Zachary Davis killed mom with sledgehammer. (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Tooly

Tier One
A Tennessee teenager on trial for murder says he killed his mother with a sledgehammer because she knew he had been raped by his older brother and did nothing about it.

Zachary Davis was fifteen when he bludgeoned his mother's skull 12 times as she slept and then set his family home ablaze in an effort to also kill his elder sibling Josh.

On Tuesday, a court in Hendersonville heard how Davis, now 17, laughed as he killed his mother Melanie Davis in August 2012, leaving her bloodied and unrecognizable before fleeing.

Davis is charged with first-degree murder, attempted first-degree murder and aggravated arson and the court was shown gruesome images of the crime scene as his trial began on Monday.

According to prosecutors, Davis, his mother and brother went to see the comedy movie, The Campaign on August 10 and then returned home.

Melanie Davis went to sleep at 9pm, 'not knowing that her younger son was planning something sinister, something unspeakable.'

In testimony given to the court by Major Don Linzy, Chief of Detectives at the Sumner County Sheriff's Office, Davis confessed after he was apprehended at a convenience store eight miles away, having fled the scene.

'Yes, sir, I killed my mom in her sleep with a sledgehammer,' Linzy told the court on Tuesday according to the Tennessean.

Linzy said that during his interview Davis was asked why he killed his mother with a sledgehammer and replied, 'I was worried that I'd miss,' and that using that type of weapon gave him the 'highest chance of killing her.'

Last edited:

Bethy 🔥

Sometimes life aint fair kiddo..
Super Moderator
This kid is mentally ill and needs long term care!. There had to be missed warning signs and his parents failed him! How could you live w/ this kid day in & day out and not see that something is seriously wrong? This mistake caused his mother her life. Sad sad sad

Bethy 🔥

Sometimes life aint fair kiddo..
Super Moderator
He was pretty normal up until he was 9, then his father died of ALS. Down hill from there apparently!
Yep thats what seemed to start his down ward spiral. Btut i cant believe that no one seen that this kid was suffering from something? Even if it was just depression to start with, he really needed help and the adult(s) around him failed! Very sad story :(

zinfandel

The hair-flip of death
I can understand hating your mother because she looked the other way as you were abused. However, his anger was sort of misplaced. He ensured that the method he chose to kill his mother would have the highest chance for success yet half-assed it when it came to killing his rapist brother, the actual perpetrator. I'm assuming that his gross brother got away scott-free? What's that all about?

D.N.R.

Medication time
CARLSLINGBLADE.jpg

Tooly

Tier One
I can understand hating your mother because she looked the other way as you were abused. However, his anger was sort of misplaced. He ensured that the method he chose to kill his mother would have the highest chance for success yet half-assed it when it came to killing his rapist brother, the actual perpetrator. I'm assuming that his gross brother got away scott-free? What's that all about?
His brother was investigated, but no evidence was found. Not to say didn't do it, but, the kid could have easily made it up as a springboard for his reasoning behind doing what he did!

Back