Would you ever kill someone? (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Mickey

Forum Veteran
Yes.
tumblr_nzfvy1wzIm1uxb6zvo1_500.gif

guyme91 📦🔓

Kinky weirdo ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yes, to defend myself or my family which I am sure many other people would do. I don't think that is uncommon.

Yes, if it was legal to kill someone who voluntarily gives them self up to die. Not because of mental disorders, depression or anything else, some who is of sound mind who wants to experience death at the hands of another person. Basically the ultimate form of submission on their part. If there were legal ways to do something like that and I met someone who wanted to do it, then I would.

desrt2

NewbieX
I have taken lives in combat. Iraq and Kuwait. 1991. i think that it is appropriate to reply here and do so in context.
That was of course, business.
There was nothing mystical about it.
There were a few high fives among my crew.
Then that was it.
Most warriors (soldiers, Marines, Airmen and Sailors) do not talk about it as it is considered impolite.
Those that boast and run their mouth are usually lying or embellishing.
No women flock to you. No one stands in awe of you. No one ever knows unless you tell them.
Not something you list in your resume or discuss at the dinner table.
You may have heard the adage that "war is 99% boredom and 1% sheer living hell."
The quote is not attributable.
How do I feel? It was business. It was unfortunate that Saddam Hussein forced his people to fight or die. The blood was on his hands. Most of the enemy had no desire to fight. They were laid siege to and wanted nothing more than to end it and make sure their families were safe. Many enemy begged us to take them with us or kill them. Hussein's Republican Guard would kill them because they had not fought to the death.
I've never rejoiced over it and I've not lost a minute of sleep. It's no longer a taboo or a mystery for me. It was just business.
I also saved many lives. Not just in the abstract but putting people back together who were in pieces.
My daughter is an Army combat medic. I told her, "It was my job to take people abpart. It's your job to put them back together.
Turning on all of that adrenaline has a cost. You can't just turn it off. After 10+ battles over 147 hours and minutes of sleep every now and then, you physically change.
The amygdala and hippocampus rewire and may manifest as Post Traumatic Stress, anxiety disorder or other physiological/psychological changes.
It's not curable, just manageable.
It's been 27 years and I can't turn it off. But I know there is a time for everything. Our society, mores, personal morals and faith guide our abstinance from murder.
Me. Top center. Battle of the Basrha Plain, 1991. I took out an Iraqi Republican Guard T-72 tank
I hope this can provide some insight and perspective.
Lastly. There is a difference between killing and murdering.
One is necessary/accidental, the other is malicious.
11205576_10153269068583602_1436300415581428044_n.jpg

Silentwhisper

This user was banned
Most people think of self defense, defense, or war situations when this question comes up. But could you murder another person? Especially I you knew you would get away with it. Pure murder not some kind of justified executioner taking out society's wickedest. Murder of an innocent.

lovedeadmigs

msr's neihbor.
This user was banned
The second TSHTF there are a few folks that will be cut in half with 3inch slugs. There are two or three that I will skin with a sharp knife, and one cunt in particular that if I am close enough I will boil his dog and make him eat it.

So I think yes.

Back