Windows media player issue

for somee reason, wmp creates these many playlist on its own. like, for example, instead of just having my four playlists, I end up having like 15. and the playlists that are created on its own are from my torrents I downloaded. I tried searching the web for answers on how to stop that but I couldn't find anything. anyone have a clue to what's going on? this is making my ocd go through the roof

for somee reason, wmp creates these many playlist on its own. like, for example, instead of just having my four playlists, I end up having like 15. and the playlists that are created on its own are from my torrents I downloaded. I tried searching the web for answers on how to stop that but I couldn't find anything. anyone have a clue to what's going on? this is making my ocd go through the roof
Is it creating them or simply reading the files (eg. m3u's etc) that may be coming with your torrents? :sexface:

Is it creating them or simply reading the files (eg. m3u's etc) that may be coming with your torrents? :sexface:
creating them. like I have yhe following playlists: goth, mayhem, grunge , grunge II, and tori amos. then when I look at my playlist, I see a bucnh of evanscence folders, aic folders, and some other stuff.

I thought it was because I had utorrent and wmp opened at the same time. but I always did that, and I never had this problem before

Decent60

Patient goes beep beep beeeeeeeeeep
Are you sure that they were playlists and Genre's? Also do you have your player set to automatically find new songs and playlists?

ok so I download a new torrent. opened the songs in wmp, and noticed that unwanted playlists were created again. this haven't happen in two weeks... (oh, and I only were supposed to have 6 playlists)
bad.png

Still smacks off .m3u's to me.

Examples...

I've never used WMP on this machine before. So I open it, and a folder side by side, in the folder you can see it has mp3's and an m3u which is the playlist file most cds come with.
capture_28102012_144925.png

Then I added the folder to WMP's library, like it would if it's scanning your download folder.
capture_28102012_150716.png

As you can see, it's read the m3u and added it as a playlist. Check your downloads and see if they are including and m3u's or similar playlist files.