Chinese man kept alive by self-built dialysis machine (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

_Xtina_

Poster girl
In perhaps the most desperate display of Chinese ingenuity yet, a 43-year-old man has been kept alive for 13 years by a home-made kidney dialysis machine.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...ept-alive-by-self-built-dialysis-machine.html
2ap_2458685c.jpg

q.jpg

tero

GOREBABY
Almost everyone in the US gets free or nearly free dialysis- and has for many years.
Yeah XTINA I was thinking same thing don't they get some kinda medical (FREE) care over there? especially for a treatment that really people die from within 5 yrs. Everyone ive ever know who had to be on dialysis died within 5 yrs. and I actually knew 3 friends on it who lasted 2-3 yrs sad when kidneys fail I have lupus and its know to effect the kidneys thank god mine are working fine up to now its the daily pain (hands, feet, back and pleurisy I deal with and of course all the meds to keep me going suck but im a trooper have good nite sorry for rambling on tonight............

_Xtina_

Poster girl
Yeah XTINA I was thinking same thing don't they get some kinda medical (FREE) care over there? especially for a treatment that really people die from within 5 yrs. Everyone ive ever know who had to be on dialysis died within 5 yrs. and I actually knew 3 friends on it who lasted 2-3 yrs sad when kidneys fail I have lupus and its know to effect the kidneys thank god mine are working fine up to now its the daily pain (hands, feet, back and pleurisy I deal with and of course all the meds to keep me going suck but im a trooper have good nite sorry for rambling on tonight............

I've known people who've been on dialysis for 30 years. Nobody dies from dialysis- it keeps them alive.
Most dialysis pts have many different types of illnesses. It's usually heart disease, secondary to high blood pressure and/or diabetes, that kills them.

_Xtina_

Poster girl
Wow, here's a man with a mind just flowing with ideas. He'd better get a patent.

From what I read in the article, and see in the pics, it appears he took his ideas from patents that already exist.
The difference is that those dialysis machines are very high-tech and made in factories- his is home-made.

Back