WTC Tightrope Walk

Geemonster

What an arsehole
Short Bussed
Just watched a documentary on this tightrope walk between the twin towers in Aug 1974..cool shit.

wtc1.jpg

wtc2.jpg

wtc3.jpg

snatch

Avidly prowling for spoil
He spent three quarters of an hour on the line and crossed 8 times to taunt police
aye. i dinna watch yer vid but i ha seen the movie. so much prep went into it. thats how you punk right there. hes done other cool walks. none as cool as that though. imo

Angelahh

meow :o)
very cool. i didnt watch the video... but did he use an ankle chain thingy? I know last year the big thing was the guy crossing the Niagara Falls but he was tethered to the wire so he didnt have anything to lose

Reactions: Sev

Angelahh

ok now I watched since it was 2 minutes lol. thats very cool and fun to hear. doesnt seem like he was tethered sheesh!
thx for sharing

Sev

Well Oiled Member
very cool. i didnt watch the video... but did he use an ankle chain thingy? I know last year the big thing was the guy crossing the Niagara Falls but he was tethered to the wire so he didnt have anything to lose
I know! I felt so cheated when I saw that.

Angelahh

I know! I felt so cheated when I saw that.
yes! totally after the hour production and story line leading up to the actual walk.

If he had no choice but to be tethered than he could have at least sworn to forfeit his all his money if he fell tethered - and the money could go to a charity. Besides if he did that, fell tethered and lost all his money, he still made a shit ton of money afterwards. Just a big show off phooey production

Sev

Well Oiled Member
there was at least one tightrope walker who fell and died. I can't remember his name though. I wanna say the footage is B&W so its probably fairly old

Geemonster

What an arsehole
Short Bussed
there was at least one tightrope walker who fell and died. I can't remember his name though. I wanna say the footage is B&W so its probably fairly old

There was no attachment it was on the level..what a ballsy motherfucker.
They hid in the corresponding towers overnight and used a crossbow to get the line between the 20o yards or metres to the other tower.
Here's the link for the documentary on the BBCi player,it's from a series called Storyville.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00m0mbt/Storyville_20082009_Man_on_Wire/

social outcast

karma can be expected
After the walk he ditched his partner who was there for all the events leading up to the walk..the film shows him under the covers with some broad he ended up with..a tightrope groupie. :mariopalm: Still ballz of steel on that dude.

Airbornemama

Something Ironic...
I still get chills when I see Walenda fall off of that tightrope! I am terrified of heights so these guys get all my respect!