10 American Serial Killers Who will Haunt Us For Ever. (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Silentwhisper

This user was banned
The F.B.I. definition makes total sense for a number of reasons. Two is a series. A series which if uninterrupted most likely will go on. If not it's a sensible bare minimum. The point is to activate resources as soon as possible once a serial murder pattern is detected.

Silentwhisper

This user was banned
It looks like the F.B.I. has since updated its mass murder definition in a similar manner knocking the number down from 4 to 3 which also makes sense.

TehBitch

*I Squirt Blonde*
Administrator
My Dad (who is now a retired homicide detective)explained how law enforcement didn't have the resources or communication from other agencies in other cities or states,etc..back then that they have now.
I also believe as well as my Dad believes that some information is incorrect or unknown when it comes to what the criteria is based on for Serial Killers..because they are so complex.

Silentwhisper

This user was banned
That's why the F.B.I. simplified the definition to its most basic components. Motivation etc. overly complicating the definition when the idea is to get the investigation rolling asap.

The awful truth is despite VICAP and similar possibly updated database resources most local law enforcement departments are still lax about sending in information on murders in their jurisdiction.

Silentwhisper

This user was banned
Bela Bitter it will help you greatly to read the site linked twice. As for the rest don't hate facts hate ignorance of them.

Graziani

TRUMP BACK TO WHITE HOUSE
The ignorance is strong in this one. Charles Manson was not a serial killer. He was a cult leader who ordered murders. A person has to personally commit multiple murders in separate events to be considered as an actual serial murderer.

The vast majority of serial killers are not psychotic. Psychotics suffer delusions/hallucinations causing a disconnect from reality. On this list only Ed Gein would fully qualify as psychotic since he was found legally insane and committed to a mental hospital for the remainder of his life.
we have an expert about that shit

Silentwhisper

This user was banned
Reading is fundamental Graz. Read the most current information from the best source in this case the pioneer in serial murder research the F.B.I.

snatch

Avidly prowling for spoil
Snatch you were already told to read the whole page not just the paragraphs you copied. You failed.
I copied the pertinent information which you cant digest. The fbi did not go on to contradict it,s profile.
You are wrong. Admit it gracefully

Silentwhisper

This user was banned
Snatch since you're slow

It's called selective copy paste. When you scroll down on the page the same page 8 paragraphs down I linked to you read the CURRENT DEFINITION SINCE 2005.

The validity of spree murder as a separate category was discussed at great length. The general definition of spree murder is two or more murders committed by an offender or offenders, without a cooling-off period. According to the definition, the lack of a cooling-off period marks the difference between a spree murder and a serial murder. Central to the discussion was the definitional problems relating to the concept of a cooling-off period. Because it creates arbitrary guidelines, the confusion surrounding this concept led the majority of attendees to advocate disregarding the use of spree murder as a separate category. The designation does not provide any real benefit for use by law enforcement.

The different discussion groups at the Symposium agreed on a number of similar factors to be included in a definition. These included:

• one or more offenders
• two or more murdered victims
• incidents should be occurring in separate events, at different times
• the time period between murders separates serial murder from mass murder

In combining the various ideas put forth at the Symposium, the following definition was crafted:

Serial Murder: The unlawful killing of two or more victims by the same offender(s), in separate events.

TehBitch

*I Squirt Blonde*
Administrator
FBI also stated that serial killers were not sexually motivated..some were sexually inadequate,had been molested by a family member or close friend...each one of these serial killers targeted their victims for a reason.
Some are just fucked up in the head.

Back