Atlantis under a Michigan lake. A new mysterious prehistoric structure has been found (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Cold Ethyl

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Archaeologists uncovered a 9,000-year-old mysterious prehistoric structure under the waters of Lake Michigan. The Stonehenge-like structure rivals the tales of Atlantis.
There’s much we may never know about our earliest ancestors, like why we started to walk upright and how we managed to create structures like Egyptian pyramids or British Stonehenge that seem to defy the engineering capabilities of the time.

Both the Egyptian pyramids and the Stonehenge monument will remain the greatest mysteries of humanity, as experts around the world have not been able to unveil the building secrets behind these structures. More confusion has been added to this long-standing mystery with the discovery of an enigmatic prehistoric structure beneath the US’s Lake Michigan.

Dr. Mark Holley, a professor of underwater archaeology at Northwestern Michigan University, found the mysterious prehistoric structure. The discovery was entirely unexpected, and the crew was first skeptical of what they had discovered, which was made at a depth of approximately 40 feet (12.1 meters).

The scenic waterways of Grand Traverse Bay have a rich maritime history, with several shipwrecks serving as evidence of the region’s active marine trade routes in the 19th and 20th centuries. Under its serene surface, the attention of historians and archaeologists is drawn to secrets of a different sort that have surfaced.

The Stonehenge-like prehistoric structure​

Examinations quickly revealed that the stones had been aligned in a similar pattern to Stonehenge. The crew highlighted that the stones weighed as much as 3,000 lbs or 1,360 kg. Approximately 10,000 years old is the estimated age of the locally found granite stones, which makes the formation one of the oldest ever found in North America.

Thanks to an advanced technology known as stereo photogrammetry, the rocks were accurately rendered in three dimensions. Thanks to the 3D rendering, scientist Rob Nelson was able to stitch the photographs together and conduct a thorough analysis of the resulting model. The resulting model revealed carvings and engravings on a few of the stones, one of which featured what appeared to be a mastodon.

Mastodonts are an extinct ancestor of woolly mammoths and elephants, once among the largest terrestrial mammals to have roamed North America. They existed throughout the Pleistocene Epoch, which spanned from roughly 2.6 million to 11,700 years ago and reached heights of up to 10 feet (3.1 meters) and weights of up to 5,440 kg (six tons).

Moreover, the engravings suggest that the people who constructed the site probably knew something about these animals and may have even hunted the

What purpose does this Michigan prehistoric structure serve?​

The recently discovered mysterious structure in Michigan is similar to Stonehenge. But rather than a circle, these prehistoric stones are more modest; Dr. Holley underlines that this is not a megalithic site but rather an important historical marker in its own right.

A
comparable, much earlier prehistoric structure near Lake Huron adds even more mystery, suggesting that this prehistoric society was able to survive in such harsh environments. The structure was explored by Dr. John O’Shea, who claimed that it might have been a strategic hunting ground, showcasing the ingenuity of our ancestors.

Nevertheless, the exact function of Lake Michigan’s underwater lineup and the identities of its architects are still subjects of mystery and interest. This finding, which was cautiously discussed with the local Indigenous peoples, emphasizes the significance of protecting our common history.

Discoveries such as the underwater mystery buried beneath Lake Michigan’s waves challenge us to consider the riddles of the past and serve as a reminder that history is not always recorded in books but can occasionally be hidden in the depths of the natural world.

Nobbler

Forum Veteran
Imagine the things out there yet to be discovered, the oldest henge circle was found in the Middle East, DNA showed the people who built it in the Middle East were related to the builders of stone henge.

Nihilianth

Forum Veteran
The first to paragraphs are a bit of hyperbole.

Just because we may not know the EXACT methods that were used to build the lyramids and Stonehenge, does NOT mean that there aren't legitimate, and frankly quite simple, solutions for building them both.

One of my favorite hypotheses, is from an old YouTubber man from Scotland who demonstrates how to move and maneuver huge stone blocks singlehandedly using nothing but a pebble and a simple lever.

He also demonstrates how to lift huge stone blocks using a see-saw method with counterweight blocks and essentially large shims.

Guipago

Forum Veteran
Then there was the university researchers that move Stonehenge type stones, people were a lot stronger in those times, our strongest was probably the normal, so moving large stones was not a problem, it's the 'why' & 'what for' that gets the brain cells moving. & try not to stare at the brown top girl with tight pants.

Kneeler Plz

Well Known Member
Then there was the university researchers that move Stonehenge type stones, people were a lot stronger in those times, our strongest was probably the normal, so moving large stones was not a problem, it's the 'why' & 'what for' that gets the brain cells moving. & try not to stare at the brown top girl with tight pants.

Our strongest is most definitely stronger than any ancient one. The average? That would go to the ancestors.

Nihilianth

Forum Veteran

Like not, though. Stonehenge people were smaller with less ability to make truly nutritious meals.

Funny thing about modern times. We have both the worst possible kinds of so-called "foods" since mankind first appeared. As well as the best possible kinds of foods since mankind first appeared. But humans are taller with thicker and more robust skeletal structure than most anytime in the past. At least, those of us who actually take care of ourselves anyway.

Also, Stonehenge blocks don't have large holes drilled through them like that. So this method is definitely incorrect.

This is the guy I was talking about. He's from Michigan, not Scotland I said up thread. This is probably the most likely methods employed by the stone henge-building druidic celts:

K.I.T.T.

Forum Sports Car
The first to paragraphs are a bit of hyperbole.

Just because we may not know the EXACT methods that were used to build the lyramids and Stonehenge, does NOT mean that there aren't legitimate, and frankly quite simple, solutions for building them both.

One of my favorite hypotheses, is from an old YouTubber man from Scotland who demonstrates how to move and maneuver huge stone blocks singlehandedly using nothing but a pebble and a simple lever.

He also demonstrates how to lift huge stone blocks using a see-saw method with counterweight blocks and essentially large shims.
Mote than likely, the Nile river was redirected and the pyramids were erected by using pools of water. There's a fascinating computer rendering online that shows how easily this could have been done, and in much less time with much less manpower than previously thought. I'll try to find the video and link it later.

Edit: Here it is.

Nihilianth

Forum Veteran
Mote than likely, the Nile river was redirected and the pyramids were erected by using pools of water. There's a fascinating computer rendering online that shows how easily this could have been done, and in much less time with much less manpower than previously thought. I'll try to find the video and link it later.
Oh yeah, the pyramids are likely to have been made using entirely different methods from Stonehenge. I'm just saying this guy probably has a pretty accurate theory about how Stonehenge was built.

K.I.T.T.

Forum Sports Car
Oh yeah, the pyramids are likely to have been made using entirely different methods from Stonehenge. I'm just saying this guy probably has a pretty accurate theory about how Stonehenge was built.
I've seen that guy, and it makes perfect sense. Leverage, physics and good old fashioned ingenuity. With a large enough fulcrum...

Guipago

Forum Veteran
Like not, though. Stonehenge people were smaller with less ability to make truly nutritious meals.

Funny thing about modern times. We have both the worst possible kinds of so-called "foods" since mankind first appeared. As well as the best possible kinds of foods since mankind first appeared. But humans are taller with thicker and more robust skeletal structure than most anytime in the past. At least, those of us who actually take care of ourselves anyway.

Also, Stonehenge blocks don't have large holes drilled through them like that. So this method is definitely incorrect.

This is the guy I was talking about. He's from Michigan, not Scotland I said up thread. This is probably the most likely methods employed by the stone henge-building druidic celts:

Not too sure the Stonehenge crew had milled timber, sand etc, but if you look at how the natives on Easter Island got their statues up just with sloping holes & manpower to lever them up, very simple.
As far as people are stronger today, look at the Roman army in England for example, not big guys but marched 30 miles every day & put up defensive works every single night when on campaign & lived on porridge & whatever they could hunt, todays Special Forces would be hard pressed to keep up & maintain that effort & in armor & fighting the locals, who, ran all day to keep up so they could punch on, hard lifestyle. Medieval England was a different story & as you say, peoples health declined with crowded conditions, still, they had better oxygen content in the air, no smog, no poisons floating about to breath, the earth had more minerals for the crops (no artificial fertilizers in those days) The body didn't have to spend it's time trying to get plastics & man-made artificial crap out of the body during sleep, it could just heal, not to mention trying to get people to use the stairs instead of a lift or walk instead of driving, nope, people are a lot less robust, strong, healthy than those in the past, look at your countries Health System at the amount of sick people per capita, not good.

Blood_Sport

Utter bastard
See..
360_F_594868023_kkcpiixDc0dxHuOBzDcpbkesL1EYC63J.jpg

Nihilianth

Forum Veteran
I've seen that guy, and it makes perfect sense. Leverage, physics and good old fashioned ingenuity. With a large enough fulcrum...
Exactly. There was a big advantage ancient people has, that this guy has:

Experience with the natural world around them. Ancient people knew more about the constellations and which stars were which and how to navigate by them than most people do today. It's not a bad thing. We don't need to do that any longer. We have tools now at our disposal that ancient people would never be able to wrap their minds around.

Nihilianth

Forum Veteran
Not too sure the Stonehenge crew had milled timber, sand etc, but if you look at how the natives on Easter Island got their statues up just with sloping holes & manpower to lever them up, very simple.
As far as people are stronger today, look at the Roman army in England for example, not big guys but marched 30 miles every day & put up defensive works every single night when on campaign & lived on porridge & whatever they could hunt, todays Special Forces would be hard pressed to keep up & maintain that effort & in armor & fighting the locals, who, ran all day to keep up so they could punch on, hard lifestyle. Medieval England was a different story & as you say, peoples health declined with crowded conditions, still, they had better oxygen content in the air, no smog, no poisons floating about to breath, the earth had more minerals for the crops (no artificial fertilizers in those days) The body didn't have to spend it's time trying to get plastics & man-made artificial crap out of the body during sleep, it could just heal, not to mention trying to get people to use the stairs instead of a lift or walk instead of driving, nope, people are a lot less robust, strong, healthy than those in the past, look at your countries Health System at the amount of sick people per capita, not good.

I'm going to have to continue to disagree with you on this. You do make a good point about poisons in the air and what not. However, we really do know. A hell of a lot more about the human body and nutrition than ever before. Just because most people choose to eat complete shit like McDonald's, doesn't mean they HAVE to eat that kind of shit. Every single human being has choices. Lots and lots of choices! Trust me on this. Our nutritional options are far an away better than anything people have had available in the past. I see you did acknowledge this by mentioning porridge.

Using special forces guys is a poor example to use to compare to the ancient Roman army. The reason being, is that the special forces spend a lot more time training in other ways to be combat-effective for 20th and now 21st century warfare. Armies all the way through the 19th century drilled and drilled and drilled with marching. The Union and Confederate armies did exactly the same things the ancient Roman armies did. And I gotta tell ya:

I knew my great grandmother on my dad's side. She was born in the year 1899, and died in 2001. I was born in 1983, so I knew her for a good chunk of my life. HER grandfather was a messenger boy in the Union Army for some outfit from NY. Can't remember which regiment off the top of my head ATM. He fought at the battle of Gettusburgh. And the union and Confederate armies had to march 30 miles a day, set up camp and defensive works, and the whole 9 yards. As I said, they trained specifically for those specific tasks for what warfare at the time required.

Special forces operate in small half-dozen or so squads with very very specific tasks. They have to use the time alotted to them for training in a wise manner. Training to match for 30 miles a day isn't a good use of a special forces squad unit's time. Special forces operate swiftly in their small squads.

The ancient Roman legions had legions of men with many hands to construct their roads and defensive works. Even with modern equipment, a handful of men can't do all of that.

Also, strength does not mean someone has endurance, and vice-versa.Endurance doesn't mean they have strength. Humans are a lot more specialized today, depending on what you study or train for and how you study and train.

Defensive structures (FOPs, forward operating posts), are built by the regular army grunts using specialized equipment: forklifts, skidsteers, hand tools, etc. The modern battlefield also doesn't have enough time to set up real fortifications for ancient-style warfare, nor would such stone works even be practical against modern weapons.

AAnd finally, human lifespans are a LOT longer. The average age is much older than ever before. And even then, on average, there are far fewer people that are sick and dying as a proportion of the population than back then. Infant mortity rates or miniscule, as are birthing mother mortality rates.

Back