Zachary Davis killed mom with sledgehammer. (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

what I don't get is WHY don't we start to ask the killers "why the sledgehammer?" "why not a knife, gun or KitchenAid mixer??" Start inquiring on the TOOL or the item used.....maybe it's the fetish with the tool used in the killing.

snatch

Avidly prowling for spoil
what I don't get is WHY don't we start to ask the killers "why the sledgehammer?" "why not a knife, gun or KitchenAid mixer??" Start inquiring on the TOOL or the item used.....maybe it's the fetish with the tool used in the killing.
Linzy said that during his interview Davis was asked why he killed his mother with a sledgehammer and replied, 'I was worried that I'd miss,' and that using that type of weapon gave him the 'highest chance of killing her

Equal Hater

Unbannable by decree!
I don't know... I mean I understand abuse and the damage that can cause. With that in mind I can safely assume many people (me included) has gone thru situations that would have somehow justify going into a murdering spree, but something inside makes us cope with it and eventually go on with your life without acting on your instincts. There has to be some pathological trigger that makes some people act on it while making others cope with it.

shitterofpants

This user was banned
He thought it through though. A sledgehammer to ensure she died. Not a kitchen knife grabbed on a whim or a gun laying around, but a sledgehammer.
Something tells me this fella wasn't acting on instinct, but had thought about this for a while.

Be happy⚕

Vacant, Composed
I'll always doubt the legitimacy until I see the crime scene photos aha
No but.. what on fucking earth is wrong with the mongoloid prick.
Abused = calm and calculated matricide with a sledgehammer...
Seriously, if your child was like that... Surely you'd have them commited?
Living "on land, blah blah, remote yes blah" and the couple who own the land have a lad who's 19.. he doesn't talk to anyone, covers his face with his hand if he sees you, won't reply to anything..and he's been like it since he was 12 (anyone else want to guess what on earth could have triggered it.. selective mute come potential psychopath or can you really be so antisocial, completely randomly from the age of 12, one day normal, go to bed, next day fucked beyond all logical comprehension

*Cough* white coats *cough* sterilise *eugenics*

black-shores

This user was banned
You guys saying his demeanor is a red flag ... How could someone not send him away to a psyche ward. There's a lot of people who act, talk, look just like this guy. Most of these depressed folks don't go and kill someone. They're just dealing with shit and a lot closer to flipping out than the rest of us. Everyone is dealing with some sort of bullshit...

DarkBarton

True Crime Blogger
This kid is mentally ill and needs long term care!. There had to be missed warning signs and his parents failed him! How could you live w/ this kid day in & day out and not see that something is seriously wrong? This mistake caused his mother her life. Sad sad sad

I can assure you he is NOT in a normal prison system. He is in a prison type setting where he IS receiving mental health help. I know this because I plan on interviewing him soon via mail and had to track down his actual location and got it verified by the location he is at.

Bethy 🔥

Sometimes life aint fair kiddo..
Super Moderator
I can assure you he is NOT in a normal prison system. He is in a prison type setting where he IS receiving mental health help. I know this because I plan on interviewing him soon via mail and had to track down his actual location and got it verified by the location he is at.
Kool.. update us if u can?

Cattoo

Rookie
A Tennessee teenager on trial for murder says he killed his mother with a sledgehammer because she knew he had been raped by his older brother and did nothing about it.

Zachary Davis was fifteen when he bludgeoned his mother's skull 12 times as she slept and then set his family home ablaze in an effort to also kill his elder sibling Josh.

On Tuesday, a court in Hendersonville heard how Davis, now 17, laughed as he killed his mother Melanie Davis in August 2012, leaving her bloodied and unrecognizable before fleeing.

Davis is charged with first-degree murder, attempted first-degree murder and aggravated arson and the court was shown gruesome images of the crime scene as his trial began on Monday.

According to prosecutors, Davis, his mother and brother went to see the comedy movie, The Campaign on August 10 and then returned home.

Melanie Davis went to sleep at 9pm, 'not knowing that her younger son was planning something sinister, something unspeakable.'

In testimony given to the court by Major Don Linzy, Chief of Detectives at the Sumner County Sheriff's Office, Davis confessed after he was apprehended at a convenience store eight miles away, having fled the scene.

'Yes, sir, I killed my mom in her sleep with a sledgehammer,' Linzy told the court on Tuesday according to the Tennessean.

Linzy said that during his interview Davis was asked why he killed his mother with a sledgehammer and replied, 'I was worried that I'd miss,' and that using that type of weapon gave him the 'highest chance of killing her.'

Or the head bobbing is his answering yes to your questions. Dr. Phil...don’t be a dumbass.

Back