Serial killer Aileen Carol Wuornos (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Lixen

Forum Veteran
I disagree, what is the point in the state/population spending millions of dollars over the next say 20 years housing and looking after someone who is unable to be rehabilitated, when you have half your country living off food stamps, if they are never going to be released back into society, which I really believe she couldn't be... ever, then why waste millions of dollars on her, put those millions into the schooling or work schemes or just put into food into mouths, just spend 25c and put a bullet in her head...

I know she had a sad life and it's unfortunate, but if every woman who was raped in America started shooting men in the head for a few bucks you would have one fucked up epidemic on your hands, she made her choices and deserved to die, she wanted to die more than the prosecution wanted her dead...

:dead:
I am curious about who you believe qualifies for the DP. All murderers? All individuals who are mentally and\or physically ill and unable to contribute to society? Do you think knowing right from wrong is proof of mental sanity?

tjbt

We
I just think it's a total waste of money on someone who will never take part in society again ever, if she did she would certainly kill again and keeping her alive and in relative comfort would be enough to feed hundreds over the same amount of years, she's dead to me.
Well, technically, she is dead to everyone.

tjbt

I am curious about who you believe qualifies for the DP. All murderers? All individuals who are mentally and\or physically ill and unable to contribute to society? Do you think knowing right from wrong is proof of mental sanity?
There is no way I could vote to kill someone knowing they were not mentally there. She had not been mentally with the world for a long time. Her lawyer screwed her over, he did not defend her properly.

Eat Shit And Die

★Filthy European★

People who have committed heinous crimes, that can never under any circumstances be reintegrated back into society, mentally ill or not.

Eat Shit And Die

★Filthy European★
There is no way I could vote to kill someone knowing they were not mentally there. She had not been mentally with the world for a long time. Her lawyer screwed her over, he did not defend her properly.

A huge part of her mental degradation was self inflicted via drug abuse, plus it's kinda hard to defend someone who is hell bent on getting themselves terminated.

Lixen

Forum Veteran
Did you hear that the woman that adopted her also put a life insurance policy on her? I had heard that from 2 different sources, just wondering if you knew anything.
No I didnt hear about that. I dont know her life's story but rather just the highlights. Its troubling to me because while I understand she was a serial killer, I don't believe she was inherently evil. For me, killing someone or even more than one person isn't in and of itself heinous enough to warrant the DP. There should be an element of depravity to the killings. It's a very slippery slope indeed, but for the sake of arguent I find Jodi Arias to be far more deserving of the DP than I do Wournos.

blacklotus

the mind is like a parachute, works best when open
I just think it's a total waste of money on someone who will never take part in society again ever, if she did she would certainly kill again and keeping her alive and in relative comfort would be enough to feed hundreds over the same amount of years, she's dead to me.
I get what you are saying, and yes I agree that there are some people who may never get well but as for Ailleen, she had a screwed up childhood, no one to send her on the right path so was stealing from people, and her defense was she didnt want to be grassed on, and i feel she was just acting on the theory survival of the fittest type thing. Yes she was extreme but I think if she had of had help ie getting an education, councilling, and basically just someone to show how the way I believe she would have had a good chance.

tjbt

A huge part of her mental degradation was self inflicted via drug abuse, plus it's kinda hard to defend someone who is hell bent on getting themselves terminated.
That hell bent on being terminated should have been a beacon. The term "being driven crazy" is not just a saying. She was driven crazy.

Eat Shit And Die

★Filthy European★
I get what you are saying, and yes I agree that there are some people who may never get well but as for Ailleen, she had a screwed up childhood, no one to send her on the right path so was stealing from people, and her defense was she didnt want to be grassed on, and i feel she was just acting on the theory survival of the fittest type thing. Yes she was extreme but I think if she had of had help ie getting an education, councilling, and basically just someone to show how the way I believe she would have had a good chance.

That raises the argument again that many people have an identical upbringing to her don't go around murdering many victims, yes her upbringing contributed to her outlook but many like her never kill in fact almost all of them.

Reactions: LDG

Lixen

Forum Veteran
People who have committed heinous crimes, that can never under any circumstances be reintegrated back into society, mentally ill or not.
Fair enough, but what do you consider heinous? Any act of murder other than one of self defense? What components are necessary for an act to constitute *heinous* depravity?

Eat Shit And Die

★Filthy European★
Callous acts of murder, repeat offenders, Serial Killers period. Child murderers, Child Rapists. Criminals that if you released them ever it is a mistake, you cant change what somebodies brain thinks is normal, pleasurable or acceptable, that is their brain and its what it thinks is ok.

Before you say but Wournos killed in self defense, yeah ok once maybe twice but not 7 plus times, I think after killing a few people surely she noticed a pattern and I think u will find it got easier for her to do and she cared less and less, bye bye wournos.

Reactions: LDG

Lixen

Forum Veteran
Callous acts of murder, repeat offenders, Serial Killers period. Child murderers, Child Rapists. Criminals that if you released them ever it is a mistake, you cant change what somebodies brain thinks is normal, pleasurable or acceptable, that is their brain and its what it thinks is ok.

Before you say but Wournos killed in self defense, yeah ok once maybe twice but not 7 plus times, I think after killing a few people surely she noticed a pattern and I think u will find it got easier for her to do and she cared less and less, bye bye wournos.

No, I don't believe her murders were in self defense. Sorry if I gave you that impression. Its an interesting debate for sure... I just think her case is different than most serial killers. Being fit or unfit for society isn't what I personally consider the determining factor in imposing the DP on someone. It would be easier for me to kill Jerry Sandusky than it would be for me to kill Wournos, although he never killed anyone.

Last edited:

LDG

Bleed The Freak
A lot of people seem to forget the Legal Definition of insanity is whether you know right from wrong at the time of your crime... whether you agree with that or not is another story, but by that definition, she was sane.

Example. Someone has mental disorders but kills her tricks for money. She may be batshit crazy, but she knew it was wrong. There for she is "legally sane"

Lixen

Forum Veteran
A lot of people seem to forget the Legal Definition of insanity is whether you know right from wrong at the time of your crime... whether you agree with that or not is another story, but by that definition, she was sane.

Example. Someone has mental disorders but kills her tricks for money. She may be batshit crazy, but she knew it was wrong. There for she is "legally sane"

No one was arguing the legal definition. She was put to death by "legal" due process. The debate was one regarding our *personal beliefs* and how they differ from the legal application of the law. What gave you the impression someone was making the arguement her execution was carried out illegally?

b2ux

Banned
This user was banned
i have got to agree with that she was massively abused since what about 6 years old she didnt stand a chance with the right normal kind of people she would have been a different person .....

tjbt

i have got to agree with that she was massively abused since what about 6 years old she didnt stand a chance with the right normal kind of people she would have been a different person .....
I believe she would have been. She was "taught" early that she was no good, not wanted, ugly and stupid. Even the boys who would use her for sex would throw rocks at her. If all that is not damaging, I can't tell you what is...also, it is alleged that they baby she had that was adopted out was either her father's or grandfathers. (I can't remember which one)

Deafen

Lurker
I agree tjbt, I also think that a sane and safe mind would have been unable to be restored in this case. There was just too much damage early on...

Back