El Salvador is safest country in the world (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Vwj

NewbieX
So supposely on Fareed Zakaria on CNN this morning said El Salvador is one of the safest countries in the world. After seeing what I have in here I will have to disagree! Lol I was pissing myself laughing when he said it thinking of all the people being hacked up I've seen. I think ol Fareed needs some GG. 🤔
Coz most of the fuckers have moved to the states 😂

D.O.A.

We are Kings
So supposely on Fareed Zakaria on CNN this morning said El Salvador is one of the safest countries in the world. After seeing what I have in here I will have to disagree! Lol I was pissing myself laughing when he said it thinking of all the people being hacked up I've seen. I think ol Fareed needs some GG. 🤔
Do you live under a rock?

Preacher

Forum Veteran

Actually statistically speaking now is correct, Bukele's measures brought very good results. It did become the safest in America in 2023. And one of the safest in the world too.

It went from being the most dangerous country in America (homicides every 100,000 inhabitants. Data from 2017):

1709186589596.png

To be one of the safest (2022):

1709187298542.png

And in 2023 becoming the safest in America. Beating by far even USA and Argentina (both countries kept historically good positions) in this indicator

1709188364650.png

Note regarding this map: The data for all countries is from 2022 and for El Salvador is from 2023. At the time of making the map, the 2023 data for the rest of the countries was not available. But the difference in the values for the rest of the countries should not be much...

Bukele's measures to achieve this were many, but one of the ones that I consider to be the most intelligent was to severe punish gangs members who were imprisoned for the actions their gangs carried out outside the prison. Many of the members who were in prison were gang founders/leaders so with this gangs members outside of prison became afraid of committing crimes too...

I still remember Bukele's response to a human rights organization: "In my prisons there are murderers, rapists, the worst in society, if you care about them so much, feel free to take them with you." 😂

Last edited:

Preacher

Forum Veteran
The NYT article above explains it quite well; it was easier in San Salvador to lower certain crime rates and gang violence, because the gangs/Maras are very poor, less organized and not armed with modern stuff up to the teeth.
Wouldn't work so well in other South/Middle American countries.

I still remember when the Mexican police arrested the son of an important leader of a drug cartel in that country.... The drug cartel took the control of THE ENTIRE TOWN where the police and the son of that leader were and the Mexican police had no choice but to not only leave the town, but also free the son of that drug cartel leader.

The drug cartel even had trucks with .50 caliber machine guns mounted on them.

D.O.A.

We are Kings
I still remember when the Mexican police arrested the son of an important leader of a drug cartel in that country.... The drug cartel took the control of THE ENTIRE TOWN where the police and the son of that leader were and the Mexican police had no choice but to not only leave the town, but also free the son of that drug cartel leader.

The drug cartel even had trucks with .50 caliber machine guns mounted on them.
Mexican president took the time out of his day to greet Chapo's mother

images - 2024-03-01T141615.234.jpeg

If Trump gets in, first thing he should do is declare cartels as terror orgs, have a bullet put in this guys head. Make the CIA great again. He is bought and paid for long ago.

Preacher

Forum Veteran
Mexican president took the time out of his day to greet Chapo's mother

View attachment 757408

If Trump gets in, first thing he should do is declare cartels as terror orgs, have a bullet put in this guys head. Make the CIA great again. He is bought and paid for long ago.

89% of businesses in Mexico have relationship with drug dealing, I think it will be easier for him to declare all Mexico as terror org. 😂

Shatterskull

Transcarpathian Explosives Expert
Actually statistically speaking now is correct, Bukele's measures brought very good results. It did become the safest in America in 2023. And one of the safest in the world too.

It went from being the most dangerous country in America (homicides every 100,000 inhabitants. Data from 2017):

View attachment 757059

To be one of the safest (2022):

View attachment 757081

And in 2023 becoming the safest in America. Beating by far even USA and Argentina (both countries kept historically good positions) in this indicator

View attachment 757083

Note regarding this map: The data for all countries is from 2022 and for El Salvador is from 2023. At the time of making the map, the 2023 data for the rest of the countries was not available. But the difference in the values for the rest of the countries should not be much...

Bukele's measures to achieve this were many, but one of the ones that I consider to be the most intelligent was to severe punish gangs members who were imprisoned for the actions their gangs carried out outside the prison. Many of the members who were in prison were gang founders/leaders so with this gangs members outside of prison became afraid of committing crimes too...

I still remember Bukele's response to a human rights organization: "In my prisons there are murderers, rapists, the worst in society, if you care about them so much, feel free to take them with you." 😂
I enjoy being proved wrong by intelligent people. Thanks for the post, I really liked reading it!

Back