Woman, aged 102, suspected of murdering 92-year-old neighbour at French care home (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Cold Ethyl

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
A woman aged 102 has been placed in psychiatric care in northeastern France after she was suspected of murdering her 92-year-old neighbour in a care home, prosecutors said

The victim, was found on Saturday night dead and with her face swollen in her room at the care home in the town of Chezy-sur-Marne.

The autopsy showed she died "as a result of asphyxiation caused by strangulation and blows to the head", prosecutor Frederic Trinh said in a statement.

"The resident of the neighbouring room, aged 102, appeared in great agitation and told one of the medical staff that she had 'killed someone'," he added in the statement late Wednesday.

Due to her state of confusion and agitation, the 102-year-old was transferred to a psychiatric unit after undergoing tests.

An investigation has been opened into "voluntary homicide against a person vulnerable due to their physical condition".

It has not been possible to interrogate the woman but the investigation has not been closed, Trinh told AFP.

She will undergo a psychological examination to determine if she is eligible for penal sanction or criminally irresponsible, he added.

Mr. Mayhem

Crybaby faggot
This user was banned
That has to be a first, murdered by someone who could be
suffering from dementia or Alzheimer's in a healthcare facility.

samael88

Well Known Member
Wouldn't put nothing past anyone. I've been around Alzheimer's and dementia. You never know what you'll do if you have that kinda degenerative disease/condition. People just aren't themselves anymore.

Partially why I hope I don't live long enough to end up with the same fate.

Bethy 🔥

Sometimes life aint fair kiddo..
Super Moderator
My grandfather was placed in a nursing home cuz of his dementia. He’d get agitated and combative. His first night in the nursing home, he was agitated and angry. So he decided to leave by climbing out the window of the 3rd floor, head first. At he funeral home, I was outside for a breather and had a camera man w/ a reporter wanting me to comment on the tragic accident and was our family planning to sue? Yes these suffers can be dangerous to themselves and towards others.

mrln

silent ghost
Something like that, yes.
For whatever reason as the sun sets they become more agitated, restless and combative.
Sundown Syndrome is a condition most often associated with early-stage Alzheimer's, but has been known to affect the elderly recovering from surgery in hospitals or in unfamiliar environments. Occasionally, the syndrome will affect people in the early morning hours.

i just figured this to be,because im not a morning person! so im comming down with dementia?

Back