Users who are viewing this thread

DrY

Pure Scorpio 🥼🗽🩻🎪✡️💉🐾
I’ve never truly considered the Nazis private life. These young men pulling out photos of Def Furhrer as they lie dying is sadly ironic. So young, died defending a madman’s vision. I learned my friend’s grandmother and mother escaped the Holocaust death march(auschwitz) when An SS officer allowed the 2 women to escape when grandmother couldn’t March anymore. he turned his back and let them run. I guess I’m remembering his humanity by writing this.

pangs

Forum Veteran
Sadly, for these young lads, barely out of their teens, no glory, no parades, no kiss from a girlfriend or mother when they return from the front line.

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
I thought I'd ended this thread a few years back, using all the images that I had but I've since found a few more that I don't think are posted here, although a few might be.

Set 64.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6. Apparently US General Patton took this one with his own camera.
6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
Set 65.

This is the last of the newer ones I had recently come across. Some may have seen before but most were new to me.

1. US soldiers load up dead Germans during the Battle of the Bulge.
11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

6. Battle of the Bulge.
16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

9. The body of this dead German soldier was reported to have been booby-trapped.
19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

12. Australians with dead German in Africa.
22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

McM

ARSELING
Pic 13 is interesting. It's a mod '43 - 8.8 cm gun from a Jagdpanther tank destroyer. Improvised construction on an unknown mounting.
The Germans did use usually the whole turrets of otherwise disabled tanks for fortified positions. But Jagdpanther had no turret.

JP.JPG

Last edited:

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
Pic 13 is interesting. It's a mod '43 - 8.8 cm gun from a Jagdpanther tank destroyer. Improvised construction on an unknown mounting.
The Germans did use usually the whole turrets of otherwise disabled tanks for fortified positions. But Jagdpanther had no turret.

View attachment 639473
The Jagdpanther (Hunting Panther) tank hunters used the upgraded Panther chassis. They had probs with them, like at Kursk, they had to turn the whole tank to aim and fire and Shermans could run circles around them.

• Agree
Reactions: McM

McM

ARSELING
The Jagdpanther (Hunting Panther) tank hunters used the upgraded Panther chassis. They had probs with them, like at Kursk, they had to turn the whole tank to aim and fire and Shermans could run circles around them.
Yep, Jagdpanzers are better for hidden ambushes on long distances, not for a classic tank fight on the move.

Back