accident Ejected From Car (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Ellzibette

Resident Rope Bottom
When I was in college a girl about my age from my work and I went to lunch or something in her car. I remember her telling me she didn't wear a seatbelt because she'd "rather be dead than paralyzed." As if those were the only two possible outcomes in an accident. I thought that view was retarded then and still do.

Bethy 🔥

Sometimes life aint fair kiddo..
Super Moderator
When I was in college a girl about my age from my work went to lunch or something in her car. I remember her telling me she didn't wear a seatbelt because she'd "rather be dead than paralyzed." As if those were the only two possible outcomes in an accident. I thought that view was retarded then and still do.
I never wore mine either until I seen a 22yr woman living at my mama’s nursing home in a wheel chair, paralyzed from not wearing a seat belt. Got my reality check

igotyour40acres

Forum Veteran
I didn't wear mine until I was 18 and an 18 wheeler loaded with cattle crossed into my lane and hit me head-on, we were both only going about 45mph but it immediately pushed my car backwards into the front of the guy behind me, which then bounced me off the road and through the side wall of a grocery store. My head and left arm went through the windshield before the front of the car crumpled, crushing my ankle between the clutch and brake peddles and trapping me in the car with the smoking engine sitting in the passenger seat. Anyway, I always wear my belt now.

Bethy 🔥

Sometimes life aint fair kiddo..
Super Moderator
I didn't wear mine until I was 18 and an 18 wheeler loaded with cattle crossed into my lane and hit me head-on, we were both only going about 45mph but it immediately pushed my car backwards into the front of the guy behind me, which then bounced me off the road and through the side wall of a grocery store. My head and left arm went through the windshield before the front of the car crumpled, crushing my ankle between the clutch and brake peddles and trapping me in the car with the smoking engine sitting in the passenger seat. Anyway, I always wear my belt now.
Hard lesson learned.. Glad you made it out alive

Kapitän Ghul'

Look at me go.
My mother had a wreck in 1985, maybe 86. What a great 10 year, that I ate dash board. We were going 5 mph. After that I wore a set belt. Then when I was a teenager it became the law. I broke my voltron lunch box that day with my knee. It was in the floor.

Back