Windows10 Mouse Stuttering

keymon231

Professional Beaver Inspector
I'm having this irritating problem, my mouse stops working every time I open a program. It works again after the program is fully loaded. It also stuttering randomly and sometimes it stops working for almost 5 seconds. Does anyone know how to fix it? I tried some tricks I read on Google, they don't help at all.

I'm running Windows 10 x64 version 1803

I'm having this irritating problem, my mouse stops working every time I open a program. It works again after the program is fully loaded. It also stuttering randomly and sometimes it stops working for almost 5 seconds. Does anyone know how to fix it? I tried some tricks I read on Google, they don't help at all.

What kind of mouse? Bluetooth? USB?

Liver1

Veteran of GG
Try a different mouse and see if its the same, if it is then its a software problem so uninstall your mouse driver and reinstall it or go to the mouse software and select 'repair or update driver', for this you go to Start button, type mouse in the search box and select Mouse in the results to open Mouse properties then try to see if its the pointer speed and settings in there. :)

msr

Here pikey pikey, swallow mah cawk.
Short Bussed

is your system overloaded? how much ram do you have, is your hdd full, and what is the processor load?
download- windows extreme tuning utility- it will help to tell you if your pc is slowing down because of a problem. just use it to check the cpu and memory and speeds. Don't change settings with it. (You can)
Sometimes virus and other such shit can cause what you describe. Malwarebytes Anti malware is a good program for finding those.

Last edited:
OP
keymon231

keymon231

Professional Beaver Inspector
Thank you guys for the response.

Well... this is embarrassing. It turns out that I'm a fucking idiot. I spent hours trying to fix the problem with no avail. I put in a new battery just now and the damned mouse works like new.

Wolf

The weak are meat the strong do eat...
Well good then. Was thinking your mouse was gonna have to get some speech therapy to help with the stutter.

Thank you guys for the response.

Well... this is embarrassing. It turns out that I'm a fucking idiot. I spent hours trying to fix the problem with no avail. I put in a new battery just now and the damned mouse works like new.
Thats the reason why i asked if its a bluetooth mouse :D

Cool dude. :tu:

Windows 10 is always giving people problems.
I use *Nix systems since 1999... but i have Windows 10 on my desktop machine and all my notebooks and i dont have problems at all. The only thing that I HATE WITH ALL MY HEART about Windows 10 are the fucking updates. Jesus... completely annoying..many times they fall without warning and I have to wait to use a computer.

But in terms of performance and stability, it works very well, even as much or more stable than most (if not all) Linux distributions for example