Guns Anybody ever made one of these? If so, how well did it work? (1 Viewer)

Guns

Users who are viewing this thread

DokraOwl

Hooter
I use to build both pneumatic and combustion "potato guns" as a kid, it was a fun hobby while it lasted. There are some really hard core potato gun enthusiasts out there that take the subject way too far though. You can buy PVC pipes from home depot and just stick them together in any shape and make a potato gun fairly easily.

Ratte

Somewhat rancid; allegedly.
No, they will fire very dangerous projectiles, like darts made from nails, flaming steel wool, lithium batteries, etc.
Lithium batteries would be dangerous as fuck! I'd be worried about it blowing up in the barrel and covering me in acid :/

Darts sound like they would work well, flaming steel wool seems as though it would need to be attached to a dart to go any decent distance anyway lol

I reckon ball bearings and darts would be the best bets.

McM

ARSELING
All that reminds me a bit of the Austrian Girardoni Air rifles in caliber 11.75 mm (.46), invented in 1780.
Weren't very practical and reliable because of the used materials. (Leather washers, i.e.)
It's said you had to pump up the air reservoir manually over 1000 times before you could empty the 20 round magazine.

WB.jpg

Ratte

Somewhat rancid; allegedly.
All that reminds me a bit of the Austrian Girardoni Air rifles in caliber 11.75 mm (.46), invented in 1780.
Weren't very practical and reliable because of the used materials. (Leather washers, i.e.)
It's said you had to pump up the air reservoir manually over 1000 times before you could empty the 20 round magazine.

View attachment 735936
Yeah that makes sense, pvc and all plastic parts seems like a design disaster, could definitely be improved

air rifles never took my fancy, would take too long to pump or compress, combustion is always the best way; although alcohol doesn't seem like the best combustible to use, I would rather use butane or propane; black powder would also be inefficient, muskets have proven that lol and even though you could definitely make a diy firearm that shot proper rounds, you would need metal working tools and time. As long as it can shoot through a 2x4 from at least 6 meters away it's a decent enough firearm in my eyes.

• Agree
Reactions: McM
Back