Serious 6,400 Idaho Farmers Ordered To Shut Off Water Supply (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

deviant2

cause it glitters doesn't mean it's gold

Idaho Department of Water Resources Director Mathew Weaver issued a curtailment order that requires 6,400 junior groundwater rights holders who pump off the Eastern Snake Plain Aquifer to shut off their water. The Idaho government has shut off the water to a half million acres of farmland.

Jervois...

They want the water for lithium mining.
Jervois will get the water. Because who needs food when there are batteries to be made.

handbanana72

2 kinds of people. My kind, and assholes.
Not really "World News" is it? Unless you think the world somehow revolves around Idaho.

Any chance we can get a different category of "American News" that is of no real interest to the rest of the World....?
It's world news. It's been happening in France for a while now. Their farmers drove down the streets and sprayed manure on buildings in protest. When the govt of a "free nation" won't let people grow their own food, people should start asking why.

H82Go8675309

𝐉𝐫
Not really "World News" is it? Unless you think the world somehow revolves around Idaho.

Any chance we can get a different category of "American News" that is of no real interest to the rest of the World....?

Governments around the world do this too, not just in the USA which in my mind does it more nicely than other countries I.E. Australia, Chile, Argentina, China, Brazil, etc. Regardless, they get their way one way or another.

Grand Mal Caesar

1984+Idiocracy=Reality
Governments around the world do this too, not just in the USA which in my mind does it more nicely than other countries I.E. Australia, Chile, Argentina, China, Brazil, etc. Regardless, they get their way one way or another.
That's where the US is headed. They will do it "nicely" until they don't have to do it nicely anymore. There is nothing nice about what they are doing. They are just not doing it by the end of a gun yet.

deviant2

cause it glitters doesn't mean it's gold
Brad Little, Governor of Idaho.
In case anyone would like to let him know how you feel about this.

Link to his Idaho web page below:
Governor Brad Little

Screenshot_20240617-124027.png

On X he can be tagged - @GovernorLittle

For what it's worth, I already left him a message.

Back