Young Couple gets 60 Years in Prison for Starving their Baby. (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Search 'n Destroy

Well Known Member
Brittany-Alston-125x188.jpg

Granbury, TX

- These two were sentenced earlier this month, but I totally missed the story and figured I’d post an article that ends on a good note for change. Justin and Brittany Alston, both 21-years-old, were sentenced to 60 years in prison after teens notified an adult that the couple were starving their 9-month-old baby.

Last December, several teenagers were at a party at the Alstons’ mobile home when they heard Riley crying. When Justin refused to check on his son, a 17-year-old at the party went into the boy’s room and found him emaciated and lying in urine, feces and vomit. His skin was flaking off his body, his bones were showing through his skin, and one of his socks had fused to his foot.

“I was furious and I was shaking and I was breathing hard and I was trying to be as gentle as I could with this baby because I felt like if I just moved a certain way this baby would break. He was so fragile and little,” Magon Rutledge said. “He had these big blue eyes and they were so bright but the rest of him was just like he was gone.”

Rutledge had her cousin call his dad, a paramedic, and Riley was rushed to the hospital in critical condition. Doctor’s weren’t sure Riley would survive as his body was rejecting food. It’s believed he hadn’t been properly fed in almost two months. Riley was placed on an IV and everyone hoped for the best.

When police questioned the couple, they admitted they were more interested in drinking and smoking pot with their friends than taking care of Riley. When asked why they didn’t take Riley to the hospital when it was obvious he was in medical distress, Brittany said she had more important things to do.

“Brittany told investigators when she was asked why she didn’t feed this baby she said that she had other things to do, like getting the oil changed in the car,” Hood County District Attorney Robert Christian said.

The couple were arrested and charged with injury to a child and abandoning or endangering a child. Brittany’s 18-month-old daughter was placed in foster care, and her 4-year-old daughter was placed in the care of her maternal grandmother.

Like most babies who are fed, Riley was quite resilient and rebounded quickly. He and his older sister were placed in a foster home where he has fattened up quite nicely. You can see for yourself in the following before-and-after picture.

Riley-Starving.jpg

The foster mother is not a nurse. All she did was feed this baby,” Christian said. “The only difference between the pictures is a few months and food.”
The couple eventually went to trial, which turned out to be a big mistake on their part. The jury convicted them both on the charges and had a wide range of sentencing options, ranging from probation to life in prison. It only took the jury 40 minutes to sentence the couple to 60 years in prison.

http://ec.tynt.com/b/rf?id=cvT6HEbq4r4ODvacwqm_6l&u=thedreamindemon

beaverbreath

Well Known Member
I've always believed that you should be punished in like manner. There seems to be no deterrent now. Maybe if rapists were raped, stabbers were stabbed, and yes starve those who don't provide for the helpless and innocent. This is in addition to time served.

NannieDoss

My Reality check bounced
These two fuck sticks deserve some of the worst treatment that can be thought up by the inmates they are gonna get the wonderful pleasure of meeting! My heart break's for that sweet little boy and I just cannot fathom how not ONE person wondered about his well being for so long! Where were his Grandparents? He is soooo lucky that he was looked in on by a teenager that actually cared to see why the baby was crying. I am really glad that his little body decided to start accepting nourishment and he got better. He deserves nothing but love and caring from here on out!!:rose::rose::rose:

Dravenbeast

That One Guy<3
60 fuckin years? Low down mother fuckers like this deserve to be lynched. Or worse. I fucking hate someone that could do that to a innocent child.

MajorWhiteBoy

Forum Veteran
Wow.

I didnt expect to scroll down and see a healthy, happy baby. I hope he goes on to do great things, and his parents sit alone, rotting away in jail.

Also, the just like daddy thing is creepy.

NightMare

My gift to you, a Nightmare of terror
I agree with everyone here, they should get gruesome punishment for what they did to this innocent child. But who is going to do the deed? Do we just assume that they will get their just rewards in prison? And who in this prison are we going to appoint? Leave it to chance that they might get raped or beaten up? How can we ask a murderer in prison to commit the same crime behind bars that we put him in there for? How is that the "right" thing to do? That does NOT make us better than they are. We can not allow others to become the right hand of the justice system. No, I think we are doing it all wrong. I think that they should just be killed right out of court. If the evidence show's beyond a reasonable doubt that this defendant did wilfully commit this crime against an innocent child the punishment should always be death. One appeal then off with their heads. This should include all child sexual crimes and abuse to a certain level. When you abuse a child in any way it is a life sentence for the child no matter what happens to them after the abuse. Fucking kill them all then we never have to worry about if they ever get out. I bet if the punishment was such, the abusers would think twice or three times if they knew that if the punishment was death without a doubt, maybe they would not commit the crime. Death is the only way to be sure.

Back