18-year-old Nebraska woman sentenced to 90 days in jail for burning fetus after abortion (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Nihilianth

Forum Veteran
actually, some good points there!

I admit i consumed a lot of right wing media as a youth and even today...it just seems more correct to me, but i could be wrong, of course...in general, politics, and details in general, intensely bore me

i also admit i'm not really a deep thinker, but generally support the status quo...i'm sure in 1776 i would have supported the crown

you obviously know your facts, and i've always respected that you're passionate in your writings and beliefs

also, i shouldn't even admit this, but i always thought it was Hamilton who killed Burr...now i know!

I come off as being rather brusque. Not just in this forum, but IRL as well. It isn't necessarily the fault of Republican voters that they ar so terribly misguided. Not everyone are all interested or knowledgeable in the same things.

Some people are motorheads. Some are deeply interested in science and technology. Some are into medicine like @Flatus Tube . I just happen to be big into history, politics, and statistics. In fact, I have a bachelor's in Western Civ. I'm thinking of going to get my Master's, with an archeology minor and get out of logistics. (I work for a medium-sized regional transportation company as a mid-level manager.)

So it isn't a bad thing to not be informed about history and politics, just like I'm not really into cars and tools. Everyone does have an interest in at least hearing some news and weather. So people not really into history and politics; they sit down in front of the TV after work and flip to a news channel. They run across the flashy, screaming 24 hour talking heads. The screaming talking heads are on TV saying things with such confidence and looking professional (if not acting professionally), and think they must know what they're talking about. And so, the 24 hour screaming talking heads can set whatever agenda they want, throw in magical key phrases like "freedom," "patriot," and "our founding fathers," and we have an entire population that knows nothing about ACTUAL history. Worse than knowing nothing; they are outright completely misinformed.

Last edited:
Back