"You Suck At Darts" (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

wino

DILLIGAF
Man At Bar Ribs Cop 'Aw, You Suck At Darts,' Cop Responds 'I Can Do Whatever I Want,' Pulls Out Gun & Executes Him

A man at a bar in Murrieta, California ribbed an off-duty cop that he 'suck[ed] at darts,' the cop, 42-year-old Dayle Long, reportedly responded by pulling out a gun and executing him in front of a shocked crowd in an incident one man described as 'the most horrific scene I've seen in my entire life.'

2011_12_22_dayle_long.jpg
Patch.com reports:

Chris Hull, a 39-year-old Temecula resident, said he was inside the bar and saw the shooting happen.
Hull said he witnessed a man walking up while Hull and a group of friends were playing darts. The man reportedly identified himself as an off-duty cop and started a discussion with the group about darts.
“We were playing darts, and he says 'I’m better at darts than you are,”' Hull said.
“My buddy says, ‘Aw, you suck at darts.’ (The man) says, ‘That’s why I’m a cop, I can do whatever I want to do.’”
Hull said his friend, identified only as Danny, asked the man, “Really, you can do anything?” The man then pulled out his gun, Hull said, and after the group repeatedly asked him to put it away he “pops three rounds into my friend Sam.”
Hull identified his friend as Sam Venettes. He didn't answer a request for Vanette's age or hometown, but said he was a "hardworking guy" who "works three jobs."
Police have not released any information on the name of the victim.
"I just watched the most horrific scene I've seen in my entire life," Hull told Patch.
"This is the worst day of my life."
It should be noted, the cop was a 10-year veteran of the force.

http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=37723

wino

DILLIGAF
moar

[–]justareporter 548 points549 points550 points 7 hours ago*

Hi all, this might get buried but we'll see. My name is David Leonard, I'm the reporter that broke this bar shooting and the one whose article that informationliberation post links to. (Proof after the edit line below.)

FYI, the off-duty cop was dragged into court on Friday and charged with murder.

He works in court services for the county sheriff's department (i.e. he's a bailiff). His defense attorney requested the judge ban cameras from the courtroom and the judge refused. In response, the deputy barely edged himself into the courtroom and hung out behind a doorway during the short hearing to avoid being photographed.

We got pictures of him anyway. Check out this post for images and details of the hearing/pending arraignment/DA's comments on suspected killer... http://murrieta.patch.com/articles/c...med-peacemaker

He's scheduled to arraigned on Jan. 12 for murder with a sentence enhancement for use of a firearm. If convicted, he could face a sentence of 50 years to life.

I talked to a witness from inside the bar yesterday, a man who says he was DJing on the night of the incident. According to the witness, the deputy got into a fight with a group of friends over darts.

At some point, one of the friends stepped up and asked the deputy to calm down. According to my witness, the deputy turned to a manager and told the manager to "call 9-1-1", then pulled out his gun and turned it on the victim, a 36-year-old local gas station clerk.

Read that witness account here... http://murrieta.patch.com/articles/w...p-shot-to-kill

All in all, it's been an absolutely mad few days down in Murrieta. We had no killings whatsoever from January 2010 up until Tuesday of this week. Then we had two killings, one triple-stabbing and this shooting in two days. Needless to say, I haven't gotten any Christmas shopping done, and my sleep schedule is more messed up than this case.

Anyway, if you have questions about the scene from the night of, the aftermath, details, my nuts job or whatever, feel free to reply and AMA. I'll be around for most of the day. I'll try to post confirmation later.

TL;DR: I was reporter on scene for shooting, wrote linked story. Cop was charged with murder, could face 50 years to life. Another witness confirms the fight was like "arguing over spilt milk."

Decent60

Patient goes beep beep beeeeeeeeeep
Apparently he also sucks at shooting if it took a min of 3 shots to kill the guy....in the head...

Back