester, and a few other training camps along the way

MATAMUERTOS

اصبع القدم الجمل
i have and i saw someone being shot in the head right in front of me and their brains where spilling out. good morning.

SHawker

NewbieX
Spent time in Iraq, Saudi Arabia and Kuwait in 1991. Boring is the correct way of explaining. Once we got into the war it was crazy. We were wired tight the whole time.

Denim Chicken

Full-On Rapist
So is it that one? I find SRO hotels fascinating haha, there's a lot of them in Skid Row. Can't believe all those people live without kitchens and have to share bathrooms 🤢

Skid Row these days is CRAZY btw. It is 3rd World

Back